Veevleigh

Friday the 13th Photoshoot (Image Heavy)

Hi all!

So, my local photography studio decided to celebrate Friday the 13th with a Friday the 13th themed photoshoot. We not only had Jason, of course, but Roy, Tommy Jarvis, a counsellor based on Brenda from Part One, and other victims.

I thought some people might get a kick out of them, so decided to share them here.

The main man himself:

I8oWiZK.jpg

Putting his chain to good use:

XUx248P.jpg

'The Jarvis' being put in to action (although unfortunately it's quite hard to see):

SeY3cmi.jpg

Tommy vs Jason:

BaabtTb.jpg

Tommy vs Jason again:

4pU0CA0.jpg

Tommy too late to the rescue:

DQHo6qY.jpg

Roy getting in on the fun:

MjzfIm7.jpg

Tommy getting ready to try the whole 'shotgun' thing:

sVUBbv7.jpg

Roy killing:

JGwrF2t.jpg

Jason finally takes down Tommy:

zJyi0yl.jpg

And finally, Roy in all his glory:

04nfkXn.jpg

(One fun fact about Roy, his costume's overalls were DEFINITELY green, so it just goes to show how blue they can look under the right lighting, just like in the movie!).

Thanks! It definitely was!

Here's a few more I got back:

Jason behind bars (I don't think they'll hold him):

28z8flO.jpg

Roy again:

02cL8hE.jpg

And finally, one of my favs, Tommy and our Final Girl team up to take Jason down:

9HMFwxz.jpg

16 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Quite well done, though @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow will lambaste you for the color selection of Roy's coveralls . . . ^_^

Haha! I promise you, they ARE green! Not quite screen accurate, as they're just cheap second hand overalls we picked up (so they were already distressed), but they are actually green in normal lighting!

Yeah, green kind of disappears with certain lighting and camera combinations, especially with digital. Not to mention that when old films are remastered, the people doing the color correction love to put a blue filter over everything.

Nice shots. I use Red Kap spruce green coveralls for Roy.

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah, green kind of disappears with certain lighting and camera combinations, especially with digital. Not to mention that when old films are remastered, the people doing the color correction love to put a blue filter over everything.

Nice shots. I use Red Kap spruce green coveralls for Roy.

Thanks! The Red Kap spruce green ones are definitely the most accurate I found, just, they were more expensive. The Roy costume was put together on an extreme budget. A dirt cheap mask off eBay we repainted, second hand coveralls from a car mechanic's, and a bald head 'thug' mask with the face cut out.

Nicely done. Nothing shows one's love for a franchise than fan made photos. Especially when you do the little extra work to make a Jason.

1 hour ago, Flyin_J said:

Nicely done. Nothing shows one's love for a franchise than fan made photos. Especially when you do the little extra work to make a Jason.

Thanks! (And thank you @Lyric!). I have to admit, I didn't make the Jason here. It was made by a friend of mine. Loosely based on the Freddy vs. Jason version, but with his own spin, and again, all made on a pretty tight budget (and about ten years old now!). I was responsible for both the Tommy Jarvis and Roy costumes.

But speaking of Jason, here's a few more shots we got back:

Just another nice colour shot of our Jason:

Xrw09hP.jpg

Here's the undermask (not officially a Jason one, but it works pretty well for him, and although it looks a bit fake when caught in a 'proper' photograph, when you only get a glimpse of it as he usually would it's pretty effective):

mKtgnGA.jpg

And finally here's one more of Jason killing Tommy (although thanks to the way it's taken, I can't help but think it sort of looks like Jason is trying to give Tommy a peck on the neck...):

1u2KjKr.jpg

This one is NOT from the shoot, but actually because some of us took our Friday the 13th act to a con at the weekend. Part Two Jason is actually our Jason's son, he made him a Part Two costume because he wanted to join in (parenting done right or what?). The Part VIII (with a little Part VII thrown in) Jason we met at the con and isn't part of 'our' group, but joined in for the pic:

nVY9SOS.jpg

• Like 1