Hopefully this isn't a repeat thread, but I was kind of curious as to what perks you use for each counsilers? Or which ones improve ?

10 hours ago, Lyric said:

Hopefully this isn't a repeat thread, but I was kind of curious as to what perks you use for each counsilers? Or which ones improve ?

chad doesn't need any perks

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

• Haha 1

Sucker Punch, Swift Attack (or it was attacker?) And Medic, that combo makes your u-turn impossible to miss or evade and is always a stun with a wrench, so you get a free stun and stamina.

For Vanessa is the same but replacing Sucker Punch with Marathon, so I rely more on running and less in the u-turn.

And like @anon said, Chad doesn't need perks at all :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Shaild said:

Sucker Punch, Swift Attack (or it was attacker?) And Medic, that combo makes your u-turn impossible to miss or evade and is always a stun with a wrench, so you get a free stun and stamina.

For Vanessa is the same but replacing Sucker Punch with Marathon, so I rely more on running and less in the u-turn.

What do you mean by u-turn?

4 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

What do you mean by u-turn?

When Jason is gaining up on you, you do a sudden u-turn and whack Jason on his ass

25 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

When Jason is gaining up on you, you do a sudden u-turn and whack Jason on his ass

Oh. That's hardly a free stun. Even bad Jasons will just turn around and dodge, and good Jasons will block it on reflex. While we're on this subject though, how do you do this "u-turn"? Do you just input the opposite direction, or is it a fluid motion, or are you using mouse movement as well? I wonder how it can be sped up to be more effective against the Jasons that don't block.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Oh. That's hardly a free stun. Even bad Jasons will just turn around and dodge, and good Jasons will block it on reflex. While we're on this subject though, how do you do this "u-turn"? Do you just input the opposite direction, or is it a fluid motion, or are you using mouse movement as well? I wonder how it can be sped up to be more effective against the Jasons that don't block.

Effective "U-Turn" is entering Combat stance to instantly face Jason and then do "light" swing while he's on your trail.   As you say, it is only a "free stun" on bad or inexperienced Jason, as moving out of range or block then grab punish are counters.  Its still a strong skill and will make Jason "respect" your space allowing you to stall longer or sneak a hit in after several faints or fake outs.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Effective "U-Turn" is entering Combat stance to instantly face Jason and then do "light" swing while he's on your trail.   As you say, it is only a "free stun" on bad or inexperienced Jason, as moving out of range or block then grab punish are counters.  Its still a strong skill and will make Jason "respect" your space allowing you to stall longer or sneak a hit in after several faints or fake outs.

That's why I use Swift Attack, it doesn't matter how fast you are insta blocking or moving out of range, there's not enough time to react no matter what, only way to evade is more or less think when the counselor is going to attack, then again, a experienced counselor knows that and will start mindgaming Jason so he won't expect the attack at all, if I'm running that setup (or I used to run) is because it never misses.

I always use the big map from start + spray x2 perks with any counselor. The 3rd perk depends on the counselor, but I try to use one to maximize one of their main strenghts. Examples: repair with AJ, marathon with Tiffany, fast attacker with Fox.

50 minutes ago, Shaild said:

That's why I use Swift Attack, it doesn't matter how fast you are insta blocking or moving out of range, there's not enough time to react no matter what, only way to evade is more or less think when the counselor is going to attack, then again, a experienced counselor knows that and will start mindgaming Jason so he won't expect the attack at all, if I'm running that setup (or I used to run) is because it never misses.

Well, actually there is enough time to block even with Swift Perk on reaction.  The Jasons I play with and I can all react to it (anyone whom played fight games for years should have the reactions).  I agree that mindgames are very important, especially against experienced Jasons.

9 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Well, actually there is enough time to block even with Swift Perk on reaction.  The Jasons I play with and I can all react to it (anyone whom played fight games for years should have the reactions).  I agree that mindgames are very important, especially against experienced Jasons.

Ok ok, there may be time to actually counter it, but you need to be someone with super reflexes to evade/block it, i played with some other Jason's that I know since first day and while they can evade them usually is a 80% hit, male counselors have the fastest swing attack so it's almost impossible to miss that (just saying, it's not because I have experience with the game, is just how that combo works):ph34r:

1 minute ago, Shaild said:

Ok ok, there may be time to actually counter it, but you need to be someone with super reflexes to evade/block it, i played with some other Jason's that I know since first day and while they can evade them usually is a 80% hit, male counselors have the fastest swing attack so it's almost impossible to miss that (just saying, it's not because I have experience with the game, is just how that combo works):ph34r:

yea, NP, its not often in QP to run into a Jason that even knows how to block, then grab, so you are not exactly in the wrong here.  I just wanted to be cautionary because a skilled player can react to it.

Nerves of steel, swift attacker, and medic can get you by in just about any situation. NOS keeps your mini map on screen to help with kiting Jason while he's on your back, can't overstate the importance of this perk if you're lucky enough to have it as an epic! Swift for attacking as many have already stated, on console you can press the right analog to enter combat stance giving you the quick U-turn attack they're talking about. Be cautious though, if there is another counselor with you then you will focus on them instead of Jason. 1 on 1 with Jason and swift attacker equipped you can nail bad Jason's with this, or you can find out if they are a good Jason if they block or dodge. If you notice they block or dodge, you can hit the left analog (console) and sprint a short distance to reset the chase. Mind games, know your enemy! And, Medic for tanking traps. It in essence gives you an extra inventory slot for health sprays, as well as making them more potent.

I just got rid of Nerves of Steel, I kept losing my mini-map. No idea why?

10 minutes ago, Grape said:

I just got rid of Nerves of Steel, I kept losing my mini-map. No idea why?

Was it epic? Anything with an 8% or higher that shouldn't happen, I use it on all my characters and never lose my mini map. But, before I got an epic I had one for 7% that was rare that I would still lose it on Chad with high fear. Now, I have an epic 8% with no minus that works great.

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Was it epic? Anything with an 8% or higher that shouldn't happen, I use it on all my characters and never lose my mini map. But, before I got an epic I had one for 7% that was rare that I would still lose it on Chad with high fear. Now, I have an epic 8% with no minus that works great.

Rare - 8%, zero negatives

Huh, same as mine. But maybe because it was rare, and not epic? Don't see why that would matter, but that's the only difference... NOS even on Chad works for me, but it's epic. I've had that happen on all others including rare, never once since I got an epic. Maybe that's the reason you lost your mini map? Maybe at max fear only epic will work? Let's ask @GeneiJin he also runs that perk, so maybe he has some insight on the matter.

Depends on the counselor but usually marathon, medic, and the third is a bit more up in the air. Sometimes sucker punch, other times preparedness, or my dad's a cop. There's a trick to blocking than quickly grabbing? 

17 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Depends on the counselor but usually marathon, medic, and the third is a bit more up in the air. Sometimes sucker punch, other times preparedness, or my dad's a cop. There's a trick to blocking than quickly grabbing? 

Run to exit combat stance instead of doing it the usual clunky way, then immediately grab. You can also throw a knife if you're in a group combat situation, and quickly go into combat stance and block again before the throwing animation is completely over.

16 hours ago, Shaild said:

It’s easy to counter it. Bait them out by grabbing, then they’ll try to punish you, just strafe out of the way and then grab again. It takes practice but it’s easy when you get it. You can also use throwing knifes, or just slash if you’re using a plus weapon damage Jason. 

4 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

It’s easy to counter it. Bait them out by grabbing, then they’ll try to punish you, just strafe out of the way and then grab again. It takes practice but it’s easy when you get it. You can also use throwing knifes, or just slash if you’re using a plus weapon damage Jason. 

It's even better to just run up to them and block the attack when they throw it out. This way you aren't respecting them, which would allow them to just keep jogging because they know you're just going to twirl away instead of committing to the attack.

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's even better to just run up to them and block the attack when they throw it out. This way you aren't respecting them, which would allow them to just keep jogging because they know you're just going to twirl away instead of committing to the attack.

Nah, if you’re not host the block will fail most of the time, unless your ping is low. So, that’s why I resort to dodging and just grab them once their swings come out. Here’s one of my matches as Jason, a couple days ago, I was the host though so the frame rate was much better and smoother, skip to 4:00 and I killed two counselors, by baiting their attacks out: 

But also note I don’t think these Counselors, were using swift attacker. 

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Ah. Well, I play on PC so lag is extremely rare.

Yeah, if you’re not host on PS4, the frame rate is ass. So, swift attacker, will most likely not fail. 

3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Huh, same as mine. But maybe because it was rare, and not epic? Don't see why that would matter, but that's the only difference... NOS even on Chad works for me, but it's epic. I've had that happen on all others including rare, never once since I got an epic. Maybe that's the reason you lost your mini map? Maybe at max fear only epic will work? Let's ask @GeneiJin he also runs that perk, so maybe he has some insight on the matter.

Nerves of Steel keeps the mini-map period.  Even if you only have a poor one, its useful because you will still always have the mini-map.

• Thanks 1