Is the rain something new or has it always been in the game? I have only been playing for a few weeks and today, the storm clouds decended and the rain came o' comin.

As I know the Rain was here when the Game came out, I don't know about the Beta. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

Is the rain something new or has it always been in the game? I have only been playing for a few weeks and today, the storm clouds decended and the rain came o' comin.

it was added in...october, maybe? It's still disabled on all but offline matches for xbox.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

it was added in...october, maybe? It's still disabled on all but offline matches for xbox.

Your right, it only happens in offline for ps4 as well. Hopefully the devs at gun media will toy around with the idea of extreme weather some more.  Having pos/neg effects on both Jason and the counselors. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

Your right, it only happens in offline for ps4 as well. Hopefully the devs at gun media will toy around with the idea of extreme weather some more.  Having pos/neg effects on both Jason and the counselors. 

It rains in online on PS4. About half the matches I play have rain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I was tempted to say the same thing, but honestly wasn't sure. That's how little attention I pay to the rain. I do like it, but I guess it has faded into the background for me so much that I barely notice it.

• Like 1

I miss the rain on Xbox one...hopefully it’s added back in the engine upgrade update...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveChristy said:

I was tempted to say the same thing, but honestly wasn't sure. That's how little attention I pay to the rain. I do like it, but I guess it has faded into the background for me so much that I barely notice it.

Do you have problems with it causing the framrate to drop? I hear people all the time complaining about it on PC, but the game barely runs 30 fps without rain and I can't tell a difference if it is raining.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Do you have problems with it causing the framrate to drop? I hear people all the time complaining about it on PC, but the game barely runs 30 fps without rain and I can't tell a difference if it is raining.

Same here. It doesn't seem to affect anything to the point where I notice any change on PS4.

2 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Same here. It doesn't seem to affect anything to the point where I notice any change on PS4.

The frame rate drop with rain is really noticeable on PS4 for the host player. The other players in the lobby aren't affected though.

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

Cant wait to get Rain back on Xbox One .Jack Swagger is your username?

4 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Cant wait to get Rain back on Xbox One .Jack Swagger is your username?

JackSwaggert, after the Apollo astronaut. I bought the PS4 to play Elite dangerous and someone had AdmiralJT already. I've been AdmiralJT online for 20 years, I was kinda bummed.

5 hours ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

No you’re wrong on PS4 it’s online 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

JackSwaggert, after the Apollo astronaut. I bought the PS4 to play Elite dangerous and someone had AdmiralJT already. I've been AdmiralJT online for 20 years, I was kinda bummed.

Damn, that does suck.

1 hour ago, doitagain said:

The frame rate drop with rain is really noticeable on PS4 for the host player. The other players in the lobby aren't affected though.

This is why I leave as soon as I see I am host in a lobby. It also makes driving choppy whether or not you are host. I don't get why the Xbox players miss frames dropping, I wish I could trade places with them.