• Hawkman
    • The Atom
    • Krypto
    • Ace. The Bat-Hound
    • Plastic Man
    • Lobo
    • Shazam
    • Dr Fate

Batman, but specifically the one from the animated series.

I read comic books, batman in particular but the best version of him was on the cartoon. 

Edit

The flash is easily the most powerful, and Lantern's come a very close second. It doesn't matter who, the ring is the weapon. It always bothered me that they repeatedly say it's the most powerful weapon in the universe but none of them use it effectively. With an ideal use of will you could leave someone deaf, blind, and in agony, it wouldn't even take any real effort. They would still lose to any Flash but then again intangibility and super speed is OP.

Superman for me.

I was a longtime pre-New 52 reader, with a fondness for the art of Ed McGuiness and Alex Ross, but enjoyed art and storylines spanning all the eras back to the Golden Age. I am fond of the symbology, aesthetic, and good-natured values of the core Superman mythos. The Emperor Joker and President Lex storylines resonated with me at the time of their publication and were some of the last comic books I purchased before my disposable income and my attention were shifted in a different direction (parenthood). The introduction of a new continuity shifting crisis made for an easy breaking point at the time.

Cinematically, I love aspects of each Superman movie that has been made, but I do not believe a definitive interpretation of the character exists on film, yet. I believe a Superman movie should be bright and hopeful unlike the modern interpretation, but I do not think the special effects of Christopher Reeve's era gave the character the power and spectacle he deserved. The various serials, cartoons, and TV series all bring something nice to the table, as well.

I admire Superman's ideology. I would like to believe that if I had immense power (or wealth, or talent, or influence) that my default instinct would be to use it for the greater good. 

Culturally, I think many of our comic heroes get co-opted and commodified into things that warp the perception of the character, and Superman is no exception. The S-Shield often seems to stand for the unabashed, smug overconfidence that a braggart has in his own abilities. But I like the boring, vanilla, 'aw shucks' humility of the character of Kal-El as much as the power he possesses.

batman-superman-flies-193199.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 7:20 PM, SUPAH JD said:

Lobo. 

I'm counting him as an anti-hero for the gits and shiggles. 

Same here. I have great affection for all the DC heroes, especially Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and The Flash --

-- but the most entertaining character has to be Lobo.

2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Superman for me.

I was a longtime pre-New 52 reader, with a fondness for the art of Ed McGuiness and Alex Ross, but enjoyed art and storylines spanning all the eras back to the Golden Age. I am fond of the symbology, aesthetic, and good-natured values of the core Superman mythos. The Emperor Joker and President Lex storylines resonated with me at the time of their publication and were some of the last comic books I purchased before my disposable income and my attention were shifted in a different direction (parenthood). The introduction of a new continuity shifting crisis made for an easy breaking point at the time.

Cinematically, I love aspects of each Superman movie that has been made, but I do not believe a definitive interpretation of the character exists on film, yet. I believe a Superman movie should be bright and hopeful unlike the modern interpretation, but I do not think the special effects of Christopher Reeve's era gave the character the power and spectacle he deserved. The various serials, cartoons, and TV series all bring something nice to the table, as well.

I admire Superman's ideology. I would like to believe that if I had immense power (or wealth, or talent, or influence) that my default instinct would be to use it for the greater good. 

Culturally, I think many of our comic heroes get co-opted and commodified into things that warp the perception of the character, and Superman is no exception. The S-Shield often seems to stand for the unabashed, smug overconfidence that a braggart has in his own abilities. But I like the boring, vanilla, 'aw shucks' humility of the character of Kal-El as much as the power he possesses.

batman-superman-flies-193199.jpeg

Did you read Grant Morrison's run of Action Comics from the new 52? 

It is among my favourite takes on Superman. His pre new 52 book All star Superman is probably my favourite of all time.

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

He is an alien, but he understands humanity better than any human. He has the power to to enslave the planet without effort, but chooses instead to be it's defender. He is what people should aspire to be.

I understand that Superman is suppose to be this " inspiring" character, and people should aspire to be like him. But, i just don't like Superman at all, i just think He's boring tbh.

Me not liking Superman is a bit Ironic, because my profile name is Freddie Mercury. And Freddie's favorite superhero was Superman. :P

2 hours ago, spookyvizionz said:

The Joker.

Favorite HERO! Not Villain...

But yeah, i love the Joker as well.

12 hours ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Mr. Incredible is the best DC hero

Can't argue with that. :lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Did you read Grant Morrison's run of Action Comics from the new 52? 

It is among my favourite takes on Superman. His pre new 52 book All star Superman is probably my favourite of all time.

I missed his New 52 stuff. I  faded away. I didn't lose interest; just lost focus. I did read All Star Superman, though.

10 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I understand that Superman is suppose to be this " inspiring" character, and people should aspire to be like him. But, i just don't like Superman at all, i just think He's boring tbh.

Me not liking Superman is a bit Ironic, because my profile name is Freddie Mercury. And Freddie's favorite superhero was Superman. :P

"… You say Lord I say Christ 
I don't believe in Peter Pan 
Frankenstein or Superman 
All I wanna do is…"

d5c58e0000dd445d7481fa5111028cc2.jpg

• Haha 1

I like Superman the best. Back in my emotional teen days I was into anti-heros, but now I prefer the good ol' regular heroes.

You have this dude who is super over-powered, yet he uses his powers mainly to do as much good as possible. Humble guy, works hard, and just wants to live his life as an altruist, pretty much the core definitions of a Midwest native with Midwestern values (he grew up in Kansas).

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, Freddie Mercury said:

Favorite HERO! Not Villain...

But yeah, i love the Joker as well.

You have your heros... I have mine.

I want to see the DCEU make a Plastic Man movie. If pulled off properly, it has the potential to be their Ant Man in terms of tone, humor, and purpose. 

On 4/11/2018 at 6:21 PM, Freddie Mercury said:
On 4/11/2018 at 5:46 PM, T.W said:

Gambit

Same, love that he uses his kenetic powers by throwing cards at people.

Honestly, I feel like Gambit's biggest fans are women and gay men.  I'm not knocking the character, nor the folks who dig the cut of his jib, but apart from finding him the cultural sensitivity awareness equivalent to a bucket full of battery acid, he's just a lazy writer's wet dream of early to mid 90's cultural tropes--and not even the good ones, just the shitty ones that are infused with enough stereotyping that people should be protesting Gambit more than they do Chief Wahoo.

I wish I could link to the defunct Marvel Heroes Omega forum post I had about it, but I'm too lazy to do the research again.  The only character worse than Gambit, is Jubilee (don't even get me started on her).

Now, as far as DC heroes go, Dr. Fate is a BOSS.  Batman is great, and the easy "go-to" choice when talking to non-comic book folks, but Dr. Fate is amazing.  If you're talking about the extended DC Universe (Wildstorm, Vertigo, etc...) then that list changes significantly for me, and Milo Garrett jumps to the top of the list.  Really, any of the Minutemen from 100 Bullets, for that matter.

Batman. He makes you realize the power to change the world is yours, that you don't need to wait for the "Superman" or "Wonder Woman" to save you.

Plus, he's... complex. Oh, and all dark and shit too. And the car man, chicks dig the car. ;)

Superman and Wonder Woman would be my number 2 and 3 picks respectively. The holy trinity of superheroes.

Marvelwise it'd be Spiderman, Hulk and Wolverine. Though, I have a soft spot for ROM - Spaceknight and Silver Surfer. Those dudes talked to whales and saw the bigger picture. Dr. Strange and Thor's alternate dimensions gig was pretty wild too.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Freddie Mercury said:

As the title states, who is your favorite DC Hero?

Mine? Obviously BATMAN!!!

tumblr_mpn820pcgE1str3fxo1_400.gif

RIP Adam west(19th September 1928 - 9th June 2017).

He's getting rid of bombs in heaven now...

And always remember.....West is the Best!

Did you see the stunt double of Robin...man, I know I am a total a*hole to say that , but man was that double ugly. In one Episode you can even see him in a still Picture... He just looked weird.

I voted for Lobo. METAL!