Jump to content

Worst Weapon in the Game  

128 members have voted

  1. 1. What is the absolute worst weapon for Jason

    • Axe (pt. 3)
      3
    • Devil Pitchfork (Savini)
      18
    • Double Bite Axe (pt. 9)
      5
    • Fire Axe (pt. 8)
      0
    • Machete (pt. 7)
      2
    • Pig Splitter (pt. 4)
      3
    • Sheers (pt. 5)
      28
    • Spear (pt. 6)
      63
    • Pick axe (pt. 2)
      6


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

No not heavy attack, light attack. You are probably thinking that since heavy is overhead for all other weapons. While it can break windows it is not reliable, you can wander around a map and test it out and I’m positive you’ll run into issues with it. It really depends on the cabin itself. 

Plus light attack will fail with doors too if for example there is a lamp above the door which it will hit instead. Sometimes depending on what terrain the cabin is sitting on, it may be difficult anyway. An angled / diagonal heavy hit is more consistent for the doors with the Spear.

Ohhhh, Yeah, that’s right thanks for correcting me I didn't know that. I meant using heavy attack on doors, makes him immune to being stunned, unless they use a flare gun. And I mean to say heavy attack for windows and light attack for doors. I’ll try and upload a video, showing me breaking doors with heavy attack, and using light attack breaking windows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Ohhhh, Yeah, that’s right thanks for correcting me I didn't know that. I meant using heavy attack on doors, makes him immune to being stunned, unless they use a flare gun. And I mean to say heavy attack for windows and light attack for doors. I’ll try and upload a video, showing me breaking doors with heavy attack, and using light attack breaking windows. 

Yeah I know what you mean, it’s the big overhead swing (light) for windows at a distance, and the forward thrust (heavy) for doors at an angle. You can do big overhead for doors too but may run into issues sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Pitchfork performs the same as Spear in my experience. Both are able to break windows, but light attack / big overhead must be used at a distance, as the heavy attack will never break them. Having said that, it very much depends on the cabin / window height and it can be a chore. Both weapons are as unreliable as each other and will result in a lot of whiffs / stuck animations. 

Problems with destructibles is why the devs rely on prompts / canned animations, even though are not good for gameplay. Because the maps are actually poorly designed for Jason and didn’t account for how he would interact with everything. So the prompts are just a bandaid with negative impacts (lack of fluidity / poor character control).

The absolute worst mechanic is the weapon getting stuck though, it’s just cancer. That’s definitely something the game could 100% do without. Not fun at all and certainly not necessary.

Amen to that. They really should ditch that mechanic. Jason has it bad enough already, his weapon getting stuck is infuriating at times. Seems to happen more often in laggy rooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Reyezblood 03 This is how I do it with Spear, also showing both variations of door breaking. Light attack twice (stuck both times), then angled heavy at the end. To use this weapon requires good judgement of distance and angle otherwise lots of issues occur.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@Reyezblood 03 This is how I do it with Spear, also showing both variations of door breaking. Light attack twice (stuck both times), then angled heavy at the end. To use this weapon requires good judgement of distance and angle otherwise lots of issues occur.

 

Thank you for uploading this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

No. What's wrong with it?

I was just joking, it’s one of the best weapons in the game! Well, after the gardening sheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

With weapon swapping becoming a thing soon, I am curious as to what weapon will disappear from online matches. I personally think the spear will disappear. It has the worst hit detection based on how it's swung. What are some other peoples thoughts? 

That's funny cause this is exactly what I was thinking when I voted for it as worst weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's either the Spear or Pickaxe, both have bad hit detection imo. And, they just are clunky to use in combat.

I avoid using those two weapons as much as i can, can't stand them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I choose the pitchfork, mainly based on its kills. Don't get me wrong, I like the pitchfork, but in comparison to the others the kills feel lacking. It was either that or the axe.

I personally really like the spear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they fix the hit boxes of environmental objects and Jason's weapon, and the way he swings his weapons, it would be one less irritating thing in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 11:56 PM, Tommy86 said:

@Reyezblood 03 This is how I do it with Spear, also showing both variations of door breaking. Light attack twice (stuck both times), then angled heavy at the end. To use this weapon requires good judgement of distance and angle otherwise lots of issues occur.

 

Yeah. The spear has a learning curve. Works fine once you got it down. The slowness of it is the major downside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Yeah. The spear has a learning curve. Works fine once you got it down. The slowness of it is the major downside.

Agree it definitely has a learning curve. Against counselors you must use light attack in combat stance because its low speed is likely to make you whiff. Heavy (forward thrust) is good for close range but unusable otherwise. It is the optimal attack for doors however as light attack typically gets stuck even with near-perfect precision like in the video.

”Stuck” mechanic needs to be completely removed, it is total dogshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really like the spear, despite the fact it's obviously tied with the pitchfork for worst weapon in terms of metagaming (gets stuck on everything if you can't jud ge the distance). I'm hoping that's one of the big things that can be fixed with the game engine update; the spear has great potential to utilize attacks which can strike/knockback multiple counselors at once. Considering, ofc, the devs finally fix the issue with Jason not having any real way to deal with mobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I actually really like the spear, despite the fact it's obviously tied with the pitchfork for worst weapon in terms of metagaming (gets stuck on everything if you can't jud ge the distance). I'm hoping that's one of the big things that can be fixed with the game engine update; the spear has great potential to utilize attacks which can strike/knockback multiple counselors at once. Considering, ofc, the devs finally fix the issue with Jason not having any real way to deal with mobs.

Actually after some testing I am changing my vote to pitchfork for worst weapon. Absolutely 100%. Neither light attack nor heavy work for windows at a distance (which is what you need to avoid hits), and only heavy works for doors. I barely ever play J6 or Savini so I just assumed the same performance for their weapons, but the Spear is very clearly much better. Pitchfork is vomit-tier weapon, it gets stuck in everything and actually has less range than the Spear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Part 9 has the worst weapon. The range is hilariously bad, I've seen people struggle to slash crippled Tommy players to death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I still think Part 9 has the worst weapon. The range is hilariously bad, I've seen people struggle to slash crippled Tommy players to death.

Part 9 is either the same or about the same as Part 3 Axe isn’t it? In which case I consider it a pretty balanced weapon. It can have some trouble with open windows but for the most part it works fine. You also get clean no-rebound hits on doors due to the shorter (but not pickaxe short) range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best to worst:

1. Pig Splitter

2. Machete

3. Fire Axe

4. Axe

5. Pickaxe

6. Battle Axe

7. Shears

8. Spear

9. Pitchfork

The pig spliiter and machete have the best kills hands down. The fire axe has cool kills as well and while I don’t care for the regular axe weapon kills, it’s hit detection is one of the best choices. I feel like I’m one of the only people who do not like the battle axe weapon kills. The “How To Peel A Coconut” kill is one of my least favorite weapon kills, I hate the long drawn out kills. The battle axe also has the worst weapon kills out of all of the weapons. The spear is garbage for hit detection but has one of the best weapon kills as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JennyMyers1984 We are not discussing weapon kills but weapon performance. In which case Pig Splitter and Fire Axe are #1 due to long range and no issues with destructibles, Machete and Shears #2 for less range but consistent hit detection, Axes #3 for generally good short-range performance and Spear #4 for longest-range performance with learning curve. Pitchfork is worst and most eligible for deletion, as it cannot even manage the same attacks as Spear against destructibles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Actually after some testing I am changing my vote to pitchfork for worst weapon. Absolutely 100%. Neither light attack nor heavy work for windows at a distance (which is what you need to avoid hits), and only heavy works for doors. I barely ever play J6 or Savini so I just assumed the same performance for their weapons, but the Spear is very clearly much better. Pitchfork is vomit-tier weapon, it gets stuck in everything and actually has less range than the Spear.

Yep, this is 100% true. I play Savini, a lot in Offline and I noticed that the range is ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...