PowellCampsNAKED

News on update this Friday the 13th?

2 minutes ago, Guy said:

What's the diff between XP and CP?

XP levels you up and CP buys perks. You get 1 CP for every 10 XP you earn.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

XP levels you up and CP buys perks. You get 1 CP for every 10 XP you earn.

But...why not just use XP as a currency?

When Wes announces things like "You guys feel that? It’s as if we will be announcing something new...soon." you have to assume there is more coming out tomorrow then just 130% XP weekend and a confirmation of a new counselor everyone was expecting.  If there is no major update tomorrow then I kind of feel like they deserve some of the criticism for hyping things up with comments like that.

If the announcement of the new counselor and the 130% XP weekend are the only things coming, then the team should just come flat out and say "We'll be running an XP event to celebrate this Friday the 13th, but we still need more time before releasing our big update".  Just temper expectations from the beginning so people don't speculate and then get disappointed because they built this up in their head to be the grand reveal.

I'm still convinced something bigger will be released tomorrow because of the hype the team has created like the tweet from Wes.  I'm not going to get drastic and declare I'm done playing because I'm too big of an F13 fan and of the game, but an XP event is not exciting for the majority of players and I'm not even at level 100 yet.  If this is it I'll spend my time elsewhere and just wait until the update really drops before playing again.

Just now, Danton79 said:

If the announcement of the new counselor and the 130% XP weekend are the only things coming, then the team should just come flat out and say "We'll be running an XP event to celebrate this Friday the 13th, but we still need more time before releasing our big update".  Just temper expectations from the beginning so people don't speculate and then get disappointed because they built this up in their head to be the grand reveal.

I'm still convinced something bigger will be released tomorrow because of the hype the team has created like the tweet from Wes.  I'm not going to get drastic and declare I'm done playing because I'm too big of an F13 fan and of the game, but an XP event is not exciting for the majority of players and I'm not even at level 100 yet.  If this is it I'll spend my time elsewhere and just wait until the update really drops before playing again.

Get ready to be disappointed then.

I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic in hopes they didn't crap the bed with all the hype they've created. We'll see

18 minutes ago, Danton79 said:

When Wes announces things like "You guys feel that? It’s as if we will be announcing something new...soon." you have to assume there is more coming out tomorrow then just 130% XP weekend and a confirmation of a new counselor everyone was expecting.  If there is no major update tomorrow then I kind of feel like they deserve some of the criticism for hyping things up with comments like that.

You don't have to assume any of those things.

Wes said "we will be announcing something new soon"

And then they announced a new counselor, which is something new.

End.

8 minutes ago, Danton79 said:

They're not going to drop the biggest update in the history of the game by surprise. Nothing is coming and the update is probably still a month away.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They're not going to drop the biggest update in the history of the game by surprise. Nothing is coming and the update is probably still a month away.

Yeah we can expect dedicated servers to be coming soon........ early 2019

36 minutes ago, Guy said:

But...why not just use XP as a currency?

That would have been to easy.

I don't expect any update at all but I wish they would announce on here and social media there will be no update tomorrow. Posts I am reading on here, social media and players in game think an update is coming, it's actually starting to get annoying. 

4 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I don't expect any update at all but I wish they would announce on here and social media there will be no update tomorrow. Posts I am reading on here, social media and players in game think an update is coming, it's actually starting to get annoying. 

At the very least they should give us an update on the status of the update. "April at the earliest" was over two months ago. Are we still on track for April or is looking more like May at the earliest?

So basically nothing “new” is being released.

I don’t see another counselor as something new. Let’s get down to brass tacks here this is nothing more than a slightly altered default female F13 model with different textures and stats. This probably took the graphics team maybe one day to do. I assume they done this to keep from fully disappointing the player base. I mean at least it’s “something” I suppose. 

But I think I speak for the majority of the community when I say we would rather have a clear and honest response when something truly big is coming rather than another counselor. Off the top of my head, things like:

Dedicated servers

New graphics engine

Disconnection fixes

If you guys don’t have any idea, just be honest and say “we have no clue”. 

3 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

So basically nothing “new” is being released.

I don’t see another counselor as something new. Let’s get down to brass tacks here this is nothing more than a slightly altered default female F13 model with different textures and stats. This probably took the graphics team maybe one day to do. I assume they done this to keep from fully disappointing the player base. I mean at least it’s “something” I suppose. 

But I think I speak for the majority of the community when I say we would rather have a clear and honest response when something truly big is coming rather than another counselor. Off the top of my head, things like:

Dedicated servers

New graphics engine

Disconnection fixes

If you guys don’t have any idea, just be honest and say “we have no clue”. 

They've said dedicated servers aren't happening until sometime after the coming update.

Calling it now,im guessing 1 of the new things tommorrow is offline bots improvements.

@ShiftySamurai

Come on, man. It's mid-April and it's a Friday the 13th. You guys had to know we were hoping for the big update on this date. If we don't get it because it's not done, that's cool - no promises were made - but it would be nice if you could at least tell us one way or the other before the actual day of.

It's not like coming in here and saying: "It just wasn't ready in time for Friday the 13th, but it will be out relatively soon" takes more than 30 seconds.

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@RKSDooM

Common sense isn’t common. :/

Very salient point.

18 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

@ShiftySamurai

Come on, man. It's mid-April and it's a Friday the 13th. You guys had to know we were hoping for the big update on this date. If we don't get it because it's not done, that's cool - no promises were made - but it would be nice if you could at least tell us one way or the other before the actual day of.

It's not like coming in here and saying: "It just wasn't ready in time for Friday the 13th, but it will be out relatively soon" takes more than 30 seconds.

They told us never to expect anything on the Friday the 13.

Just now, The Gloved One said:

They told us never to expect anything on the Friday the 13.

They told us to never expect anything on a Friday the 13th?

Hmm.

Firstly, I have never heard that. Secondly... that's weird. Since not a single Friday the 13th has passed since the game released without SOMETHING happening on that date.

1 minute ago, RKSDooM said:

They told us to never expect anything on a Friday the 13th?

Hmm.

Firstly, I have never heard that. Secondly... that's weird. Since not a single Friday the 13th has passed since the game released without SOMETHING happening on that date.

Shifty stated that they aren't just trying to hit a date just to hit F13.Technically, we have the 160% increase to everything also happening this weekend.