Come on if there was ever a map that needs a small variant it’s Pinehurst. Maybe people will actually choose the map if there was a small version. Jarvis House is small enough already.

• Confused 1

I agree actually. I would like a small variant to this map. There are ao many strangleholds or choke points. The cabins are spread so far out.

16 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I agree actually. I would like a small variant to this map. There are ao many strangleholds or choke points. The cabins are spread so far out.

I agree with you 

I think it's fun already.  Of course, I'm one of the crazy few who doesn't mind dying as a counselor every once in a while.

• Like 5

I kind of like pine Hurst as it is, it feels quite risky out in the open compared to other maps as the locations are more spread out. Of course I wouldn't object to a smaller version if it happened. 

I like Pinehurst much better than Jarvis map, at least with Pinehurst the propeller or battery doesn't spawn on the other side of the map. That being said I'd dig a small version. 

I don’t mind big maps if there’s a reason for them to be that way but there’s a lot of unnecessary space in Pinehurst everything’s too far apart. Plus NO ONE ever picks it in quick play, I’m saying if there was a small variant it would probably be a lot more popular. If there are already 3 small variant maps why is it so ridiculous to suggest the largest map in the game gets one as well?

We don't need a small variant, I don't think it's any harder to escape Pinehurst than any other map. 

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

We don't need a small variant, I don't think it's any harder to escape Pinehurst than any other map. 

This isn’t about how easy or hard it is. It’s about the flow. I like maps where you can pretty much traverse the entire map in one match. It’s just impossible to explore all of Pinehurst in one match it’s just way too big. Plus I’m not saying get rid of the current version. Just have a smaller variant for people who want a more tight and risky match.

I think pinehurst is fine as is but would love to see small variants of it and Jarvis house. We already have small maps of the others so why not. 

4 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Just have a smaller variant for people who want a more tight and risky match.

. It’s just impossible to explore all of Pinehurst in one match it’s just way too big.

If you can't get all the way around the map in a match you're doing it wrong.

If they make a smaller version that's the only one that will be played because people think that the small maps benefit counselors.

Just now, Crispen_Glover said:

I think pinehurst is fine as is but would love to see small variants of it and Jarvis house. We already have small maps of the others so why not. 

Rumor has it they don't want to do more small maps, because of the advantage it gives to counselors. 

I don’t understand how it gives advantage to counsellors. A smaller map means Jason is more likely to find you. That being said it also means counsellors are more likely to find items so it’s evened out. Generally the matches finish a lot faster on the smaller maps.

I don’t understand how it gives advantage to counsellors. A smaller map means Jason is more likely to find you

This is true, but if you listen to why people always play Packanack small they will say because it's the easiest to escape. It's why you see it and crystal lake small so often in quickplay. People operate under the false assumption that they favor counselors, when in fact it's a wash because Jason can usually run between 2 of the objectives.

If they add a small Pinehurst you'll almost never see the full size one played.

7 minutes ago, J.J. said:

I don’t understand how it gives advantage to counsellors. A smaller map means Jason is more likely to find you. That being said it also means counsellors are more likely to find items so it’s evened out. Generally the matches finish a lot faster on the smaller maps.

The parts spawn very close to the objectives. Crystal Lake Small is an especially bad offender of this. The car by the tool shed can get started in 2 minutes or less if Jason isn't quick about trapping objectives.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

The parts spawn very close to the objectives. Crystal Lake Small is an especially bad offender of this. The car by the tool shed can get started in 2 minutes or less if Jason isn't quick about trapping objectives.

Just like how Jason can find you in less than 2 minutes.

7 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

If they add a small Pinehurst you'll almost never see the full size one played.

The full size one is already never played. You literally have to message the host in order to play it.

27 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Rumor has it they don't want to do more small maps, because of the advantage it gives to counselors. 

Good, people need to quit whining about small maps because they only want them for this very reason. People need to play a challenging map that is not easy to escape from and quit being lazy and wanting the easy way out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Just like how Jason can find you in less than 2 minutes.

Finding counselors early in the game is irrelevant unless you want objectives to get finished under your nose. If you aren't trapping objectives on Crystal Lake Small as fast as you can you are in trouble. Most Jason players who I play against on that map struggle to defend them.

I honestly hate this map. Jarvis House and Higgins Haven (the normal one) are my favorites. 

2 hours ago, J.J. said:

Come on if there was ever a map that needs a small variant it’s Pinehurst. Maybe people will actually choose the map if there was a small version. Jarvis House is small enough already.

Nah, it’s fine how it is. I hate small maps, as Jason. It’s possible, to repair a car in under 45 seconds and if the keys, happen to be near by then you’re fucked. 

I play it quite a bit on QP strangely enough. I like running through the orange groves, very surreal feeling. I'd totally be down for small versions of both this and Jarvis though, because I'm an OCD type completist. 

I made a similar Topic but as a poll, everyone seems to want it except Jason players. Just goes to show you who it really benefits :/