Azmodan_Rising

Meet & Greet with the origonal O'G Ari "Never Die" Lehman and Marky-Mark from Weird NJ.

Just completed my annual pilgrimage to Blairstown, NJ in honor of the franchise. Had the honor of meeting up with Ari "Never Die" Lehman and Marky-Mark from Weird NJ. Yeah, bad ass! Had my favs signed but had to cut the trip short this year. Not going to make it to the showing tonight unfortunately but still, all worth it.

2018-04-13 18.31.30.jpg

Not to be disrespectful to Ari, but I feel he acts a little arrogant about being the first Jason in the franchise. Yeah, his role is important to the lore of the series but he never played an adult Jason like Kane and the other guys who did. All he is remembered for is splashing around in the lake and being Pamela's motivation for kicking off the family tradition of butchering campers. You can't say that he is absolutely critical in the franchise because they didn't even need to show Jason as a kid. They just needed to tell his story, and they still would have been able to make the series without Ari even being casted for the role.

Some cool shit man. Wish I could have, unfortunately in Tennessee and getting ready to head out of town for work, in the opposite direction.

It may have been a vibe I got from watching him speak on a F13 box set Q&A. I'm sure he is overall a nice guy.

6 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

It may have been a vibe I got from watching him speak on a F13 box set Q&A. I'm sure he is overall a nice guy.

I met Ari in 2012 or 13 at Texas Frightmare Weekend. He was actually a pretty laid back dude. I mean, he's proud of being the first Jason (Who wouldn't be?), but he's really easy to talk to. I think the vibe you got was maybe his "rock star" persona from playing in the band. It's not really indicative of a person's true personality usually. I played in a heavy metal band for 8 years, and I was a much different person with drumsticks in my hand than I am normally.

He took his little bit of fame as a child and turned it into a career. All I can say is kudos to the guy, he knew how to market his small role in that "small indie film". Really though, he is a very cool person. Not arrogant or rude in any way.

• Like 1