• Devil Pitchfork (Savini)
    • Double Bite Axe (pt. 9)
    • Fire Axe (pt. 8)
    • Machete (pt. 7)
    • Pig Splitter (pt. 4)
    • Sheers (pt. 5)
    • Spear (pt. 6)
    • Pick axe (pt. 2)

I can't wait to see how overpowered Savini becomes once he uses a good weapon and can actually take advantage of weapon strength. Now that I think on it, my considering Savini's pitchfork to not be the worst weapon may be because I've been associating his weapon strength with it. Who cares if the weapon is clunky if it still hits hard?

4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@JennyMyers1984 We are not discussing weapon kills but weapon performance. In which case Pig Splitter and Fire Axe are #1 due to longest range and no issues with destructibles, Machete and Shears #2 for less range but consistent hit detection, Axes #3 for generally good short-range performance and Spear #4 for long-range performance with learning curve. Pitchfork is worst and most eligible for deletion, as it cannot even manage the same attacks as Spear against destructibles.

Sorry about that. If we’re saying strictly weapon preformance, than the pig splitter and fire axe are the best ones no doubt. I actually hate the button prompt to smash a window because it leaves you open to a window stun and I never use the button prompt unless I have to, I’ll smash it in combat mode. The spear does not allow you to do that 80% of the time. The only saving grace about the spear is the reach and the that in combat stance you rarely get it stuck in the door. The axes and pickaxes are TERRIBLE for getting the weapon stuck in the door. Who even thought of that mechanic in the game? The shears are kind of like the machete when it comes to performance.

13 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

The only saving grace about the spear is the reach and the that in combat stance you rarely get it stuck in the door. The axes and pickaxes are TERRIBLE for getting the weapon stuck in the door. Who even thought of that mechanic in the game? The shears are kind of like the machete when it comes to performance.

Well heavy attack is the only one that can bypass Spear getting stuck in the door, as in the video I showed even near-perfect precision with light attack can get Spear stuck. All axes are fine with light attack but heavy overhead can hit the door frame and get stuck (except for pick axe which is always fine on doors but can get stuck on open windows). 

Shears are just like the machete in my experience, I see no difference, same range and same consistent performance (which is good). But yeah weapons getting stuck is a shit sandwhich, it is an absolutely unnecessary mechanic that needs immediate removal. It is just one of the things that makes the counselor experience superior because it is something they never need to deal with.

I'm definitely going to be mostly using the machete, pig splitter and shears when the update hits. It's a good thing they gave the better weapons DLC, means they have more good kills than most of the crappy weapons. I've largely avoided playing Savini because of his weapon, not because it sucks but because I don't care for the kills. Now I can get good kills while playing him and perform better as a bonus.

I've felt like I really didn't like the spear from the start, due to its forward/overhead only attack. it makes harder to hit people and it feels like it hits off center, making it hard to hit someone just simply standing in front of you sometimes. If you run around pt 6's left hand side in a circle while close to him he most likely will have a very hard time hitting you. As jason the game tends to lock on to your target for you even out of CS so you cannot swing in front of them making the swing a hopeless waste of time. Even if you manage to hit someone it wont hurt that much considering hitting them twice is even harder unless you are in a hallway, that and you need to account the high chance of medspray use. The spear can be a good weapon to take down doors safely but only if you are lucky enough to get a thrust animation over and over. Breaking the door with the prompt and spear just looks goofy. I feel like opening a door with the spear Is a real pain and gets very annoying, takes forever and is very tedious when you need to do it over and over.

I tend to feel as of now that the pitchfork/trident is an upgrade due to its wider head and +damage band-aid. I feel it's wonderful for taking down doors as it ensures safety and you can open doors quickly unless you get it stuck on the overhead lamp or roof somehow. The wider head makes the weapon hit on-point again and makes circling a technically harder tactic. It covers hallways well too.

All in all I say jason needs to be able to choose which way he swings somehow, because that 100% DOES matter 100% of the time. I hate jason flinging himself at a counselor with a machete and missing because he was up close when the person circled around.

I also think that weapon swing combos should be a thing for him to defensively fight groups with, if he is a maniac flailing his weapon around everywhere it makes him hard to hit. If he can human lawnmower with a very wide angle then that makes ganging up on him a real challenge, his weakness would be his backside and his backside only. In a way that would create a fair minigame where you and your friends try to tag his backside, or you mow down people while protecting your back. He should just move slower while swinging. If this could be managed without looking goofy I would love it, especially with pt 4 since he is there to chop, maim, maul and kill.

Maybe do this by just holding attack? It would make a AOE where no one could enter it and have enough time to hit jason, but not as much for them to not have the lesser chance to run out of the stunlock like current swing stunlocks can do. For polearm jasons you would get a type of defensive stance where he auto thrust attacks towards them with nigh-unavoidable speed and precision and can move at slow walk speed, wouldn't it be scary seeing a jason coming down the hallway in that stance like that?

10 minutes ago, BLOODYFISHTACO said:

I tend to feel as of now that the pitchfork/trident is an upgrade due to its wider head and +damage band-aid. I feel it's wonderful for taking down doors as it ensures safety and you can open doors quickly unless you get it stuck on the overhead lamp or roof somehow. The wider head makes the weapon hit on-point again and makes circling a technically harder tactic. It covers hallways well too.

It’s really not. Try it out yourself in offline, try to break down a door with light attack (overhead) and I bet you won’t be able to. It simply gets the trident stuck. Heavy attack / forward thrust is too close to avoid getting hit, you basically need to be hugging the door to even break it down and for safety you must time the swings inbetween the counselor hits.

With windows, you can never perform light attack on them at a distance, only close range (which defeats the purpose of bypassing prompt) and heavy forward thrust cannot even break the window (just gets stuck).

With long-range weapons you should definitely use combat stance for aim assist, and also have your timing down. It can work and is actually very good for chasing down counselors.

I use the pitchfork quite a bit and have a good feel for it. You must always use heavy attack on doors with the pitchfork. That and I didn't think anyone could hit you back through the door at that range because it seems pretty far away. Even if they could hit back through the door, it's still safer than the prompt and maybe even faster at breaking doors than any of the other weapons. If they swing at you and miss you can come in for a free counter attack. The pitchfork seems pretty much like an copy/paste of the spear in terms of range animation and feel excluding the head difference. Safer then using a one handed weapon door break prompt at least.

As far as windows, it's usually safer just to use the prompt in dire situations. With the CS aim assist on a spear thrust will usually miss a person close and circling around you due to the spear being off-center and slowed auto target. The trident is better when it comes down to it because of the +damage the owner has and the wider head. I use the circling around method against part 6 a lot when I know he wants to just swing and I want to get that cheap shot in on him. You are right about the timing being the game changer with that weapon though. That plus correct ranged positioning makes it workable but horrible at close range. Everything else combat-wise is much better than the two hands down though. Everyone's experiences with each weapon are all different as much as each person is, This is all just how I feel about these two based on my experiences

On 4/13/2018 at 4:50 PM, AdmiralJT said:

I vote spear.

I don't have Savini so I can't attest to the effectiveness of the pitchfork, but the spear is for me nearly useless. I think the only counselors I've killed with it were AFK.

The Trident is absolute GARBAGE!!! Do you like your weapon getting stuck on everything? Even the air? Then the Trident is for you!

The spear sucks for a few reasons but I also think it has some of the lamer deaths attached to it.

Part VI being my favorite film in the series I have a LOT of time with the spear and many an animosity and vitriol. All I know is as soon as that update drops, the Machete is NEVER leaving Part VI's hand. Er, gloved hand that is.

I think this is the first time I agree with most people in a poll.  I hate the spear.  Aside from its lack of damage and strange hit detection, most of the animations for the weapon kills with the spear take way too long.  The only one I really use is the one where he knocks the counselor down and simply shoves the spear through their face nailing their head to the ground.  

• Like 1

RIP Jason Spear. I am guessing I will no longer see this weapon after today. ?

• Like 1

The pitchfork would be winning this poll by the landslide if everyone got to experience it.

SPEAR/TRIDENT, Because, Who the "F" has this weapon and performs an overhead attack. RETARDED!!!!!!! Main attack should be Thrust, Side (Waist high) slash, Or a Diagonal (Torso) Shash, period.

1 minute ago, LordxSesshomaru said:

Oh. Worst weapon is spear and Trident.

I'll be using the machete, pig cleaver and part 8 Axe from now on.

I know the sheers look silly, but they are really fast when it comes to knocking a door down. I am interested to see what happens if this is combined with destruction.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

I know the sheers look silly, but they are really fast when it comes to knocking a door down. I am interested to see what happens if this is combined with destruction.

Im not a fan of the Shears. Nor part 2 or 3's weapon. Its 7, 8, 9 and 4 for me in terms of weapon, and nine is barely in there. 

Just now, LordxSesshomaru said:

Im not a fan of the Shears. Nor part 2 or 3's weapon. Its 7, 8, 9 and 4 for me in terms of weapon, and nine is barely in there. 

Not many people are. They look silly, and the kills aren't all the great. I am looking forward though to testing different weapons with different Jasons. 

Sheers for Savini

Machete for part 6

Pig Sp litter for number 8

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Not many people are. They look silly, and the kills aren't all the great. I am looking forward though to testing different weapons with different Jasons. 

Sheers for Savini

Machete for part 6

Pig Sp litter for number 8

I cant wait to use part 8 axe as Savini and throw an axe at peoples foreheads. 

I don’t personally like that 3 Jason’s all have axes but only one has the machete. The spear was not used for long in 6 and I’d rather see a butcher knife because the context kill you can do in the cabins with it is pretty gnarley. Would love to see more smaller weapons as well as some inventiveness without taking movies into consideration. Like more farm weapons and I’d like to see Jason pick up a set bear trap and slam it onto someone’s head lol... 

I can't decide which one I like the least...
The pickaxe has the worst kills, the spear is awful for melee (love the kills, though) and the shears look awful intact.

Personally, I'll most likely drop the shears and the pickaxe.