PowellCampsNAKED

News on update this Friday the 13th?

1 hour ago, Billabong506 said:

What games are you still playing from even 6 months ago

Donkey Kong, Galaga, Space Invaders, Trade Wars, Super Mario Bros., Pac Man.

I still play lots of games that are older than 6 months.

• Like 1

It's not a matter of anything other than the potential to impress versus let down.

In terms of business, this was a let down. 

This date is infamous to the game... it's like the one Wrestle mania that Undertaker decides not to show up. That's kind of what we are at in this situation and sure.. I understand the difficulties that they are facing.. but at some point you just gotta cut out part and throw it out as a dedication.. I mean the perk revamp would have been perfect for the situation.

The thing with patches.. the more you include in one bang.. the more glitches that happen.

7 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Donkey Kong, Galaga, Space Invaders, Trade Wars, Super Mario Bros., Pac Man.

I still play lots of games that are older than 6 months.

Yeah my list is waaaay to long. I have a nes, super nes, genesis, dreamcast, n64, gamecube, xbox, ps1,2,3,4 and an atari I need to dust off. I bounce around quite a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, JASONtips said:

It's not a matter of anything other than the potential to impress versus let down.

In terms of business, this was a let down. 

This date is infamous to the game... it's like the one Wrestle mania that Undertaker decides not to show up. That's kind of what we are at in this situation and sure.. I understand the difficulties that they are facing.. but at some point you just gotta cut out part and throw it out as a dedication.. I mean the perk revamp would have been perfect for the situation.

The thing with patches.. the more you include in one bang.. the more glitches that happen.

The problem is that everything they are adding hinges on the engine update. Until that is ready nothing can be added.

6 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah my list is waaaay to long. I have a nes, super nes, genesis, dreamcast, n64, gamecube, xbox, ps1,2,3,4 and an atari I need to dust off. I bounce around quite a bit

I don't have any of the old consoles, I do have a Ryzen 5 machine with a GTX 1060 that predominantly runs either an Atari or NES emulator.

I wasn't double posting it made a 2nd one when I tried to edit the first.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I don't have any of the old consoles, I do have a Ryzen 5 machine with a GTX 1060 that predominantly runs either an Atari or NES emulator.

I wasn't double posting it made a 2nd one when I tried to edit the first.

Forgot that I also have one of the hyperkin 3 system models so i could shelve some of the systems and not have cords everywhere. Kind of OCD about that. Yeah have been thinking about getting something lime that or that alienware console that can emulate a lot. Just took care of the old ones and never got rid of them.

Wes just posted this on twitter:

"I wish we could have had the update done today, that would have been cool, with the calendar date and all. But it's not quite done yet. We weren't going to rush it, and release a bad update. Please be patient as the team @IllFonic continues to bust ass."

I would have been nice to have the exact same thing posted here yesterday, but at least we heard something about the update.

Ah well, not a big deal.

(And to his credit, when I was slightly irritable with him about his tweet, he liked my response, so they are probably aware they should have said something yesterday)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

"I wish we could have had the update done today, that would have been cool, with the calendar date and all. But it's not quite done yet. We weren't going to rush it, and release a bad update. Please be patient as the team @IllFonic continues to bust ass."

I would have been nice to have the exact same thing posted here yesterday, but at least we heard something about the update.

Ah well, not a big deal.

(And to his credit, when I was slightly irritable with him about his tweet, he liked my response, so they are probably aware they should have said something yesterday)

They should tell us how far along the update is already so we can have an idea if they even think it's possible it could come out this month. For all we know they're aiming for a June release and implying it could drop any day.

3 hours ago, Billabong506 said:

That's a CRAP answer. Y'all know how far along you are and how much to go.  If you don't , then either you're LYING or you shoved it TOO FAR up your own ASS !! This game came out 2015- 2016 and I personally had it since the disc came out , which in itself is 6 months ago . 2  1/2 years to get your game together and YOU tell US to " Shove it up your Asses" ? I think this very patient COMMUNITY DESERVES BETTER ( mic drop ) 

I think you may have mistaken me for a developer.

deadpool-gif-tumblr-5.gif

15 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I think you may have mistaken me for a developer.

deadpool-gif-tumblr-5.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Ah well, not a big deal.

I think the timing of the Victoria reveal was poor management/planning too. I understand they want info to give people, especially this weekend. But most of the counselor reveals have come within days of their release. I doubt that's the case this time.

Revealing Victoria potentially a full month before people are able to play her is just a silly thing to do at this point.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I think the timing of the Victoria reveal was poor management/planning too. I understand they want info to give people, especially this weekend. But most of the counselor reveals have come within days of their release. I doubt that's the case this time.

Revealing Victoria potentially a full month before people are able to play her is just a silly thing to do at this point.

I agree, it should have been planned more carefully, it is what it is I guess. 

I'm just glad we are getting her because of how long lots of us in the community  have been pushing for her to make it in the game. 

Personally I can wait but I understand why some would disagree. 

7 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I agree, it should have been planned more carefully, it is what it is I guess. 

I'm just glad we are getting her because of how long lots of us in the community  have been pushing for her to make it in the game. 

Personally I can wait but I understand why some would disagree. 

The wait is more painful when you don't have even the slightest idea of how long you'll be waiting. We don't have even the vaguest timeframe, not even a target window like "Early 2017!".

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The wait is more painful when you don't have even the slightest idea of how long you'll be waiting. We don't have even the vaguest timeframe, not even a target window like "Early 2017!".

Eh, I have college to worry about LOL

51 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Eh, I have college to worry about LOL

Say no more. You clearly lead a very full life.

39 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Say no more. You clearly lead a very full life.

Yeah, I have two hold two jobs and be a full time student. I'm still surprised that I am able to have some free time.