I see people occasionally suggest a pocket knife perk, which would be too abused at any level, so a standalone perk would be awful.

But with the advent of Legendary perks (with the added bonuses), why not tie a pocket knife to a Legendary version of a dud perk- Easy Listening or Quiet Swimmer now comes with a pocket knife?

I know rolling Epics of what I want is a needle in a haystack, so I'd think they could make it rare enough with a Legendary that it doesn't imbalance things, and if someone wants to give up medic or sucker punch for a one shot, Jason could work with that.

2 hours ago, SDA said:

I see people occasionally suggest a pocket knife perk, which would be too abused at any level, so a standalone perk would be awful.

But with the advent of Legendary perks (with the added bonuses), why not tie a pocket knife to a Legendary version of a dud perk- Easy Listening or Quiet Swimmer now comes with a pocket knife?

I know rolling Epics of what I want is a needle in a haystack, so I'd think they could make it rare enough with a Legendary that it doesn't imbalance things, and if someone wants to give up medic or sucker punch for a one shot, Jason could work with that.

You call it awful to have a stand alone pocket knife perk (I can agree on this one).... then you go ahead and suggest it would be alright to attach it to possibly multiple legendary perks. Having a pocket knife attached to another perk...legendary or not... still attached to another perk. You cannot say you think it is awful on one hand, but acceptable on the other.... contradictions make no sense and this is a contradiction.
   When legendary perks come out, they will at first be rare... but many people have had nothing to spend CP on for quite a while and have acquired a massive amount of CP (I am one of those people). They will quickly become commonly used... within a week, many people will have all of their favorite perks in the legendary format. This is INNEVITABLE.
   If there was a pocket knife attached to any perk.... EVERYBODY would be using it. Seven extra pocket knives in the game leads in one... and only one direction. We have been there, done that... it did not work out well and it would be the definition of insanity to even consider that this would be a good thing.

NO..... ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!

• Like 1

During the great Jason nerf patch I thought about if every pocket knife Jason pulled out was added to his throwing knives. I mean he got stabbed by Chris with a knife in part 3 and threw said knife back at her. I don't even care if the animation shows he dropped it. I still would have had it added to his inventory.

So if they ever added a pocket knife perk, I hope they'd utilize my idea so Jason at least has a chance to repay that knife in kind. 

• Like 3

I have a ton of CP in reserve and the perks I want(mostly) too. I also know in 9 months, I haven't seen Epic Medic, and it took about eight months to catch an Epic Sucker Punch. So, uh, no, I'm going to have to say "not inevitable".

You could make it quite the cookie- it's not for nothing that I've discarded dozens of Epic Potent Rangers without a single Epic Medic, there's obviously a bigger thumb on the odds that ensures you get mostly dud perks as epics.

As such, your idea that it would be in everyone's inventory is nuts, it's not the 1 in 20 odds you get for a perk, its 1 in 20, multiplied by the extremely low percentage they'll place on Legendary, with the even greater possibility that they'd downweigh the odds for that version of the perk.

But I'll put you down for no.

What if the pocket knife perk has some disadvantage like "reduced stamina" or "increased fear" or whatever most of the perks I rolled tend to have. (Even my few Epic perks have a % loss of something. Usually it's sprint speed.)

The thought of having to sit through 11 pocket knives to the neck would make me never want to play as Jason.

I just wish there was some sort of mechanic that didn't guarantee a knife stun. Probability chance in use or button press to block/counter by Jason.  I can usually tell when someone has one though when they are running around carelessly. That fucker just gets hacked/knifed to death..

NOPE this is a garbage idea sorry. 

@SDA you’ll roll an epic medic eventually. And for medic the rarity doesn’t really matter since they all give 2 spray uses.

• Like 1

The pocket knife is the best item in the game for a good reason. There shouldn't be a perk that influences the pocket knife in any way.

The only semi-good idea I can come up with if we need a pocket knife perk, is if it allows the Counselor to keep the knife after using it to set off a trap, but it only works once per pocket knife, and you absolutely cannot use it twice to break free from Jason's grasp.

21 hours ago, The Tommy said:

During the great Jason nerf patch I thought about if every pocket knife Jason pulled out was added to his throwing knives. I mean he got stabbed by Chris with a knife in part 3 and threw said knife back at her. I don't even care if the animation shows he dropped it. I still would have had it added to his inventory.

Damn, now that's a brilliant idea. It's also a subtle nerf to a pocket knife as well, as it would give Jason one extra knife to use against the Counselor. I like it!

22 hours ago, SDA said:

I have a ton of CP in reserve and the perks I want(mostly) too. I also know in 9 months, I haven't seen Epic Medic, and it took about eight months to catch an Epic Sucker Punch. So, uh, no, I'm going to have to say "not inevitable".

You could make it quite the cookie- it's not for nothing that I've discarded dozens of Epic Potent Rangers without a single Epic Medic, there's obviously a bigger thumb on the odds that ensures you get mostly dud perks as epics.

As such, your idea that it would be in everyone's inventory is nuts, it's not the 1 in 20 odds you get for a perk, its 1 in 20, multiplied by the extremely low percentage they'll place on Legendary, with the even greater possibility that they'd downweigh the odds for that version of the perk.

But I'll put you down for no.

I may be 'nuts'.... that is a given. I am also a realist.... and realists are considered "nuts" by pretty much everyone who cannot understand logic.... or those who are not in possession of enough facts concerning the topic of discussion, but "think" they have all the facts and are really just too lazy to look further into a subject.... also by those who want something and will only look at the points in their favor while totally ignoring anything that makes their point sound in any way illogical and / or calling these points or the person who pointed them out... "nuts".
    I had every epic perk that I wanted and 4 rare perks that I do not often use within about a month of buying the game. There are two sides to every coin.... just because I got them all so quick, does not mean everyone will. Just because you don't have them doesn't mean a great many other people did not get them pretty quick.
   To clarify..... "They will quickly be commonly used.... within a week, many people will have all of their favorite perks in the legendary format" does not mean "it would be in everyone's inventory" as you suggest. Far from it...... I suggest you read the quote again... slowly this time. I am mot sure in what language "common" means "everyone", but I am sure you can inform me.
   Even seeing 3 or 4 extra pocket knives in a match puts us back where we were before they were reduced. This would be "inevitable" if your "solution" were to be implemented whether you like to admit that or not. They were reduced for damned good reasons.

I understand math very well. I can explain how odds work... the crazy patterns that random number generators have.... and so on... but that would be a very, very lengthy post.
   There are A LOT of people that have not spent any CP for a very long time and play the game regularly.... not necessarily every day.... but regularly. CP adds up quickly when you are not spending it. And yes!!! the odds are MANY (not ALL... MANY... just thought that needed clarification) people will get the legendary perks they want VERY quickly.

If you are responding to someone, as you probably already know, tagging or quoting them will bring them quicker to read your response and possibly leave a.... response.

@The Tommy You make a good point about adding the pocket knives to Jason's inventory... I like the idea.... BUT swiss army knives are very poorly balanced for throwing... So maybe it could be used as a bonus kill... Jason saves that knife to stab the counselor that used it on him in the neck....(spite!!!! spite I say!!!) or eye..... or temple... or up the nose... or however many options they would put in for it... more than one would be good, just to keep changing it up. This would not be a bonus to Jason in any way as he still has to catch them and grab them to preform the kill.... just like he has to do for any other kill. Too many new animations required though... but if they could use an animation from an existing knife kill... that might work, but could also look silly with a much smaller knife.

@RichWalk9891 Now your idea could be implemented into a perk well, but only with a very low percentage of it being effective. A 5% to 10% chance that a pocket knife is not destroyed when disarming a trap ONE TIME ONLY would not be a huge nerf to Jason and only a slight buff to counselors. If it were much higher than 5 or 10% it could happen too often and make -trap Jasons a thing of the past. Even a 5% chance can happen a couple times in a row, it is just rare, but the percentage is low enough that not everyone would be using it in every match.... as long as it is not attached to something that everyone uses already, like medic, swift attacker and sucker punch (non of which would make any sense). This sounds like something that could be attached to a perk like preparedness or tinker.

But why, No one will equip them even if they get a Free PK

Like, Easy Listening can go burn in hell it's so useless. 

And There is the chance the Jason doesn't even place traps or doesn't even grab, So PKs aren't always useful.

Case Closed, The Answer is No!

17 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I agree to this, if they no longer stun jason and can only be used on traps.

Deal?

Don't give him any more ideas. 

I would honestly like this perk, considering every other counselor but me gets knives and I do not because they seem to take all of them. There are servers I have played as Jason where almost every counselor had Pocket Knived me. There are also some games where a counselor had three pocket knives. It was annoying on Jason's end, but I would like to have this perk so that I don't have to die because people hog all the knives. 

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, The Tommy said:

So if they ever added a pocket knife perk, I hope they'd utilize my idea so Jason at least has a chance to repay that knife in kind. 

I would definitely like this as well.

14 minutes ago, Buddy489 said:

I would honestly like this perk, considering every other counselor but me gets knives and I do not because they seem to take all of them. There are servers I have played as Jason where almost every counselor had Pocket Knived me. There are also some games where a counselor had three pocket knives. It was annoying on Jason's end, but I would like to have this perk so that I don't have to die because people hog all the knives. 

I would definitely like this as well.

Theres currently 3 pocket knives per map ..  And Tommy has one if called.  Thats 4 pocket knives.

This perk...  Would add 7 extra pocket knives, thats a total of 11.     (Because everyone would use it)

Which means Jason would get stabbed in the neck 11 times.

11 TIMES !!

Would you want to play as Jason?

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Theres currently 3 pocket knives per map ..  And Tommy has one if called.  Thats 4 pocket knives.

This perk...  Would add 7 extra pocket knives, thats a total of 11.     (Because everyone would use it)

Which means Jason would get stabbed in the neck 11 times.

11 TIMES !!

Would you want to play as Jason?

Say goodbye to your Jason traps as well. Besides the pocket knife hoarders, it was a real pain as Jason when coordinated players took out your traps left and right via the abundance of :pocketknife:. At least with tanking you can hear it. With the :pocketknife:, if your not watching your map SURPRISE! All the traps you had around the objectives are gone. You'll know this by the start of the car or the cops acknowledging the snitching on Jason. 4 pocket knives isn't so bad to watch, but 7 players who each already have one without having to search first would make Jason's traps a joke vs groups of objective focused players.

Also, more :pocketknife: would lead to more slashing Jasons again:JasonPt4:. A viable counter, but man I like some kill variety.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:03 PM, Thatguyinktown said:

I agree to this, if they no longer stun jason and can only be used on traps.

Deal?

That would make traps completely useless and -traps Jasons would be a thing of the past.

37 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Say goodbye to your Jason traps as well. Besides the pocket knife hoarders, it was a real pain as Jason when coordinated players took out your traps left and right via the abundance of :pocketknife:. At least with tanking you can hear it. With the :pocketknife:, if your not watching your map SURPRISE! All the traps you had around the objectives are gone. You'll know this by the start of the car or the cops acknowledging the snitching on Jason. 4 pocket knives isn't so bad to watch, but 7 players who each already have one without having to search first would make Jason's traps a joke vs groups of objective focused players.

Also, more :pocketknife: would lead to more slashing Jasons again:JasonPt4:. A viable counter, but man I like some kill variety.

Exactly my point. This would be a massive nerf to Jasons everywhere.

Nope. I do not think any perk should give pocket knives, period.

33 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Nope. I do not think any perk should give pocket knives, period.

How about if the perk made it so they can't heal themselves (only teammates) and add a massive damage taken penalty? Weapon strength plus Jasons kills in one slash. Normal weapon strength Jasons is first slash limping, second slash death. As for throwing knives, it only will take one to kill. Also, a Jason trap is an insta death as well. Plus the perk prevents use of any pocket knives on Jason's traps. Not to mention the starting pocket knife cannot be dropped to try and get around this except by being killed. How bad do they really want that guaranteed starting pocket knife???