Twitch viewers follow the streamer, not the game. If the game has exploded on Twitch it's because a handful of big streamers are playing it today because of the date.

Edit: Just checked the numbers. Of the nearly 50k people, over 30k are watching a single streamer.

Another edit: That same streamer has been playing in a quick play lobby this whole time and there has been a cheater in each of his games. Nice publicity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

edit: And one of the most popular streamers out there is playing F13 today.

YOU MEAN PAPPUS!?!?! lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

Twitch viewers follow the streamer, not the game. If the game has exploded on Twitch it's because a handful of big streamers are playing it today because of the date.

Edit: Just checked the numbers. Of the nearly 50k people, over 30k are watching a single streamer.

Another edit: That same streamer has been playing in a quick play lobby this whole time and there has been a cheater in each of his games. Nice publicity.

LMAO!!!

1 minute ago, Truth said:

YOU MEAN PAPPUS!?!?! lol

Gold!

Just now, Truth said:

YOU MEAN PAPPUS!?!?! lol

Pappus has a handful of trolls that watch him cheat in non-competitive games, but he was referring to Sodapoppin who had 30k people watching him.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Pappus has a handful of trolls that watch him cheat in non-competitive games, but he was referring to Sodapoppin who had 30k people watching him.

I didn't know that F13 can be competitive lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

I know. @AldermachXI hates Pappus, that was the joke.

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I didn't know that F13 can be competitive lol. 

It can't be, no asymmetrical game can be. That means less security and more cheaters.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It can't be, no asymmetrical game can be. That means less security and more cheaters.

I was about to say lol... If people are trying to make this game competitive I'm going to need to talk with them about the reasons as to why this game can't after I'm done smacking them in the head with a frying pan for thinking that in the first place. 

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I guess the big streamer stopped because now it's down to 4000 viewers

see, I read that and thought it said, "big steamer", and being in Cleveland, it spun off into "big Cleveland Steamer" which I'm certain is how some of us think of him.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

see, I read that and thought it said, "big steamer", and being in Cleveland, it spun off into "big Cleveland Steamer" which I'm certain is how some of us think of him.

tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

What? :lol:

Just because a game wasn’t designed to be competitive doesn’t mean it can’t be played competitively. Asymmetrical or not, that doesn’t even matter. It’s 1v7, both sides can play against each other in a competitive context. And they do outside of this forum, of course not many here are even aware.

It’s also funny you guys are still talking about Pappus considering he dropped F13 a while ago.

26 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

What? :lol:

Just because a game wasn’t designed to be competitive doesn’t mean it can’t be played competitively. Asymmetrical or not, that doesn’t even matter. It’s 1v7, both sides can play against each other in a competitive context. And they do outside of this forum, of course not many here are even aware.

It’s also funny you guys are still talking about Pappus considering he dropped F13 a while ago.

tenor.gif

I really don't see how this game could be played competitively, there are too many factors that are in this game that could ruin the competitive aspect. 

Besides what competitions could you make out of this game... Whoever survives longest? I mean if that's the case, everyone is gonna get a trophy lol. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I really don't see how this game could be played competitively, there are too many factors that are in this game that could ruin the competitive aspect. 

Besides what competitions could you make out of this game... Whoever survives longest? I mean if that's the case, everyone is gonna get a trophy lol. 

https://m.twitch.tv/bigonuggets_23

One example. Can you honestly not think of any competitive context to this game? Here’s one. Counselors kill Jason or Jason kills counselors. Pretty simple to deduce really.

F13 is not survival horror game...it is 1v7 PvP with objectives.

19 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

tenor.gif

He's taking the word "competitively" too literally, as exemplified in the response he gave to your post. He thinks playing the game and trying makes it competitive.

He's ignoring all the facts that need to be present for a game to actually be capable of being played in a real competitive environment - which is what you and most people are discussing when it comes the game being competitive (and you guys are right).

This is not a competitive game. But then again, we all know that person who can make just about anything competitive. 

29 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

He's ignoring all the facts that need to be present for a game to actually be capable of being played in a real competitive environment - which is what you and most people are discussing when it comes the game being competitive (and you guys are right).

Mind listing those facts for me? You might also have to read what I posted again since you have not understood it.

Yes you can play with a competitive mindset but you can also play in a competitive setting. Like the example I posted, one look would’ve explained it for you. It does not matter whether it was intended or not, you have a team of 7 vs 1 and if you want to put it in a competitive setting you can, and there is nothing wrong or outlandish about that.

Remember that not everyone is playing all the time with randoms and simply trying to escape.

16 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Mind listing those facts for me? You might also have to read what I posted again since you have not understood it.

Yes you can play with a competitive mindset but you can also play in a competitive setting. Like the example I posted, one look would’ve explained it for you. It does not matter whether it was intended or not, you have a team of 7 vs 1 and if you want to put it in a competitive setting you can, and there is nothing wrong or outlandish about that.

Remember that not everyone is playing all the time with randoms and simply trying to escape.

I literally don't see what else you can do besides kill Jason, escape, or be the one killing the counselors. 

Thats literally what the game is about lol. 

Just now, Gummybish said:

I literally don't see what else you can do besides kill Jason, escape, or be the one killing the counselors. 

Thats literally the what the game is about lol. 

I already explained it pretty well I think so best to just go and re-read the posts.

4 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Thats literally what the game is about lol. 

There are many f13 tournaments on Facebook and other places, some are player run. I have friends on Scream team who just won a tournament. Basically you gain points for objectives, and extra points for say each person escaping in the four seater or boat rather than escaping solo. It's Jason's job to shut that shit down so you get less points. Competition.

4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I already explained it pretty well I think so best to just go and re-read the posts.

Like Tommy said, re-read his posts. He has the info in this link.

5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

https://m.twitch.tv/bigonuggets_23

One example. Can you honestly not think of any competitive context to this game? Here’s one. Counselors kill Jason or Jason kills counselors. Pretty simple to deduce really.

F13 is not survival horror game...it is 1v7 PvP with objectives.

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Just because a game wasn’t designed to be competitive doesn’t mean it can’t be played competitively. Asymmetrical or not, that doesn’t even matter. It’s 1v7, both sides can play against each other in a competitive context.

There are too many uncontrolled elements for a game like this to be competitive. Even right down to where the objectives, items and counselors spawn. Competitive games are always symmetrical, balanced games where everything can be accounted for, like fighting games or fast arena shooters where the map is the same everytime. Fighting games being the definitive competitive genre.

People really think a simple game like F13 can't be competitive when there's been other games like Left 4 Dead, Evolve, and hell, even party games like SMASH BROTHERS are and have been competitive?

News flash, a game just needs players on both sides to be competitive for it to be "competitive".

Find a competitive Jason player that wants to win and knows what they're doing and how to play. Now find a team of competitive counselors that want to win and know what they're doing. Whu-lah! You just now created a competitive match where both sides want to win and best each other. Have fun...