TheHansonGoons

How was your April 13th Experience?

9 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I mean, I believe they should accept full blame for believing unverified rumors with no source to back up the claims. When I read something like that it takes all of 2-5 minutes to research and find that it was nothing but speculation based on people's expectations. Either way I agree that they definitely should not rush this update out, as it deals with updating an engine and all. If they rushed it out, it has the potential to cripple the game by introducing way more bugs and glitches than are present.

True, there’s no reason to believe something you can’t research. I get videos on my YouTube feed, complete with clickbait titles, and watch through them to see if there’s any proof or confirmation to their claims. I don’t find any, and soon realize they’re full of shit, and move on.

I suppose I’m just defending some folks who are interested in the game, but don’t have the time to research a whole lot. And as I said, to be fair, the devs could’ve easily put the rumors to rest by simply by coming here or going to Twitter and simply saying, “We heard all the same rumors you did, and no, there will be no update on Friday, April 13th.” Simple, and to the point. Don’t get it twisted, I’m on the devs’ side here. Just saying that there’s a lot that’s happened over the last few months that could’ve been put to rest a long time ago.

Just now, JackTV said:

True, there’s no reason to believe something you can’t research. I get videos on my YouTube feed, complete with clickbait titles, and watch through them to see if there’s any proof or confirmation to their claims. I don’t find any, and soon realize they’re full of shit, and move on.

I suppose I’m just defending some folks who are interested in the game, but don’t have the time to research a whole lot. And as I said, to be fair, the devs could’ve easily put the rumors to rest by simply by coming here or going to Twitter and simply saying, “We heard all the same rumors you did, and no, there will be no update on Friday, April 13th.” Simple, and to the point. Don’t get it twisted, I’m on the devs’ side here. Just saying that there’s a lot that’s happened over the last few months that could’ve been put to rest a long time ago.

I do agree the devs should have squashed the rumor quickly.....transparency has never been their strong suit. I don't pull punches on either side of the aisle though. The devs have made quite a few mess ups, and down right avoided being up front about many things. Like single player last summer, dedicated servers etc. I have definitely called them out and will continue to as well. They should have gotten ahead of the rumors a squashed them once they gained traction and took off. I guess they feared the gun pointed at them, but it wouldn't have been half as bad if they sucked it up and got out in front and did the damn thing.

• Like 1

Yeah, the developers really need to keep up with the community to keep tabs on rumors and whatnot to avoid this in the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Yeah, the developers really need to keep up with the community to keep tabs on rumors and whatnot to avoid this in the future.

Yeah some responsibility on both sides. Devs should squash shit like that when it hits, and people need to quit making expectations based solely off of speculation. Sadly this will never happen on either side I believe.

13 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I do agree the devs should have squashed the rumor quickly...

And that’s all I’m saying. In terms of the rumors, there’s a lot of blame to go around; players who don’t research, like you mentioned, content creators spreading false information, etc.

But the devs play a part in it too. While it’s true that they never claimed the update was coming April 13th, they never DENIED it when asked either, intentionally being cryptic with their answers or ignoring the question entirely. If it keeps people talking about the game, it’s hard to criticize the business strategy.

But I can’t entirely blame players who are upset, because the devs could’ve shot down the rumors any time they wanted to.

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah some responsibility on both sides. Devs should squash shit like that when it hits, and people need to quit making expectations based solely off of speculation. Sadly this will never happen on either side I believe.

Sad but true. I like to think the reason we haven't really been seeing much communication from the developers is because they're busy working on the next update, it is a huge update afterall. So hopefully after the update releases they'll be more in touch with us, but who knows. And that's what I was thinking, just put a stop to rumors on the spot.

• Thanks 1

Played a lot today, trying to get that level up and grind out them Pamela and Jarvis tapes. So far so good.

2 hours ago, jameson87 said:

As soon as people saw April the earliest, and then attached their expectations to today like a bunch of fucking morons.

Not necessarily expectations for me, but rather hopes when I saw there was going to be an April Friday the 13th on the horizon. I didn't get my hopes up too much so I wasn't really shocked when I found out no update. It's kinda status quo around here anyways so eh. *shrugs shoulders* Guess that still makes me a fucking moron though lol. 

@bewareofbears I watched a video of it on YouTube. It looks fun!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Not necessarily expectations for me, but rather hopes when I saw there was going to be an April Friday the 13th on the horizon. I didn't get my hopes up too much so I wasn't really shocked when I found out no update. It's kinda status quo around here anyways so eh. *shrugs shoulders* Guess that still makes me a fucking moron though lol. 

Nope, it was the other guys and how they all had melt downs. I did the same, hoped but not expected. Like you said...par for the course around here. But some of these people acted worse than my 3 year old daughter when they found out.

@bewareofbears any good?

• Thanks 1

first match: Spawned at the fuse house, Jason was Savini, a chad was helping Jason, i didn't last long.

Second match: Took the gas to the boat, an AJ was already putting in the propeller, escaped as a passenger for only the third time ever.

No tapes found.

@TheHansonGoons Well, after a 14 hr day and coming home to a sick kiddo and wife, I haven't turned on the TV, much less my comp or XBox. Really looking forward to this weekend. SLEEEEEP!!! 😴

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I am starting this topic to hear how everyone's experience was when playing on 4/13/18(13/4/18). 

I played today from about 10:30am to 7:15 pm approximately. I hosted private matches for a decent bit of the afternoon. Had about 3 dashboards throughout the span of gametime. Not too bad. Had 2 legit kills, about 3 or 4 others come real close but messed up somewhere. 

My biggest gripe was how hard it was to fill lobbies. Definitely noticed a lot of club members playing other games. Most games I played never totally filled and had about 7 members. Sent out a few posts. Hundreds of invites. Most people only played for a game or two.

Played in one dumb lobby where people were setting rules about spawn killing. Real weak. They tried to say you cant kill until you have shift, unless they are carrying a part. I cant believe people still cry about that this far in. 

I noticed a lot of people saying they hadnt played in months and felt rusty. Also, i wqs surprised to see how many people complained about there not being an update. For some reason everyone was expecting one, even though it had been made clear there wouldnt be one today. 

What were your experiences? Did you even bother to play?

Terrible ,controller wouldn't even start up to play .I was really wanting to play with you guys!!!!!

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That is truly awesome man! I was hoping to make the trip out for today, but big life opportunities came up the past few months and i had to take them. So cool you got to see them up there!

Lol @Hell Toupee. I was just trying to talk to my woman about those as well. She knew i had all of the Pamela tapes a while ago but i cant seem to buy a Tommy Tape. That is why I was so surprised to hear about 3 Tommy tapes being found by friends today.

You have to do it some time. It was awesome and a lot of fun. Great way to spend a f13 for sure! 

12 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@jameson87

It’s fun enough for a puzzle game. I have no complaints (yet). :)

There isn't a thread about this game? Seems there would have been one. Is it a free game?

10 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

There isn't a thread about this game? Seems there would have been one. Is it a free game?

It’s “free”. Supported by ads and has many in-app purchases. For what is there without purchasing anything, it’s a decent amount of gameplay for a puzzle app.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I am starting this topic to hear how everyone's experience was when playing on 4/13/18(13/4/18). 

I played today from about 10:30am to 7:15 pm approximately. I hosted private matches for a decent bit of the afternoon. Had about 3 dashboards throughout the span of gametime. Not too bad. Had 2 legit kills, about 3 or 4 others come real close but messed up somewhere. 

My biggest gripe was how hard it was to fill lobbies. Definitely noticed a lot of club members playing other games. Most games I played never totally filled and had about 7 members. Sent out a few posts. Hundreds of invites. Most people only played for a game or two.

Played in one dumb lobby where people were setting rules about spawn killing. Real weak. They tried to say you cant kill until you have shift, unless they are carrying a part. I cant believe people still cry about that this far in. 

I noticed a lot of people saying they hadnt played in months and felt rusty. Also, i wqs surprised to see how many people complained about there not being an update. For some reason everyone was expecting one, even though it had been made clear there wouldnt be one today. 

What were your experiences? Did you even bother to play?

Bad, because I didn't get to play today :/

Nearly died as Jason after getting interaction locked and no tapes. Most of the games weren't too bad otherwise. Only one host rage quit.

5 games in QP, 3 Jason kills, a lot of objectives were always fixed - seems the magical date dragged out a lot of veterans who knew what to do. 👍🏻

• Like 1

@TheHansonGoons I definitely wish I had gotten more games in with everyone. I was tired as fuck by the time I got home from work, so I only played a couple hours. It was fun playing with you guys. It was a nice change of pace from my usual qp matches lol

Thank you to everyone who hopped on yesterday. Proves that we still have the numbers, we're just all waiting on the update. I'll probably play a little more this weekend. I want to get the rest of the damn Tommy tapes...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Played Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle, became available for everyone today.

I did the same thing.

• Like 1