Sign in to follow this  
Chace Hollett

So why does Savini Jason look so bad on console?

Now I’m not sure if any of you guys know this but Savini looks way better on PC than he does console.

Im sure I’m gonna get those “ Because PC is the best you console scrub. “ but it’s such a noticeable difference.

PC: more particle effects and even small heat waves.

Console ( PS4 pro ): less particle effects and no heat waves.

4 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

Now I’m not sure if any of you guys know this but Savini looks way better on PC than he does console.

Im sure I’m gonna get those “ Because PC is the best you console scrub. “ but it’s such a noticeable difference.

PC: more particle effects and even small heat waves.

Console ( PS4 pro ): less particle effects and no heat waves.

I actually noticed that too. It's not just the heat waves and effects that are different for Savini on PC and Console, but it's also the Counselor Hair physics. On PC the hair physics will bounce a lot more and flow around, on console though, the hair doesn't do that. I wish the console hair physics were like the PC hair physics. 

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Savini looks better on PC because PCs can handle all the visual extras that consoles can't 

I mostly agree with you but this game isn’t very graphics intensive, it’s just poorly optimized on consoles.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I mostly agree with you but this game isn’t very graphics intensive, it’s just poorly optimized on consoles.

I want to think the engine upgrade will fix that and we will have something like the alpha footage in graphics

• Like 2

I have the PC version, and the game runs noticeably worse when I use Savini Jason. The consoles really probably can't handle it, mainly due to poor optimization of course.

Because it's console. As a console player who has played a handful of PC versions of the same few games will confirm that PC looks better in every way.

It's Super Savini. That's all anyone ever needs to know. Specs, consoles, megabytes of chaos.

You have a mega computer that could take over the world, if only it wasn't spending all it's hard earned cpu on making video game models look so cool. I need one. Nay...I need more Vodka. 

I pick the latter, what say you?! 

Just now, Flyin_J said:

Because it's console. As a console player who has played a handful of PC versions of the same few games will confirm that PC looks better in every way.

Yeah, but in this case there's no good reason the consoles shouldn't be able to run it. There are decade old PS3 games that are more detailed.

• Confused 1

I am not a tech person, but I believe that consoles are locked in certain aspects like graphics,  content data capacity, and whatever other fancy stuff that PCs can outdo consoles.

5 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

I am not a tech person, but I believe that consoles are locked in certain aspects like graphics,  content data capacity, and whatever other fancy stuff that PCs can outdo consoles.

That’s normally true, but f13 isn’t graphically advanced. The game was just poorly.... poorly optimized on consoles. Hopefully this engine update will get the consoles looking a little better.

• Like 1

I'm sure it will look great. Hopefully. When and if it gets here.

@Chace Hollett you should take a close look at Speedo Chad if you think Savini looks bad. His torso looks like a crash test dummy...

3 hours ago, Truth said:

@Chace Hollett you should take a close look at Speedo Chad if you think Savini looks bad. His torso looks like a crash test dummy...

Yeah and his body is a slightly different color than his head which bothers my soul.

• Like 1

It's just because the poor optimization, I really hope this game get a graphics upgrade aswell as more optimization in both platforms with the engine upgrade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Truth said:

Oh…my…God. Your so right. How have I never noticed that!?

2 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

Oh…my…God. Your so right. How have I never noticed that!?

Because it used to look fine. I was watching an old clip earlier and it was totally normal.

5 hours ago, Truth said:

Because it used to look fine. I was watching an old clip earlier and it was totally normal.

I’ll have to look at some old footage also.

17 hours ago, Truth said:

I thought he was a crash test dummy.....

Did the question seriously need to be asked, OP?

Comparing a gaming console to a gaming PC is like someone deciding on how they want their steaks to be prepared. Some people are willing to invest a lot of time n' money into the process, meaning they do research; spends lot of money; and decide on their personal tastes. This oftentimes results in the person eventually perfecting their own steak. The catch, of course, is all the time spent on the researching as well as the extreme amounts of money spent. A good cut of steak, like a ribeye for example, is much tastier than say a thin cut, but the cost is much higher, and you have to research all the different ways to prepare the steak, sometimes meaning you have to invest in a higher grade grill as well as top of the line seasonings to perfect your creation.

Now, some people don't have the time, money, or both to invest in eating what they consider a perfect steak, so they go to a steak restaurant instead. While they don't have the satisfaction of preparing the steak themselves, they're still able to enjoy a perfectly good steak, therefore saving on the costs/time necessary to prepare a good steak on their own. They can't say they perfected a masterpiece, but they're still satisfied with their choice.

A gaming PC is the former idea, whereas the gaming console is the latter. Also, something I couldn't fit into the anology: exclusive titles. A game like Bloodborne, for instance, was exclusive only to the PS4, something that irked PC gamers who enjoyed the Dark Souls series from the same company.