If you're like me, you had immense disappointment when Roy Burns came out. The fact he spawns at the shack, Pamela calls him Jason, Pamela Talks to him, and Abilities. But I Have an Idea.

{Roy Challenge Character}
One Idea I've had is make Roy a Challenge to play as. The Idea is to Remove the Abilities. It gives High Rank players a chance to show their dominance, or just give people the Opportunity to challenge themselves against Friends or Offline Bots. 

{Roy Changes}
I've had this Idea for a while, have Roy spawn next to something (We'll talk about that something next topic.) and Get rid of Pamela talking to him. The Roy leaving the Camp screen is perfect. Also, Remove kills from Roy such as Head Punch, as he is just an ordinary human. Also I think Roy dying when he gets shot is a bit much, but  If you like my other idea of Roy being a challenge, Go for it. This leads to Another Question, How do we kill the Roy-Man Himself. 

{How to Kill Roy} Now this Idea has been sitting in my mind and I have to let it out. Make Roy spawn in an empty space where a Shack would be, Make there be a big log there with a Chocolate Bar, Due to his son Joey loving chocolate. Take off Roys mask to knock him into reality and let any character use the Chocolate Bar and Tommy man would kill Him like always, Also this is a long shot, but how about make Joey talk to Roy Royhees. Hopefully you guys see this- Uncle Roy

• Like 2

This might take it too far. Maybe instead of morph, he has tunnels that counselors can't have access too? Or shift is replaced by a dead sprint, maybe 15 speed? It is a cool idea, but I doubt this will come true. And dont forget to post an introduction thread.

@UncleRoy Quick... before everyone else see this is your first post... you should make a post in introductions..... Welcome to the forums!!

It is said that how Roy is done in this game is a bit off.... but for now at least, it is what it is. There have been a few other threads about this as well... you can find them and check them out with the search option.

I hope that they eventually change the fact that Pamela talks to Roy... Joey just makes more sense for Roy.... even though Roy thinks he is Jason, he would not know very much about Jason... just what he read in the paper.... unless he is really Pamela's brother... you never know... it could be, couldn't it?.... He could even be Jason's brother... or half brother... it would explain a lot. Perhaps he was born a year or two after Jason drowned. His father George disliked Pamela complaining about his cigars and figured out she was a crazy lady... left her and won the custody battle.
    Using the sweater to kill Roy always seemed a bit off as well, perhaps they have plans to change how Roy is killed in game... but they never tell us much about what they are working on until it drops... a few teasers here and there, but not a lot of real info until we get the patch notes.
    With your idea about the log and chocolate bar... you could add in Joey's sweater. Shelly would kind of look like Joey with the sweater on... maybe close enough to fool our boy Roy, who is obviously as grief stricken as Pamela was. This changes up the kill without changing the mechanics a whole lot.... but something unique would be better I think. Just fighting and killing him with weapons would be way to easy for the veteran battle Chads that roam through these woods.

If they removed the abilities from Roy with how the game is right now... he would be useless. The cops would be called and at least one of the cars and perhaps the boat would be gone before he could reach the fuse box. If he spawned at the fuse box, the cars and boat would still be gone before he could get to them. Trying to stop a car without the abilities is close to impossible unless you are extremely lucky.
    New abilities would be required to replace what would be taken away.

In my opinion, I think Roy was designed for the Paranoia mode that has been put on hold and he was just integrated into the game with the existing abilities of Jason. The tag line for Paranoia was: "Who is five".
    Perhaps something will be done with him in the next update.... they are not telling us everything, they would lose the element of surprise after all.... or perhaps at some point after that, it is hard for us to say with what little information we have.

Keep the ideas coming.

@BlitzBoy526 The sprinting Roy might seem a bit weird as well.... even though Roy probably was running in the movie when off screen. Perhaps then, he can only sprint as you suggest when no one can see him. I like the idea to replace morph with the tunnels from the 2009 remake. That was the filmmaker's way of explaining how Jason got around without being seen. New animations required for popping in and out of them though.
    Unless this is used to explain his teleporting.... like popping into a tunnel and instantly popping out at his destination, it would take longer than just running there due to the extra time to just pop in and out of the tunnels.... would the tunnels be a direct route to where he wanted to go at the time? All of these tunnels would take decades for one man to dig out and reinforce. You could also use the drowning kill animation for an out of the tunnels pop up surprise kill.... maybe.

• Like 1

Maybe instead of removing all Jason abilities to Roy, it would be nice if he can use them for example morph, but only when no one is looking at him, he couldnt be in the range of sight of other player and he couldnt teleport to a place where someone is watching, and at the same time it would be nice that stalk would be a passive ability of him while no one is looking at him, so the way to play as Roy would change the mechanic and it will be more "sneaky". I would love that.

They should rework the intro cut scene for Roy. 

On Pinehurst, instead of Roy killing Rob, I was thinking they should replace it with Victor killing Joey while the counselors are freaking out. Then maybe switch to another scene where Roy snaps and slaughters all the crime scene workers, then that's when all the counselors start running.

Or Rob can simply be reskin as a paramedic just standing next to an ambulance and Joey's body while Roy comes from behind to attack him.

This would probably connect fairly well to a crime scene variation map someone suggested awhile back on the forums. I'm not sure who exactly, but I believe the OP was @bewareofbears? I could be wrong though.

Roy can keep all of Jason's abilities since that is simply a gameplay mechanic and Jason from parts 2, 3, and 4 were also human and they couldn't do some of the abilities Jason currently has. But what I do think needs to be changed about Roy is that Pamela's voice needs to be removed, he needs a different spawn location, and he needs to have a different way to die. For a different spawn location, he can spawn at his ambulance at a random location somewhere on the map. As for killing him, something similar like the sweater can stun him and then Tommy can come in and do his thing. Hopefully in the future we can see these changes to Roy.

• Like 1