Phatboi00

Giving the Players something to do Post-Death

So I was talking to some of my twitch stream buddies that play this game religiously, I asked them how they liked "Salt Mines" idea. Some loved the idea but most hated it, saying that they don't like to wait around after they have been killed by Jason and feel like its punishing them by making them wait. Mind you I don't agree with that, I LOVE the salt mines idea and think it will only make the game better. However, that got my to thinking about how to make the game better while players are waiting "post-death", me and my brother had a pretty good discussion on some of the things that could be implemented, sort of an action-reaction conversation. For instance I made the suggestion that players could move around objects while they were dead kinda like TITT (Trouble in Terrorist Town) but it was quickly shot down by my bro with the obvious "well griefers would just use it to cheat and exploit to win matches", which I agreed was true. Another suggestion I made was to have the players move around as ghosts in the world post-death, the ghosts could pick up items the other players have dropped and give them to players that were still alive, my brother immediately shot that down when he also suggested that if those same ghost players just wanted to be dicks they could just hold on to the items they picked up for the rest of the game to give the living players a disadvantage.

In short I kinda ran out of ideas to throw at him but it gave me the excellent idea to post this in the forums to see if YOU had some ideas that might be good.

TLDR: Can you think of anything that might give post-death players something to do while waiting for the game to end?

you only get salt for leaving before death (unless you are host) so you can leave after death whenever you want. But I do agree that there should be something to do as a spectator. I would love a free roaming camera, to see all the cool shots that can happen. Maybe you could get sent to the virtual cabin with the Jason room open (but counselors are still alive) and the computer can be where you spectate. 

• Like 2

Thats a great idea! I like the fixed cameras but there's not enough of them, I always feel like I'm missing out on the action when there are only like 2 players left alive. A free roaming camera would be a cool idea.

40 minutes ago, Phatboi00 said:

TLDR: Can you think of anything that might give post-death players something to do while waiting for the game to end?

@ShiftySamurai posted a video of an F13 pinball game he made. I always thought that would be a cool thing to do after death. He says they won't add it though... I think they're just afraid his game will be better than the real game.

• Haha 1

I wish dead players could spectate Jason. Sometimes the counselors are just standing in one spot or hiding the rest of the match.

1 minute ago, Pazuzu said:

I wish dead players could spectate Jason. Sometimes the counselors are just standing in one spot or hiding the rest of the match.

That's what private matches are for. This would be too easily abused in qp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

You can in private matches. And it might be unfair, due to people telling alive players Jason's EXACT position if they are in a party. "Oh, he morphed to you." "I don't hear him. Must be in Stalk. What door?" "Backdoor." *Jason gets smacked through door without touching it*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pazuzu said:

Take away the Mic option for dead players. 

alive players can't hear dead players. But if they are in a party, or using discord/ Skype, they can talking directly to them and only them.

@BlitzBoy526 A free roaming camera sounds like a good idea, but would be abused as much as if you could spectate Jason as you can in a private match. More fixed cameras could also be abused the same way unfortunately... it is easier to tell where someone is with the fixed cameras.

Just spectating can be amusing, but a mini game of some kind would be nice. Perhaps those unfortunate souls in the afterlife club could play a game of poker or black jack and use CP for betting... easy to design and public domain so the only cost is in designing and implementing it. This would not work well for those killed late in the game though, or those that are killed after a card game starts.
    More ideas may be needed here.

I think that dead players should have the option to roam around the camp grounds as spirits. Alive Counselors cannot see them but Jason should be able to see them (if he has the option toggled on for them.)

The dead players shouldn't have the ability to speak to Jason though, nor the counselors.

9 minutes ago, KilledByKangaroo said:

What if you could place bets with other spectators using your CP on who you think will die next or how many couselors will escape or whatever just some kind of wager system.

That actually would be kinda interesting. Maybe have a max, so somebody who has a gambling addiction doesn't lose all of their CP. Or maybe bet XP you have earned in that match. 

In the white noise game series you were able to do objectives and guild people to the tapes. Regarding F13 you can be  ghost who is able to stun jason 2 times in the game and that's it, other then that you can roam around the map and confuse counselors going thru them and stuff.

I think it would be cool if you can play an offline match while waiting. You would still be in the online lobby; when the online match has officially ended it will automatically end the offline one as well.

Giving the Players something to do Post-Death

I agree. This is a good idea. 

For spectating, I think they should put up a splash screen of local job listings

• Haha 1

It's already been suggested that dead players get to come back as cops if they are called. Or perhaps they could come back as cops for the last 2 minutes of the game. I think this would be fun and Jason could get 200 points for killing a cop. THe cops could have 3 shots and get points for each successful hit on Jason. So more fun for everyone.