I would be down for it and I think every map should get a small variant for the sole reason of: more maps. Nothing wrong with more variety.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.J. said:

Come on if there was ever a map that needs a small variant it’s Pinehurst. Maybe people will actually choose the map if there was a small version. Jarvis House is small enough already.

When Jarvis House came out, they said "Small" map variants were over. Meaning no Jarvis small or Pinehurst small.

I agree though, noobs create a need for small maps. Jarvis and Pinehurst are definitely the "advanced" maps. Those maps are not for people who don't understand how to complete objectives effectively.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

When Jarvis House came out, they said "Small" map variants were over. Meaning no Jarvis small or Pinehurst small.

I agree though, noobs create a need for small maps. Jarvis and Pinehurst are definitely the "advanced" maps. Those maps are not for people who don't understand how to complete objectives effectively.

I didn't realize the devs already said no more smalls.

If small maps are done that would be sad because it means less variety. Though I do get the argument that the small maps might make the big ones even less likely to be played. 

11 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I’m not a n00b I’m level 52. <_<

I think we just need more spots for the objectives to spawn. Getting really tired of the car and phone spawning in the same spot, sometimes all 3 objectives spawn in the same area. Why does the car or phone never spawn in the south part of the map? Why does the phone never spawn in an out-of-the-way place like Ethel's home? Why can't the car spawn at Pinehurst itself?

This is true of Jarvis house as well, why can't the phone spawn in the west part of the map?

They should create two different versions of Quick Play: Ranked and Casual. Casual would use the small maps, and Ranked would the use the large maps. I think the small maps are garbage and I don't particularly care for the people that prefer them either. So this would be a win win for me. Unfortunately, due to the anemic player counts, this is something we'll never see.

• Thanks 1

Big maps like Pinehurst and Tommy Jarvis house on QP are useless. 
There is simply no action. When I play them as Jason is an easy 8/8 and as a counselor I have never seen someone escaping them unless it's by the police. They are nice atmosphere for sure but  the rest is boring as hell. And it's not a balance talk, they are just too big for casual players who don't focus all the time on fixing objective. The fact that parts are always far from the objectives makes it even worse.
A small Pinehurst map would be very much welcome. Anything smaller is goos since it appears that people play the game more on smaller maps. 

• Like 1

Maps don't need to get smaller if new transportation is added ie. bikes. That's just my opinion though so don't get huffy about it.

If they added new small maps, like the dinner, police station, trailer park in a new fast pace mode that would be a different story, as long as they could all be placed on a larger game map and make sense, I'd love this way of doing small maps. Single player challenges should have different small maps to look forward to as well.

On 4/15/2018 at 4:07 PM, BangkokHard said:

I made a similar Topic but as a poll, everyone seems to want it except Jason players. Just goes to show you who it really benefits :/ 

Meh, Theres no such thing as Jason players..  This isn't DBD.    I never understand why people say "JASON PLAYERS"

To be honest.  if it was up to me id remove all SMALL maps.    I love normal maps..  Hate small maps. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2018 at 2:33 PM, AldermachXI said:

. Jarvis and Pinehurst are definitely the "advanced" maps. Those maps are not for people who don't understand how to complete objectives effectively.

Those maps really work best for private lobbies (particularly Jarvis and its crazy-ass repair spawn distances).

On the other hand, I feel sorry for any Jason in a private lobby on Higgins Haven Small. The shape makes it literally a race track,  and its a shitshow.

I'd be here for it. I get why some people do not like the small maps, but I like variety and also I find it more thrilling to be in close contact with other counselors because usually someone is always being pursued by Jason and it can get intense.

3 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Those maps really work best for private lobbies (particularly Jarvis and its crazy-ass repair spawn distances).

On the other hand, I feel sorry for any Jason in a private lobby on Higgins Haven Small. The shape makes it literally a race track,  and its a shitshow.

Yeah, Higgins Small is tough. Played one yesterday and they already had Gas/Battery in the car by the time I was able to Morph to the last objective (I Morph to next obj. as soon as cooldown allows). I didn't even have Shift yet. Luckily they never got that car started in the end though.

8 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, Higgins Small is tough. Played one yesterday and they already had Gas/Battery in the car by the time I was able to Morph to the last objective (I Morph to next obj. as soon as cooldown allows). I didn't even have Shift yet. Luckily they never got that car started in the end though.

That's why I hate playing with @GhostWolfViking, his Vanessa build with medic and thick skin means he tanks ALL of my traps right after i set them :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

That's why I hate playing with @GhostWolfViking, his Vanessa build with medic and thick skin means he tanks ALL of my traps right after i set them :P

Haven't seen his crazy ass in a while now. Sent him some SoT invites and he never accepted them. Now I don't even see him on Xbox anymore. Must have blocked me again :P

4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Haven't seen his crazy ass in a while now. Sent him some SoT invites and he never accepted them. Now I don't even see him on Xbox anymore. Must have blocked me again :P

No your not blocked. I'm still around. Waiting for ''soon'' to be now for the next patch. ?

We really don’t need more maps or smaller versions of Jarvis and Pinehurst. What we need is more variation within the maps we already have. They are way too predictable. The devs need to take some time to reinvigorate the older maps with more dynamic locations. The maps don’t always need to be identical to the films as the game has already departed significantly from the ‘cannon’ AKA bear traps which were only used in the 2009 remake but are an integral part of the game for some reason. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Meh, Theres no such thing as Jason players..  This isn't DBD.    I never understand why people say "JASON PLAYERS"

To be honest.  if it was up to me id remove all SMALL maps.    I love normal maps..  Hate small maps. 

I think there might be. Many people quit and will continue to quit until they get a match where they are Jason. It sucks because they make the full lobby go down and the game is much better when all 7 players stay in the game against Jason.

Also I don't like the small maps. Either objectives are done in 5 minutes or Jason kills half the players in 5 minutes.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:45 PM, J.J. said:

Just like how Jason can find you in less than 2 minutes.

He may be able to find you but hes not a threat in the beginning without his abilities and counselor stamina recharges super fast at this point.

On 2018-04-15 at 1:07 PM, BangkokHard said:

I made a similar Topic but as a poll, everyone seems to want it except Jason players. Just goes to show you who it really benefits :/ 

Bullshit.

I prefer playing as Jason and would like to see small versions of Jarvis and Pinehurst.

What’s with all the ‘Us vs. Them’ shit anyway?

I admit, I'm not overly fond of Pinehurst... but it can still be fun. The small maps, while they may make for 'faster matches', can't really add any... atmosphere. Meaning, too quick kills which don't allow for a feeling of... excitement, when seeing the others being killed off. With larger maps, you get that feeling and that's what makes the matches on all non small maps so good imo.

Small maps are ok... for players starting out to get their feet wet, so to speak so they can get the hang of things. But for more experienced players, the other maps are far better.

I know there aren't any more small map variants coming and I'm partial to the large maps for the boat escapes. But I'd like some more if it means I don't have to play Pacanack small anymore, I am fucking sick of that map.

On 4/15/2018 at 2:20 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

I agree actually. I would like a small variant to this map. There are ao many strangleholds or choke points. The cabins are spread so far out.

I agree as well. Pinehurst is my least favorite map, and the only reason why is the map size. It's just too big for my taste. Whether I'm a counselor or Jason is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. In my opinion, a small Pinehurst map would help.

• Like 1