ShiftySamurai

+130% XP/CP & Tape Drops - April 13th Weekend

41 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Yeah I feel bad for steam players, I saw the numbers of player the other day and it was at 200. I hope the numbers raise when the engine upgrade arrives

The only positive is that I run into the same players on QP quite frequently. Remember them for the most part good or bad...

I played very little, the game is tiring, waiting for the update

33 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The only positive is that I run into the same players on QP quite frequently. Remember them for the most part good or bad...

Yeah that happens to me sometimes on Xbox, gets annoying when you don’t want to play with them but QP puts u with them 

ok i understand the game dont have a bunch of tech guys workin on updates and all that but we have been waiting far to long for a update there is nothing left in the game to keep me even playing i'm 150 with all tapes and everything dbl exp is pointless for most of us there is alot of ppl all rdy at max level so tapes might be a different story but what happens when everyone has all tapes and max level then what? lol game over!!

5 hours ago, crip269 said:

ok i understand the game dont have a bunch of tech guys workin on updates and all that but we have been waiting far to long for a update there is nothing left in the game to keep me even playing i'm 150 with all tapes and everything dbl exp is pointless for most of us there is alot of ppl all rdy at max level so tapes might be a different story but what happens when everyone has all tapes and max level then what? lol game over!!

I think everybody was disappointed that the update didn't drop on the 13th. I think that was their goal but probably ran into setbacks. The issue is communication. Had it been communicated a bit earlier that it DEFINATELY would not be out on the 13th, we wouldn't feel like it was a kick to the face. However, I'm glad they're taking the necessary time to polish it.

In part the community is at least partially to blame for both the late communication and game delay... every patch, update, or new mode all you see is people complaining that it's "too buggy", "useless packs" "unbalanced" or "why wasn't it dedicated servers?". So I can see why they're taking the time on it. And poor @shifty has to deal with loads of hate every time he has to announce something we don't want to hear. So I can kind of understand the  lack of communication as well.  They are not Treyarch, they have limited resources. If so many didn't cry foul for every update's "problems" we probably would have had this engine update in some sort of late beta stage. I truly believe if we were less demanding and critical of everything, we'd be given more things. 

I love this game and the fact it was done out of the same love for the franchise that a lot of us share is awesome. 

i totally agree it is lack of communication if they would at least give us a date when we can expect a update maybe some of the hate would die down but they have no communication with the fans that paid to have there game i can understand if it was a free game there would be no reason to complain but i dont like wasting money on something just to have it sit

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, crip269 said:

i totally agree it is lack of communication if they would at least give us a date when we can expect a update maybe some of the hate would die down but they have no communication with the fans that paid to have there game i can understand if it was a free game there would be no reason to complain but i dont like wasting money on something just to have it sit

I don't understand this way of thinking, but I see a lot of people think this way. You paid for the game and you got the game. Now you want more added to it, which they are going to do and they are doing it for free.

For 40 years games have come out and what they were when they were released was what you got. When online games took off there was a monthly subscription that went with them and that fee was what ensured content would be added. Later games adopted the free to play with micro transactions model, or payed DLCs. 

I don't understand why so many people feel like they are owed these content updates and patches, when they aren't paying for them. I also don't understand the lack of patience in waiting for these free updates. It'd be different if we were paying $15 a month for online play and only getting updates quarterly but we're not.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:57 AM, IcrazyKid855 said:

Yeah that happens to me sometimes on Xbox, gets annoying when you don’t want to play with them but QP puts u with them 

It's even worse when you leave a lobby and then land in the same lobby in the load-in, so by the time you realize it, the game starts in 5 seconds 

1 hour ago, Thatguyinktown said:

It's even worse when you leave a lobby and then land in the same lobby in the load-in, so by the time you realize it, the game starts in 5 seconds 

Yeah i know right 

On 4/17/2018 at 11:06 PM, VoorheesGt101 said:

And poor @shifty has to deal with loads of hate every time he has to announce something we don't want to hear. So I can kind of understand the  lack of communication as well.  They are not Treyarch, they have limited resources. If so many didn't cry foul for every update's "problems" we probably would have had this engine update in some sort of late beta stage. I truly believe if we were less demanding and critical of everything, we'd be given more things. 

I love this game and the fact it was done out of the same love for the franchise that a lot of us share is awesome.

Well said.  Totally agree.

honestly love the game though i only just got it im perfectly fine waiting for the update gives me time to level up and practice my game getting better at solo play as its not often you get a game of people that communicate or even have micsso please take your time and keep up the good work you guys have an awesome game and your true fans will always be here for support

Too whom it may concern

Love the game, hate the abuse and vitriol but recognize that some of it is earned. Communication is something you can only be repaired, by doing it consistently and making it clear their are limits to what you will treat as acceptable behaviour. The Devs have been doing a better job recently, but they have also been treating it like a joke we're all in on, when we're not all in on it. You have to earn the right to poke fun at the other members in a conversation, especially when you hold all the power to end it or share information. 

I think the steam went well, if a bit amateurishly presented. If it is a sign of things to come it is a good sign, one that could change how we get information from the devs. If they get a couple more communication people working with Shifty, that make use of all the different platforms, get multiplayer challenges up and running, then the player base will grow. Members of the forums are arguably the best informed players, make use of that to get a sense of what needs to be fixed first.

During the stream, Wes mentioned getting our feedback, they should do it actively not passively, a lot of us what to be apart of it.  

Make a new company statement about where this game is headed, and post it to the forums. People are always going to poison the well when they're mad, cut them off from there biggest argument and most of them will realize they were worried about nothing. They'll still find fault but they won't be screaming a death knell. This might be the most important thing you do, give us a future. Not what it contains just that it exists. 

P.S. Muffin is not a joke anymore, this would have been a much worse break if @Brigadius hadn't joyfully gone along with the three stooges, dibs on Moe, sorry @Truth and @Cokeyskunk.

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

P.S. Muffin is not a joke anymore, this would have been a much worse break if @Brigadius hadn't joyfully gone along with the three stooges, dibs on Moe, sorry @Truth and @Cokeyskunk.

I'm afraid I don't follow. Am I supposed to claim one of the Stooges for me to be?

8 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I'm afraid I don't follow. Am I supposed to claim one of the Stooges for me to be?

Well your either Curly or Larry, so yeah. 

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Well your either Curly or Larry, so yeah. 

Not sure how I earned that title, but if I get to pick which Stooge I am, I pick Emil Sitka: the guy who was an official "Stooge" for, like, a week before Moe died.

Emilstooge.jpg

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Not sure how I earned that title, but if I get to pick which Stooge I am, I pick Emil Sitka: the guy who was an official "Stooge" for, like, a week before Moe died.

Emilstooge.jpg

My girlfriend said we'd become the three stooges, trying to sneak a dog into a horror movie, I thought it was funny. 😆

Good pick, by the way.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

My girlfriend said we'd become the three stooges, trying to sneak a dog into a horror movie, I thought it was funny. 😆

Good pick, by the way.

Ahh, I follow now.

And I thought so.

12 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Ahh, I follow now.

And I thought so.

She also said if they added Muffin, she'd be excited to play. As she would be able to contribute even if she died early every match.

What about Shemp?