• Devil Pitchfork (Savini)
    • Double Bite Axe (pt. 9)
    • Fire Axe (pt. 8)
    • Machete (pt. 7)
    • Pig Splitter (pt. 4)
    • Sheers (pt. 5)
    • Spear (pt. 6)
    • Pick axe (pt. 2)

With weapon swapping becoming a thing soon, I am curious as to what weapon will disappear from online matches. I personally think the spear will disappear. It has the worst hit detection based on how it's swung. What are some other peoples thoughts? 

• Thanks 1

I vote spear.

I don't have Savini so I can't attest to the effectiveness of the pitchfork, but the spear is for me nearly useless. I think the only counselors I've killed with it were AFK.

Since I don't have Savini to judge for myself.  I've got to go with the spear.  It has some cool kills, but the hit detection for slashing is horrendous!

I like the Savini pitchfork. Combat stance door smashing is great with it. Don't remember feeling the same with the spear, but I don't play as part 6 too often. I do remember the slashing being horrendous though.

Just now, Risinggrave said:

The spear and pitchfork both play bad. 

The shears look stupid. 

LOL. The shears do look pretty dumb when breaking down doors. It also cracks me up when Roy is able to cut off the limbs in one slice. At least the hit detection isn't as bad as the spear though. I can't wait to match pt 6 with any other weapon.

1 minute ago, JasonLives86 said:

I hear a lot of hate for the spear and shears. Personally, I'm fine with them myself.

I understand the hate for the spear cause of the horrible hit detection but the shears are awesome! I do wish they had made unique attack animations for the shears though since they’re basically a copy&paste of the machete.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

LOL. The shears do look pretty dumb when breaking down doors. It also cracks me up when Roy is able to cut off the limbs in one slice. At least the hit detection isn't as bad as the spear though. I can't wait to match pt 6 with any other weapon.

I'm thinking 6 will get the machete. 

1 minute ago, doitagain said:

I understand the hate for the spear cause of the horrible hit detection but the shears are awesome! I do wish they had made unique attack animations for the shears though since they’re basically a copy&paste of the machete.

Yes, I agree. Maybe a stabbing motion, or a snip.

4 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I dunno if its a problem with hit detection.

The range and the animation don't always sync up so what may look like a hit from the animation may very well just be "out of range" according to the game.

4 minutes ago, Peelman said:

I like the Savini pitchfork. Combat stance door smashing is great with it. Don't remember feeling the same with the spear, but I don't play as part 6 too often. I do remember the slashing being horrendous though.

The biggest issue with the spear is how slow it is to slash with. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but to me it seems like the shears slashing speed when breaking down a door is faster than pretty much every other Jason weapon in the game.

Comrades, we all know the shears will be thrown into the trash can once this update comes out. Yeah, some will play around with it on other Jasons to see how it looks with them, but once that's all done, it's all machete up in here.

2 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

Comrades, we all know the shears will be thrown into the trash can once this update comes out. Yeah, some will play around with it on other Jasons to see how it looks with them, but once that's all done, it's all machete up in here.

I wouldn't doubt that a bit. Heck, I'm giving my part 5 and part 6 a machete! :lol:

7 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

How it should be tbh.

I don't own Savini but I have gotten to use him. I can attest and say that the Devil's pitchfork is horrible, even with +Destruction. Part 6's spear is almost as bad, but it doesn't seem to get stuck as often. The pitchfork gets stuck on everything.

I'd have to go with the spear and pitchfork. Both weapons have the same slash animation and you can't hit shit with either of them.

Plus, the kills aren't that great.

The spear and pitchfork. It is hard to hit counselors with the pitchfork and it gets stuck on everything. The kills are awesome though.