wes

New Counselor Victoria Sterling Announced!

Oh boy at last! Thank you devs! And thanks to everyone on the forum with their creative ideas along the way! After a long hard day at work in the miserable cold weather this has cheered me up completely :D

Cool, another new character! I know you stated she has no access to DLC clothing but will she have any other outfits to unlock in game?

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

Well now, this is interesting. High luck/stamina would almost make her better than Jenny were it not for the fact she panics a lot quicker.

Probably would still play Jenny, but I'll definitely have to try Victoria when she comes out.

I’d argue she could potentially be the best  counselor in the game. Her stamina and luck allow her to bully Jason.Her stealth and decent intelligence allow her to be a back up repair character. Overall she  seems like a mix of Jenny and Fox. RIP Jenny

1 hour ago, Pazuzu said:

Cool, another new character! I know you stated she has no access to DLC clothing but will she have any other outfits to unlock in game?

She’ll probably be like Mitch,Shelly, and Fox with just simple recolors.

She will be a level 0 counselor or we will need some level to unlock her?

14 minutes ago, rogXue said:

Looks like a nice addition to the game!  Who is she voiced by?

Larry Zerner aka Shelley from part 3 had did her voice in the MoCap studios

9 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Well, goodbye to A.J., my main character since day 1. I have a new favorite one. 

How DARE you? AJ is an ANGEL.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

This is Awesome @wes! Thanks for the info. And congrats to @Barbara Ann for getting her mean girl in here! Since Part 7 is my personal favorite movie, I will definitely playing the hell out of her (that sounds weird now that I think about it). 

• Haha 1

What map did they take that still picture from?  Is that Pinehurt? I don't recognize the room.

• Like 1

That's pretty damn awesome!

Yet I'm still over here like "What about Jasons weapon hit boxes, as well as the force field windows?"

• Like 2

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

How DARE you? AJ is an ANGEL.

LOL. Sorry. But I want the Mean Girl since always, Shifty :( Well, A.J. will be my second favorite, okay? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I’d argue she could potentially be the best  counselor in the game. Her stamina and luck allow her to bully Jason.Her stealth and decent intelligence allow her to be a back up repair character. Overall she  seems like a mix of Jenny and Fox. RIP Jenny

The one weakness Victoria has is that she panics quickly; this means she's more vulnerable to the fear penalties involving reduced stamina regeneration as well as stumbling. Stumbling is dangerous because if it happens right before you were about to hit Jason, you're basically giving him a "grab/slash me for free" card, and that will happen often with Victoria's low composure. At least she has 4 speed so that she's slightly faster while jogging than a running Jason, rather than matching his speed compared to a 3 speed counselor, but that'll still be a problem. She won't really have the means to outrun Jason forever, which means she'll be like Jenny in the sense of baiting Jason while her team takes on objectives.

The key thing is being able to fight Jason for stamina boosts, so any counselor who isn't good at fighting is going to have a lot of problems running this counselor since Victoria will have to fight Jason often.

5 minutes ago, Bless 2 Success said:

Larry Zerner aka Shelley from part 3 had did her voice in the MoCap studios

No, whoever did Chad's voice will voice Meliss....I mean Victoria. All the females scream and breath in his voice

Thanks for the new counselor! But when are we actually going to receive an announcement on the release of the update? 

I don't want to keep hearing updates about the update D:

I'm sure this will revive the game in a flash. :huh: 

Not like this game is in dire need of a new mode or anything. I'm glad you all are getting a counselor you like but it doesn't change the monotonous gameplay. There is one mode in this game kill/survive and they were kind enough to let us do it either online or by our lonesome. VC isn't a mode it's just a mini game museum. It's cool like how museums are cool but it wears off quick. A year into this game and it's still basically the same game from luanch with Halloween costumes. No meaningful content has been added. We just get these little drops here and there to distract us from realizing the game is making no progress. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, shodan said:

What map did they take that still picture from?  Is that Pinehurt? I don't recognize the room.

I was going to ask the same thing.

I think it might be the dining room from the Pinehurst house. I'm not sure though, it's been awhile since I've played that map.

Just now, xHowl- said:

Thanks for the new counselor! But when are we actually going to receive an announcement on the release of the update? 

They announced it already. We'll be getting it this April at the earliest. 

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Soooooooooo. When is the next update? :D

Unfortunately doesn't look like there will be anymore announcements today :(

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

No, whoever did Chad's voice will voice Meliss....I mean Victoria. All the females scream and breath in his voice

He had just said it on his Twitter page

25 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

DamXzNyXkAAV_Qf.jpg:large

Hey it's the girl from Part 7 everybody wanted!!!

Nice Stats. I may have found a Jenny replacement.

Does anyone recognize the background? Looks very similar to Part 7 Shepard house. I wonder if this is a tease for a part 7 map 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bless 2 Success said:

He had just said it on his Twitter page

He's joking, right?

2 minutes ago, xHowl- said:

I don't want to keep hearing updates about the update D:

there won't there just gonna drop it outta nowhere when its ready thats the way they do it

5 minutes ago, xHowl- said:

Unfortunately doesn't look like there will be anymore announcements today :(

He was rather specific. Does that mean we could get another update today at a time other than 4pm?