Sign in to follow this  
Darrin Howard

Jason"s religous belifies

IN Friday the 13th part 2 we see Jason has erected a religious altar with his mothers head on the altar and candles.we also see bodies and victims that Jason has left at the altar for his mother to feed on. jasons mother speaks to him from the spiritual plane called the astral.if you don't belive me look up BOVEDA ALTAR.

Jason even belives that the apparition of his mother has appeared through Ginny. Jason is in regular communication with the dead. the writers should have expanded on the supernatural obvious forces in the f13th story.

I'd say it's more dilusional psychosis with a bit of schizophrenia. Nothing supernatural about it. Until he dies and comes back of course. :)

• Like 1

Jason suffers from impaired mental ability. His mother was the only person who loved him and showed him any sort of kindness. He probably has no concept of religion whatsoever, but if anything he views his mother as the highest power in the world. Building the shrine was just his way of honoring her. Whenever he 'hears' her voice, the only instance of this being Part 2, it's his limited intelligence that allowed Ginny to fool him into thinking she is his mother. Of course, he snapped out of it when he saw his mother's head on the altar. I think it's fair to say that Jason is just fiercely loyal to his mother.

Also, of course Jason has a 'familial connection' with his own mother. And in what way is he in 'regular communication with the dead'? He doesn't talk ever, and is never shown interacting with spirits, unless you wanna count Freddy manipulating him when they were both in hell.

NO,NO ok my opinion and what I feel and experience from the movies could be different from what others see and belive. i think it was even planed in the original script to have mrs Voorhees head the eyes to open.also Jason can hear his mother on the other side of the spirit realm and as we seen in Friday the 13th part 1 mrs Voorhees could hear Jason,because she mimicks Jason saying kill her mommy kill her,dont let her get away and the she awnsers her mimick and says i wont Jason i wont.also Jason seen her get beheaded that night. so there was some supernatural communication going on from beyond the grave.

You're allowed to have an opinion. That doesn't make it accurate.

Yes, in the original script, the writer intended for Mrs. Voorhees' head to open her eyes. They removed it because they thought it was too unrealistic for the film.

Mrs. Voorhees 'heard' Jason's voice because she was heartbroken over his apparent death. Before that, I think it's fair to assume she was a relatively normal person, albeit overprotective of her son. And when he died, it sent her over the edge and she suffered from a sort of psychotic break. If there were any sort of spiritual connection that you imply, she could have used this connection to find that her son was still alive.

Part 2 posits that Jason survived the drowning and lived in the woods. That's the only explanation for him being a fully grown adult at the time of the film. And according to Paul's tale, Jason 'saw' his mother killed. I'm 100% positive that in this instance, 'saw' means 'physically witnessed.'

Jason living around crystal lake after he drwoned proves hes a dark supernatural being.also mrs Voorhees all ready knew Jason was still alive because she was talking to him.

Like BlackWidowofLaporte said, Jason survived the drowning and lived in the woods, he wasn't a supernatural being in the first movies.

Also Mrs. Voorhees wasn't talking to Jason, she was speaking to herself in Jason's voice. To me that read like a grief stricken mom keeping her son alive in her mind, kinda how Norman Bates kept his mom alive in his life.

If you choose to have a way more supernatural and magicky headcannon though that's cool too!

• Like 1

if you ask the old timers in town they say like crazy ralph would say it has a death curse at camp crystal lake.its jinxed the truck driver said so it leaves me to belive that camp crystal lake is haunted and Jason and his mother have tapped into that somehow.i think in the 2017 movie we will see more dark supernaturalism.

if you ask the old timers in town they say like crazy ralph would say it has a death curse at camp crystal lake.its jinxed the truck driver said so it leaves me to belive that camp crystal lake is haunted and Jason and his mother have tapped into that somehow.i think in the 2017 movie we will see more dark supernaturalism.

Maybe! I'm not agains't it.

But I don't think Crazy Ralph is a reliable source of information. And in real life, people say that the places where actual murders took place are hunted sometimes but that doesn't make it true I think the people in 13th are just superstitious

• Like 1

You shouldn't be posting your topics with ALL CAPS.

well i mind own business maybe you should too. its an interesting subject. Jason is kind of demonic,he dies and keeps coming back.that calls for big letters.

I'll have to take Laphin side on this one,that's twice now that you put ALL CAPS on your topic titles,it make it look like you are desperate to get attentions,you dont need to do that,we will still take a look at your topic even if the title is not made of ALL CAPS.

Also your response to Laphin was very impolite.

First off,i understand that you have your own point of view of the franchise and you can share your opinion of it,but most of the members of the forum here have also seen the movies multiple times and they all know that there wasnt any supernaturalism until the 6th movie,so there's no need to keep arguing about those first five movies being supernatural because we know they arent.

If you really like F13 having supernatural elements,then you should go check out the comics since those tends to have a lots of supernatural elements in them,especially the six/mini issues series that was made by Wildstorm in 2007 wich for some reason say that a Native American shaman was killed near Crystal Lake a long time ago and he cursed the area,there's even other stuffs like lots of undead childrens in the lake. 

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/friday-the-13th/244579/the-weird-history-of-friday-the-13th-comics-explained

• Like 2

ok i apologize i don't want to sound rude or impolite.i don't want to make forum members angry.i do like the idea of supernaturalism in the f13th movies. jasons mother confirmed and said he drowned,yet he came back from the dead.

I'd like for us to all get along as well and not have to argue with each other. To that end, I will apologize for being condescending to you, Darrin. I will also try to refrain from insulting your opinion.

To clarify on your last comment though, it is fair enough to think that Jason did drown based on Mrs. Voorhees' assumption. However, at the time of the film, there wasn't a plan to carry on with a sequel, so it was considered that Jason did drown and die. But based on the success of the original, they decided to make Part 2, and in that film they changed the story to make it seem like he survived and lived alone in the woods.

Both theories do seem valid. I just chose to agree with the latter: Jason surviving his supposed death, because it seems to be the only valid theory on why he could be fully grown by the second movie. If he had indeed returned from the dead, he would still only have been a child and likely ridden with decay (as he was when he returned in Part 6). Plus, he seemed to be very heavily restricted by the laws of physics (well, somewhat, since he survived an axe to the face), and his death in Part 4 seemed to be the finality of it, until his accidental ressurection in Part 6.

I will agree that Jason is an extraordinary being, but I still think it's fair to say that the first five films do not have anything to do with the supernatural. Part 6 seemed to be the start of the trend "let's see how we can 1-up the last movie," and they just seemed to become ridiculous after that.

I don't care for Jason Goes to Hell, but it seemed to be the one that directly expressed a form of supernatural element, implying that Jason was literally a demon in human form.

I hate Jason goes to hell.it was dumb. im talking about supernatural,black magic or spiritualism meets Friday the 13th.people morphing into Jason isn't what im talking about.

Then let me clear the confusion then.

The thing is that the details on Jason drowning as a kid are pretty vague,it's not sure if the mother actually saw her son drown with her own eyes since the way she described the event make it seem like she wasnt there when it happened or else she could have jumped into the lake and try to save her son,the counselors werent watching either since they were busy having sex.

So Jason's mother and the locals probably got their informations from other kids at the camp who might have seen Jason drowning in the lake,but as for what happened after the drowning,that is left to speculation.

They never found his body,so that's one thing to take into account,my best guess is that he lost consciousness after drowning and his body got taken by the water flow and his body washed up on shore somewhere,then by miracle he expelled the water in his lungs and woke up.

Since he wasnt really clever,he probably didnt know where he was and got lost in the woods nearby and started living as an hermit,what's strange tough is that it took many years before he finally found his mother since she hasnt found him yet during the event of the first film and the fact that Jason is an adult during the second film even if it is set 2-3 years after the first one,it just so happened that the moment he finally found her she was getting beheaded.

Another thing,if Jason did came back to life as an undead after his drowning,then his skin wouldnt be the color it is in the 2nd,3rd and 4th movies since it would be detoriating with times,but you can clearly see that his skin is normal in those movies,also Jason can feel pain,get stunned/knocked out and show emotions just like a living person in part 2,3 and 4,so yeah i dont think he was a zombie in those.

I imagine Jason being energized by the powers of darkness so that he doesent go down so easily.jason is like a dark head hunting shaman.jason calls and works with darker elemental spirit beings.

Jason in any religion would require a very deep story mode lol.