This has been brought up quite a few times in other threads but there is no official thread for this so I thought I would make one. 

A while back in the dev diary #1 it was said they were working on a sandbox mode where you get to free roam around any map without any objectives, Jason hunting you etc. I think this would be a good addition to the game. You would be able to just hang around with friends and drive around in the cars and ride the boats.

@MichaelMemers suggested to me that it would be good for practising driving off-road in the cars. I also thought there should be a switch for daytime and night time so you can choose either one or a switch for both where it gradually changes from daylight to night time and vice Versa. Also include rain. There could also be counselor bots wandering around the maps.

what do you guys think? Apart from daylight, I don’t think this would be too difficult and it would be a great way to explore the maps without the worry of being slaughtered lol.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

what do you guys think? Apart from daylight, I don’t think this would be too difficult and it would be a great way to explore the maps without the worry of being slaughtered lol.

Actually, there is a very easy way to do this now. Just make a private game with a couple of people with the agreement that Jason will not be doing any killing. Then, you can drive, boat, explore, etc...to your heart's content.

Jason can also use that time to practice with throwing knives, shifting, morphing...blah blah blah.

I'm not discounting the idea, I'm just saying that everything you are asking for can be done now without using programmer's time that, honestly, could be used for more important endeavors such as bug fixes and extra content.

Just now, Rexfellis said:

Actually, there is a very easy way to do this now. Just make a private game with a couple of people with the agreement that Jason will not be doing any killing. Then, you can drive, boat, explore, etc...to your heart's content.

Jason can also use that time to practice with throwing knives, shifting, morphing...blah blah blah.

I'm not discounting the idea, I'm just saying that everything you are asking for can be done now without using programmer's time that, honestly, could be used for more important endeavors.

Yeah I see what you mean, I think they should focus on paranoia more

• Thanks 2

I think if they did this it would ruin the game. It' Friday the 13th not sims.

• Like 1

Everyone seems to think everything will ruin the game, no one gives any reasons. Just their opinions, like those matter in the least. 

• Haha 1

Yea because my opinion is going to defiantly determine the outcome of the gameB)

33 minutes ago, Lyric said:

I think if they did this it would ruin the game. It' Friday the 13th not sims.

How would it ruin the game? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justice4all said:

How would it ruin the game? 

I would like to know this as well. 

Well, I'm going to try and word this the best way I can, but it' a game based off a slasher film...teens being killed, creepy atmosphere, creepy guy in a mask...

Idk maybe the horror fan in me just dosnt think it would belong 

If your for it then that is you, but I don't really feel it.

57 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Problem is that the Jason player are the odd player out.  And scares counselors.   Plus the 20 min time limit.

I would honestly enjoy a Free Camping/Free Roam type of area. 

-With drawers filled with fire works.first aid sprays...

-Cars/Boats Already fixed. 

-Players are invincible (But first add only cleans the blood off, if hit by melee weapons or jumped through a window etc.

-   1-8 players.  Can also join in progress.  

Free Roam doesn't even have to be a huge deal.  But something that simple would add just a little something for just goofin' around in.

7 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Unless they make many new interactives, it'd be boring as it is now.

Or instead of a waiting lobby have this idea

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Problem is that the Jason player are the odd player out.  And scares counselors.   Plus the 20 min time limit.

I would honestly enjoy a Free Camping/Free Roam type of area. 

-With drawers filled with fire works.first aid sprays...

-Cars/Boats Already fixed. 

-Players are invincible (But first add only cleans the blood off, if hit by melee weapons or jumped through a window etc.

-   1-8 players.  Can also join in progress.  

Free Roam doesn't even have to be a huge deal.  But something that simple would add just a little something for just goofin' around in.

And If Anyone REALLY Loves to RP In Games, I could see this as a Replacement for Something like Paranoia if that doesn't come out

[ A Whodunit Sandbox mode]

• Like 1

I am honestly all on board for this. People forget that jason didn't just kill the counselors as soon as they step foot in the camp site. They had drinks, parties,sex, driving, looking forward to Saturday the 14th... but 14th never happen and you know why it didn't. This sandbox is basically the prequel of the game, interacting with things on the map having fun with friends in the maps in daytime.

Cooking in kitchen an already made pot of whatever.

Watch one of the F13 films on the TV or a easter egg one Elm st,Halloween etc etc. 

Drive around the map with buddies (maybe some ontop of roof)

Fishing in the lake

Etc etc I'm still looking forward to customizing the cars

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 49Stories said:

I am honestly all on board for this. People forget that jason didn't just kill the counselors as soon as they step foot in the camp site. They had drinks, parties,sex, driving, looking forward to Saturday the 14th... but 14th never happen and you know why it didn't. This sandbox is basically the prequel of the game, interacting with things on the map having fun with friends in the maps in daytime.

Cooking in kitchen an already made pot of whatever.

Watch one of the F13 films on the TV or a easter egg one Elm st,Halloween etc etc. 

Drive around the map with buddies (maybe some ontop of roof)

Fishing in the lake

Etc etc I'm still looking forward to customizing the cars

Exactly! I would love to have a sandbox mode like this.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

This has been brought up quite a few times in other threads but there is no official thread for this so I thought I would make one. 

A while back in the dev diary #1 it was said they were working on a sandbox mode where you get to free roam around any map without any objectives, Jason hunting you etc. I think this would be a good addition to the game. You would be able to just hang around with friends and drive around in the cars and ride the boats.

@MichaelMemers suggested to me that it would be good for practising driving off-road in the cars. I also thought there should be a switch for daytime and night time so you can choose either one or a switch for both where it gradually changes from daylight to night time and vice Versa. Also include rain. There could also be counselor bots wandering around the maps.

I want this mode more than anything with all F13 killers. We'll call it summer camp mode. You could drive cars, fix stuff, etc as Counselors and Jason, Pamela and Roy could practice hunting and stalking with no time limit.

6 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

I want this mode more than anything with all F13 killers. We'll call it summer camp mode. You could drive cars, fix stuff, etc as Counselors and Jason, Pamela and Roy could practice hunting and stalking with no time limit.

Yeah it would be soooo fun. And since we wouldn’t be escaping in the cars, do you think we would be able to drive in 3rd person  do you think it would stay 1st. It would be good if we could choose which one.

Hm. But where does Jason come in? Surely you can't have a game mode in a Friday the 13th game without Jason being involved somehow.

11 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

Hm. But where does Jason come in? Surely you can't have a game mode in a Friday the 13th game without Jason being involved somehow.

Jason wouldn’t come in. It would be a way to roam freely around the maps for exploration. It could also be used simply to goof around in the cars and boats. Also it would be a good way to practise driving.

@ShiftySamurai I heard you guys were planning on adding a sandbox mode ages ago. Is it still a planned feature or has it been dropped?

12 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

Well it would be a free roam camping mode.    The whole point is to goof around without Jason.

12 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

The news clippings and recordings could be added to the drawers of each map, so you can view each movie item in the map it belongs in. Think virtual cabin stuff. Recordings could be played using the boomboxes. 

A big interconnecting road map of everything around Crystal Lake that has been introduced so far, with areas for future content. You would be able to drive out of Higgins and onto the road map, then take that to Pinehurst collecting items in each map and fixing what needs to be fixed to find the other pieces of the puzzle that is Jason's legend.

The Road map could come with an extra vehicle, maybe a motorbike and the possibility of dlc vehicles in the future. I'd pay for the RV, would you?

54 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The news clippings and recordings could be added to the drawers of each map, so you can view each movie item in the map it belongs in. Think virtual cabin stuff. Recordings could be played using the boomboxes. 

A big interconnecting road map of everything around Crystal Lake that has been introduced so far, with areas for future content. You would be able to drive out of Higgins and onto the road map, then take that to Pinehurst collecting items in each map and fixing what needs to be fixed to find the other pieces of the puzzle that is Jason's legend.

The Road map could come with an extra vehicle, maybe a motorbike and the possibility of dlc vehicles in the future. I'd pay for the RV, would you?

Yeah I would pay for the RV. I wouldn’t want this to be a mode like Virtual cabin though. When the devs said they were planning on it, they said it would be a mode without objectives. I would like the addition of the news on the radio though.

It would be a sandbox, just items would be moved to drawers to find, and there would be story elements without a full story but build toward the possibility. 

I also happen to think this is a good idea so players can learn to drive the car and the boat forwards and backwards without a map, play the mini games to fix items without worrying about Jason arriving to chop you up, or other basics like combat stances, etc. I'm extremely lucky that I have someone who is an advanced player willing to help me learn in private games but not everyone has this option. Jason players (which I am not) already have this practice option with the bots - just saying...