PowellCampsNAKED

News on update this Friday the 13th?

It won't be in April. I'm sure they're scrambling to (hopefully) have it out by May 26th for the 1 year anniversary. Maybe Double XP this weekend for Friday the 13th.. That'll be @ShiftySamurai's Thursday announcement this week :P

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It won't be in April. I'm sure they're scrambling to (hopefully) have it out by May 26th for the 1 year anniversary. Maybe Double XP this weekend for Friday the 13th.. That'll be @ShiftySamurai's Thursday announcement this week :P

Maybe @ShiftySamurai will announce the next time Randy will stream:lol:

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Followed by dedicated servers sometime in September or Oct. Seems they shoot for a year after on a lot.

48 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Maybe @ShiftySamurai will announce the next time Randy will stream:lol:

Gold!

12 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Heh....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

"If you have a better deal, shove it up your ugly ass. You heard us right, shove it up your ugly ass."

This is a short but effective answer. Thank you again, Alkavian.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

I hope Thrusdays announcement isn't just double xp.. I want more content updates.

Double XP and nothing are the same thing at this point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Not for those of us with jobs and kids.  I like double XP weekend.

I'd also be jazzed for a higher % chance for tapes and epic perks (I still haven't gotten an epic marathon or restful!!!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gtdjlocker311 said:

Not for those of us with jobs and kids.  I like double XP weekend.

I'd also be jazzed for a higher % chance for tapes and epic perks (I still haven't gotten an epic marathon or restful!!!)

Yeah, because you totally know me and know if I have a job or a kid. Seriously?

There's nothing new to do in the game. I'm still at level 70, but I don't have a good motivation to play anymore. I'm speaking for myself, that's my opinion. 

Just now, kitcat said:

Yeah, because you totally know me and know if I have a job or a kid. Seriously?

There's nothing new to do in the game. I'm still at level 70, but I don't have a good motivation to play anymore. I'm speaking for myself, that's my opinion. 

I'm sorry you took offense to my comment.  I meant no disrespect nor was I trying to guess your personal circumstance.  It would be reasonable for a reader to assume you meant you were already at 150, though.  If your comment is simply about not liking the game, why do you still come here at all?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I'm sorry you took offense to my comment.  I meant no disrespect nor was I trying to guess your personal circumstance.  It would be reasonable for a reader to assume you meant you were already at 150, though.  If your comment is simply about not liking the game, why do you still come here at all?

Because I'm waiting for something to make me want to play the game again. Pretty simple. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kitcat said:

I tend to agree.

I'm at 141 and I could care less about Double XP.

Why?

What I know...

1. Only 7 or 8 perks really matter in the grand scheme of things

2. You can blow 50, 000 CP or more before you get the version of the perk you want...If I wanted to waste essentially video game money on gambling with no return investment...I would go to Las Vegas and blow my life savings that way

3. Quick Play is a fucking chore regardless if you play Jason or Counselor...the side issues (teaming/glitches/trolls) make it a 20 minute waste of your life, at least for me

I need more substantial news besides what amounts to more money to gamble for no real return.

I'm here for the engine update, Singleplayer challenges, weapon swap, Part 7 boost and that's about it. I could care less about legendary perks (though others might like it) and im here for future content down the road like a Melissa type counselor/Grendel/Uber, etc, along with maybe more fixes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bless 2 Success said:

Maybe the news on Thursday will be Jason X is the other huge content in the update besides Single Player Challenges

No.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@ShiftySamurai could you post last Thursday's announcement properly in 'About Friday the 13th: the game', when you have time. Maybe round up all the emote teases I.e. St.Patricks day gif. Thanks :)

3 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

If you COULD care less, then you care at least a little bit.

I never understood how people don't realize that... But when I explain it, I'm wrong...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Seriously, if they did release something that isn't finished just to hit some players' idea of a target date, the developers would be complete imbeciles. Most sane people are willing to wait for the product to be completed before being released. Nothing has been promised on the 13th. In the notes, all that was said was "April by the earliest." It was certain fans that came up with the idea that Friday was when the update was going to drop.

Nobody is asking for the full update (if the challenges aren't ready, then don't release it just yet). But they would be silly if they don't release at least the minor things (green suit for Roy, robot emote for AJ, weapon shifting) next Friday.

Seriously, if it's only a double XP weekend it's gonna be a lame Friday the 13th for the game. Last year they released Jason part IV and Jarvis House on Friday the 13th.

• Like 1

People, be patient, quit expecting something that was not promised. Just keep watching the lake. :j2:

33 minutes ago, AJViolet said:

it's gonna be a lame Friday the 13th for the game.

Image result for sad jason voorhees

22 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

After all the talk about salt mines, weapon swapping, single player challenges, dedicated servers and more, was the date definitely this Friday the13th? 

I have tons of friends and fans asking me and I have no confirmed date it’s just been assumption from people!

It was never said "We will release the update on 4/13/2018." It was said, however, that it was coming at the EARLIEST, in April. Everyone has assumed that April having a Friday the 13th, that that's the day. I would be happy to receive actual fixes to issues already present in the game than to receive content that is not fully tested and ready for release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJViolet said:

Nobody is asking for the full update (if the challenges aren't ready, then don't release it just yet). But they would be silly if they don't release at least the minor things (green suit for Roy, robot emote for AJ, weapon shifting) next Friday.

Seriously, if it's only a double XP weekend it's gonna be a lame Friday the 13th for the game. Last year they released Jason part IV and Jarvis House on Friday the 13th.

The entire game is getting updated.... it would be silly to work in anything to the current build of the game when it will be irrelevant as soon as the update comes out. That would be doing a job twice. Roy's green coveralls... just as a for instance... How much work would it take to incorporate it into the current build.... why bother with doing all that extra work which will be irrelevant when the update comes out? They cannot just copy and paste a rework into the update, it is a different game engine. It has already been stated that everything in game has to be touched up for the update. That is a lot of work. Be patient, give them the time required to get it right the first time. 
    As to Roy's green coveralls... it would be irrelevant to the game now and is just a cool bonus skin that fits Roy's coverall from the movie better. They were green, but under the lighting they used and particularly when he was soaked from the rain, they kind of did look blue. It was an easy mistake to make that would have slipped by all but the most die hard of fans... and those that understand the use of lighting for filming. For example, Frankenstein (1931), the monster's make up was green. This was used, with specific lighting to make the monster appear very pale on black and white film... he was not meant to be green, just pale. When the movie was colorized, the people doing the work did not know this and the monster was colored green simply because that was how the makeup was done... they did not look into why it was done in that color for a black and white movie.
    What you are asking for is double the work load for each thing you want put into the current build of the game. This would put an even bigger delay on the update. We do not know how long it will be until the update drops... IF it happened to be for this weekend, then that would be a lot of work for just a couple of days having Roy's green coveralls in the current build. It is not worth doing and if they were trying to do that, I would call it poor logistical skills. Their current plan, or what little has been explained to us shows that they do have some good logistical skills.... which is a rare thing in this world.