TheHansonGoons

How was your April 13th Experience?

I am starting this topic to hear how everyone's experience was when playing on 4/13/18(13/4/18). 

I played today from about 10:30am to 7:15 pm approximately. I hosted private matches for a decent bit of the afternoon. Had about 3 dashboards throughout the span of gametime. Not too bad. Had 2 legit kills, about 3 or 4 others come real close but messed up somewhere. 

My biggest gripe was how hard it was to fill lobbies. Definitely noticed a lot of club members playing other games. Most games I played never totally filled and had about 7 members. Sent out a few posts. Hundreds of invites. Most people only played for a game or two.

Played in one dumb lobby where people were setting rules about spawn killing. Real weak. They tried to say you cant kill until you have shift, unless they are carrying a part. I cant believe people still cry about that this far in. 

I noticed a lot of people saying they hadnt played in months and felt rusty. Also, i wqs surprised to see how many people complained about there not being an update. For some reason everyone was expecting one, even though it had been made clear there wouldnt be one today. 

What were your experiences? Did you even bother to play?

• Like 2

I'm guessing a LOT of people stopped playing due to the lack of updates. We probably would've had even less people had it not been Friday the 13th. 

I don't understand the complaining about the update either. People are so impatient. I don't wanna hear any complaining when the update comes out about people not being a high enough level for a certain perk (Victoria, weapon swaping), they had plenty of opportunities, such as this weekend to level up fast. I'm not even certain we'll get the update this month. Might be delayed until May. Regardless, I'm excited for it. The game has seemed a little boring lately (I took a 2 month break and just came back today), but when the update comes out, I'll probably be on for another 7 months straight again.

Yeah, I meant to play earlier this afternoon, but other things got in the way. I hope to play some tonight and this weekend though. I just hope this double XP event doesn't bring out the crazies as they usually do, if you know what I mean. In any case, did you happen to notice if the Tommy tapes and Pamela tapes are easier to find since they said they would be for this event? I have about 9 more Pamela tapes to find before I have all of them, and yet I STILL haven't managed to find a single Tommy tape oddly enough.

10 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I am starting this topic to hear how everyone's experience was when playing on 4/13/18(13/4/18). 

I played today from about 10:30am to 7:15 pm approximately. I hosted private matches for a decent bit of the afternoon. Had about 3 dashboards throughout the span of gametime. Not too bad. Had 2 legit kills, about 3 or 4 others come real close but messed up somewhere. 

My biggest gripe was how hard it was to fill lobbies. Definitely noticed a lot of club members playing other games. Most games I played never totally filled and had about 7 members. Sent out a few posts. Hundreds of invites. Most people only played for a game or two.

Played in one dumb lobby where people were setting rules about spawn killing. Real weak. They tried to say you cant kill until you have shift, unless they are carrying a part. I cant believe people still cry about that this far in. 

I noticed a lot of people saying they hadnt played in months and felt rusty. Also, i wqs surprised to see how many people complained about there not being an update. For some reason everyone was expecting one, even though it had been made clear there wouldnt be one today. 

What were your experiences? Did you even bother to play?

So far good. Loaded up on some great metal tunes today after finding that shop. We are new in this town. Have been running off and on today after watching part 6. Have ran nothing but offline so far, as I have this thing for playing with music going sometimes, and refuse to be that guy when running with folks on the mic. Bout to go grab a case of New Castle, and a case of Guinness and get back to the grind when I get back home. Overall been a great friday the 13th.

Disconnected from host. Lol

Nah I put this game on the shelve until I get what was promised before launch, in the fall, and in the winter....dedicated servers. Til then I just browse the reddit and here for updates and news. 

34 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

I'm guessing a LOT of people stopped playing due to the lack of updates. We probably would've had even less people had it not been Friday the 13th. 

I don't understand the complaining about the update either. People are so impatient. I don't wanna hear any complaining when the update comes out about people not being a high enough level for a certain perk (Victoria, weapon swaping), they had plenty of opportunities, such as this weekend to level up fast. I'm not even certain we'll get the update this month. Might be delayed until May. Regardless, I'm excited for it. The game has seemed a little boring lately (I took a 2 month break and just came back today), but when the update comes out, I'll probably be on for another 7 months straight again.

I agree about the impetience of of people and this update. They dont realize the massive overhaul it is for the game. The depth of all the mechanics change, the amount of new content they plan to add, it is a considerable amount of work. 

As for the comments on the tapes, I saw 4 Pamela tapes, and heard 3 people get Tommy tapes. 

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I agree about the impetience of of people and this update. They dont realize the massive overhaul it is for the game. The depth of all the mechanics change, the amount of new content they plan to add, it is a considerable amount of work. 

As for the comments on the tapes, I saw 4 Pamela tapes, and heard 3 people get Tommy tapes. 

I've had all the Pamela tapes for a while, only found about 4 Tommy tapes. They seem so much more rare then the Pamela tapes.

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Yeah, can't stand this......have helped to derail and shut down a couple of threads of these idiots who have been whining, and bitching that the update didn't drop when they wanted/expected it to, even though it has been stated numerous times no update was coming today. As soon as people saw April the earliest, and then attached their expectations to today like a bunch of fucking morons.

Just completed my annual pilgrimage to Blairstown, NJ in honor of the franchise. Had the honor of meeting up with Ari "Never Die" Lehman and Marky-Mark from Weird NJ. Yeah, bad ass! Had my favs signed but had to cut the trip short this year. Not going to make it to the showing tonight unfortunately but still, all worth it. Now, going to work out and then getting down on some serious slaying for the rest of the night. Wanna make the most of this double do weekend. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

Just completed my annual pilgrimage to Blairstown, NJ in honor of the franchise. Had the honor of meeting up with Ari "Never Die" Lehman and Marky-Mark from Weird NJ. Yeah, bad ass! Had my favs signed but had to cut the trip short this year. Not going to make it to the showing tonight unfortunately but still, all worth it.

Marky-Mark was there? That is pretty fucking cool. As well as Ari Lehman.

• Like 1

Just now, jameson87 said:

Marky-Mark was there? That is pretty fucking cool. As well as Ari Lehman.

Yeah, it was awesome! If you check out my page real fast, I posted a couple pics. Fooking bad ass! 

3 minutes ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

Yeah, it was awesome! If you check out my page real fast, I posted a couple pics. Fooking bad ass! 

What page?

8 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

What page?

If you go to my profile, I meant. I posted something about it and added a couple pics. I am going to add some more in a bit. Had a lot of fun.

I'm at work, and JJ's didn't deliver my food until after my break time so I will have to eat it later tonight. It's been iffy so far.

4 minutes ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

If you go to my profile, I meant. I posted something about it and added a couple pics. I am going to add some more in a bit. Had a lot of fun.

That is cool shit man.

Been at work all day, but I'm hoping to squeeze in a few rounds later if the wife let's me lol She doesn't work tomorrow so she isn't going to bed early and I usually play after she goes to bed. But she knows the importance of finding tapes lol

48 minutes ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

Just completed my annual pilgrimage to Blairstown, NJ in honor of the franchise. Had the honor of meeting up with Ari "Never Die" Lehman and Marky-Mark from Weird NJ. Yeah, bad ass! Had my favs signed but had to cut the trip short this year. Not going to make it to the showing tonight unfortunately but still, all worth it. Now, going to work out and then getting down on some serious slaying for the rest of the night. Wanna make the most of this double do weekend. 

That is truly awesome man! I was hoping to make the trip out for today, but big life opportunities came up the past few months and i had to take them. So cool you got to see them up there!

Lol @Hell Toupee. I was just trying to talk to my woman about those as well. She knew i had all of the Pamela tapes a while ago but i cant seem to buy a Tommy Tape. That is why I was so surprised to hear about 3 Tommy tapes being found by friends today.

• Like 1

Played one match tonight on PS4. Watched someone run the gas that I shuttled to the car off to never never land while I got morph killed standing by the gas tank with keys in hand. Battery was already in the car. 

Waited till the end. Turned off PS4. I'm waiting for the update. 

Played 4 matches after not touching the game in a month or so. 
1st match: 4 guys that were friends, the others were russians (including a kid), match starts and it was me against those friends (teaming with Jason), i don't even know how i survived being as rusty as i was.
2nd match i played as Jason and i faced a group that tried to kill me (failing miserably) and the Fox that was alive was running fast as fuck (not surprised since pc is full of hackers)
3rd and 4th matches against Uber Jason, yaaaay.

Boring experience and sad to see what happened to the game on pc. :sadchappa:

For people who expected the update today, don’t put all the blame on yourselves. You were misled by the community, mostly through YouTube, by content creators who passed their guesses off as fact. So, “Friday, April 13th HAS to mean SOMETHING, so it must be the update,” etc. It was something I wanted to believe too, but I always reminded viewers who came to my channel that these widespread guesses and rumors were never confirmed. And now today, everybody is getting all pissy-pants because they allowed themselves to believe the stuff they see.

About the only thing Gun could’ve done in this case is come here and CONFIRM that the update is NOT coming Friday the 13th, just to shut down the rumors. The refusal to confirm OR deny just creates more speculation, which I’m sure is good for the game. But at the same time, being intentionally coy when directly questioned about the update ultimately doesn’t do anyone any good in the long run. I agree with most reasonable people here that it’s better to wait for a better product than to get something that’s not ready just for the sake of getting it sooner.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JackTV said:

For people who expected the update today, don’t put all the blame on yourselves. You were misled by the community, mostly through YouTube, by content creators who passed their guesses off as fact. So, “Friday, April 13th HAS to mean SOMETHING, so it must be the update,” etc. It was something I wanted to believe too, but I always reminded viewers who came to my channel that these widespread guesses and rumors were never confirmed. And now today, everybody is getting all pissy-pants because they allowed themselves to believe the stuff they see.

About the only thing Gun could’ve done in this case is come here and CONFIRM that the update is NOT coming Friday the 13th, just to shut down the rumors. The refusal to confirm OR deny just creates more speculation, which I’m sure is good for the game. But at the same time, being intentionally coy when directly questioned about the update ultimately doesn’t do anyone any good in the long run. I agree with most reasonable people here that it’s better to wait for a better product than to get something that’s not ready just for the sake of getting it sooner.

I mean, I believe they should accept full blame for believing unverified rumors with no source to back up the claims. When I read something like that it takes all of 2-5 minutes to research and find that it was nothing but speculation based on people's expectations. Either way I agree that they definitely should not rush this update out, as it deals with updating an engine and all. If they rushed it out, it has the potential to cripple the game by introducing way more bugs and glitches than are present.

I plan on playing tonight on Xbox one probably 1130ish-3am eastern.  I usually just look for looking for group posts and do private matches.   Played a bit before 1pm today so I didnt get any of the double xp yet.   Hoping to find my first tape, even though I had this game since lauch lol. 

Been playing on & off since 3pm (est), where I've managed to level up 4 times and so far as a counselor I've found 1 Pamela tape, died 4 times, escaped 8 times, & killed Jason twice. As Jason I've only gotten in 3 matches (well technically 4, but in my first match as Jason I ended up killing the host first not  even 2 mins into the match and they rage quit) managing to get 16 out of 21 possible kills.

11 minutes ago, InsaneE said:

I plan on playing tonight on Xbox one probably 1130ish-3am eastern.  I usually just look for looking for group posts and do private matches.   Played a bit before 1pm today so I didnt get any of the double xp yet.   Hoping to find my first tape, even though I had this game since lauch lol. 

Yeah same.....not even 1 tape and have had since launch.

I can't believe some of you have had the game since launch and haven't found a single tape. I've been playing since August and have found all the Pamela tapes and 4 Tommy tapes.