• Devil Pitchfork (Savini)
    • Double Bite Axe (pt. 9)
    • Fire Axe (pt. 8)
    • Machete (pt. 7)
    • Pig Splitter (pt. 4)
    • Sheers (pt. 5)
    • Spear (pt. 6)
    • Pick axe (pt. 2)

Pick axe for me. Feels and looks clunky, plus I feel he should have had the reverse blade machete or pitchfork. He only used the pick axe in the movie for the last couple of minutes.

Edit: I am still holding out for the spear gun, weed wacker, and hacksaw as well @JasonLives86

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

He only used the pick axe in the movie for the last couple of minutes.

But those were the best couple of minutes of the film.

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

But those were the best couple of minutes of the film.

While intense, just not as memorable for me as all the other two, because it was so short lived.

46 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Speargun/crossbow leaked awhile back in that video that leaked Victoria, the pjs, kills etc. Looks like it’s gonna be for single player challenges though.

The fence post/spear is my least favorite, so I won't miss it at all when swapping weapons. Garden shears can go too.

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

While intense, just not as memorable for me as all the other two, because it was so short lived.

I don't even think Jason ever killed anyone with the pick. He just carried it to break down his own door, and cut Ginny's leg.

1 minute ago, Flyin_J said:

I don't even think Jason ever killed anyone with the pick. He just carried it to break down his own door, and cut Ginny's leg.

Bingo!

3 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

The spear and pitchfork both play bad. 

The shears look stupid. 

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I cannot wait to use Savini Jason with an axe or machete.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

He also used it to deflect the blow from the machete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doitagain said:

Speargun/crossbow leaked awhile back in that video that leaked Victoria, the pjs, kills etc. Looks like it’s gonna be for single player challenges though.

Dang it, well if it is for single player challenges, at least we'll get it at all, hopefully.

I only play Part 6 and can attest that his fence spear is as useless as a dog turd resting on Chad's head.

22 minutes ago, Avanious said:

I only play Part 6 and can attest that his fence spear is as useless as a dog turd resting on Chad's head.

At least a turd on Chad's head has some entertainment value.

• Like 2

Spear, which is why I cant wait for weapon swapping. Whenever I play six i mostly rely on throwing knives to do damage. 

Fire Axe since it always gets caught hitting the top of doors when using combat stance to break doors. The spear at least keeps you from getting stunned through the door if you combat stance from max distance.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Fire Axe since it always gets caught hitting the top of doors when using combat stance to break doors. The spear at least keeps you from getting stunned through the door if you combat stance from max distance.

Don’t heavy hit the doors in combat stance, use light attack. This is the proper method -

F13 - Goodbye to Door Combat

Fire Axe and Pig Splitter are the best weapons as they have the longest range (other than Spear) and don’t have issues with destructibles.

Spear is good when chasing down counselors due to huge range, but it is a cumbersome weapon and prone to a lot of issues. Amazingly, it can even hit the ground in open space not to mention getting easily stuck on the environment. Overall it is definitely the worst.

Pick axe is next in line as it has too short of a range and the overhead will often fail at breaking an open window in combat stance (never use prompt if counselor is in vicinity, equals a stun).

The weapon swapping is by far the best update coming up, so I can equip Fire Axe on everyone and call it a day. No more weird looking Shears or Battle Axe will be nice too.

From a mechanic perspective the pitchfork is the worst. The spear can at least break windows and avoid the prompt by staying further back. The pitchfork will not allow it as it will get stuck. So your almost regulated to using the prompt if your goal is to break windows quickly and freely from the animation.

The shears looks absolutely silly. But it has the same swing mechanics as the machete and some of the faster executions with it. So its a good alternative. 

1 hour ago, Avanious said:

I'd pay $20 to see a dog turd on Chad's head. I wouldn't give $.05 for that piece of shit spear if I was planning a killing spree. So, I consider Chad's turd smeared head to be much more valuable than the spear. I can't comment on the Savini's pitchfork, because I don't have him.

I do look forward to using the machete with Ol' Baghead and Part VI Jason. It just feels...right.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Loading said:

From a mechanic perspective the pitchfork is the worst. The spear can at least break windows and avoid the prompt by staying further back. The pitchfork will not allow it as it will get stuck. So your almost regulated to using the prompt if your goal is to break windows quickly and freely from the animation.

Pitchfork performs the same as Spear in my experience. Both are able to break windows, but light attack / big overhead must be used at a distance, as the heavy attack will never break them. Having said that, it very much depends on the cabin / window height and it can be a chore. Both weapons are as unreliable as each other and will result in a lot of whiffs / stuck animations. 

Problems with destructibles is why the devs rely on prompts / canned animations, even though are not good for gameplay. Because the maps are actually poorly designed for Jason and didn’t account for how he would interact with everything. So the prompts are just a bandaid with negative impacts (lack of fluidity / poor character control).

The absolute worst mechanic is the weapon getting stuck though, it’s just cancer. That’s definitely something the game could 100% do without. Not fun at all and certainly not necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Don’t heavy hit the doors in combat stance, use light attack. This is the proper method -

F13 - Goodbye to Door Combat

Fire Axe and Pig Splitter are the best weapons as they have the longest range (other than Spear) and don’t have issues with destructibles.

Spear is good when chasing down counselors due to huge range, but it is a cumbersome weapon and prone to a lot of issues. Amazingly, it can even hit the ground in open space not to mention getting easily stuck on the environment. Overall it is definitely the worst.

Pick axe is next in line as it has too short of a range and the overhead will often fail at breaking an open window in combat stance (never use prompt if counselor is in vicinity, equals a stun).

The weapon swapping is by far the best update coming up, so I can equip Fire Axe on everyone and call it a day. No more weird looking Shears or Battle Axe will be nice too.

What kind of madman wouldn't want to use the shears? I'm putting those bad boys on Savini Jason.

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

What kind of madman wouldn't want to use the shears? I'm putting those bad boys on Savini Jason.

:lol:

Well the weapon itself performs fine, just looks goofy to me. But each to their own!

7 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

With weapon swapping becoming a thing soon, I am curious as to what weapon will disappear from online matches. I personally think the spear will disappear. It has the worst hit detection based on how it's swung. What are some other peoples thoughts? 

Savini’s, pitch fork. Not because I’m hating on him but I’m hating on his weapon because it’s performance sucks. 

7 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Since I don't have Savini to judge for myself.  I've got to go with the spear.  It has some cool kills, but the hit detection for slashing is horrendous!

Spear, is really good. The range makes him immune to door hitting. And he can reliably break windows with a heavy attack. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

:lol:

Well the weapon itself performs fine, just looks goofy to me. But each to their own!

Oh, yeah. The sheers are one of the best performing weapons in the game! I’m totally putting it on Savini, for sure!

13 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Same, me too! The sheers is the most bad ass looking weapon!

8 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Spear, is really good. The range makes him immune to door hitting. And he can reliably break windows with a heavy attack. 

No not heavy attack, light attack. You are probably thinking that since heavy is overhead for all other weapons. While it can break windows it is not reliable, you can wander around a map and test it out and I’m positive you’ll run into issues with it. It really depends on the cabin itself. 

Plus light attack will fail with doors too if for example there is a lamp above the door which it will hit instead. Sometimes depending on what terrain the cabin is sitting on, it may be difficult anyway. An angled / diagonal heavy hit is more consistent for the doors with the Spear.