Sign in to follow this  
Jason'sBackFromHell!

A suggestion to make Jason scary again.

I have been a frequent player of Friday the 13th the game from day one. I have had so much fun playing with my friends, both as a counsellor and as Jason over the many months that this game has been out for. I've always enjoyed playing as Jason, hunting down the counsellors, and killing them in many ways, and I also enjoy being a counsellor trying to survive Jason Voorhees.

However, over the last few months I have begun to see more and more in online matches that the majority of counsellor players don't seem to be scared of Jason anymore.

Now I'm not talking about him being scary in the sense of, "Holy shit! It's, Jason Voorhees!". I mean that just about any counsellor with a melee weapon and some balls can run up to Jason, and wack him over the head, and repeatedly do so until the weapon breaks. That's all fine, Jason might be able to bag a kill if the counsellor hasn't already took off somewhere before Jason has time to recover. But then if you get a group of about 3 to 4 counsellors, all with melee weapons, repeatedly attacking Jason over and over, even till his mask comes off, which as many of us know is step 1 for defeating Jason Voorhees, this can lead to frustration for a lot of Jason players. I know that killing Jason is part of the game, my solution here is to hopefully make Jason scary again.

The idea I had in mind, as something that might make Jason scary again, or at the very least make him intimidating would be if Jason could counter the on coming attacks with him grabbing the counsellors weapon from their hands and throwing it away from them. I don't know if it should work by random chance through a percentage given by how many times a counsellor tries to attack Jason, or maybe a button prompt that could pop up when a counsellor is swinging their weapon at Jason, maybe while Jason is in his attack stance.

I think that this could be a good way to make Jason more scary or intimidating again, and hopefully make a counsellor think twice about hunting down Jason, leave the hunting to Jason.

Let me know what you all think, and do you have any ideas to contribute that could make Jason scary again?

Thank you.

• Confused 1

I agree. I always love the scene in, Jason goes to Hell. When Jason is fighting with Steven outside the Voorhees house, Steven attacks Jason with a garden rake and a shovel both of which Jason takes from him and starts attacking him with them.

I don't see how much of a difference that would make when Jason can outright just grab the counselor and kill them. (They always drop the weapon when grabbed.) He can already block weapons in combat stance as well. 

• Like 2

That is true, but I still think it would be good for Jason to have more moves under his belt other than just simply grabbing a counsellor. Although I am really looking forward to the new grab animation that they're giving him.

Maybe if they just wanted to add a RNG element to Jason's current weapon block (maybe luck stats could also play a factor) that every once in a while a blocked attack could result in the weapon flying out of the counselor's hands, I guess that would be fine. But I don't think Jason needs another actual move or button prompt. 

Your idea could work in that situation, and while a block by Jason resulting in the counsellors weapon flying out of their hands seems cool, it doesn't fix the problem of Jason not being scary or intimidating again. The idea of Jason being able to physically grab the counsellors weapon from them and throwing it away is intimidating, and therefore possibly make Jason a little more scary, which is the problem right now, Jason isn't scary enough when he really should be.