As you know, the game is already dying, at least on pc, the 90% of the player base are toxic and the devs are working on an update to add "epic perks" new emotes, and that weird system called The Salt Mines, that system will divide more and player base and in my personal opinion will end up killing the game, they just could implement a system to penalize the players who quit when they are alive in game, Why devs dont focus in revive the game, lowering the price, or I dont know fixing bugs, etc. I know the engine update will fix many things, thats good but they could focus and more things to bring back players and not dividing them with the salt mines. Its just my opinion, what is yours? do the devs really know their game?

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Troll go find a new bridge.

Well, hes not complaining about grabs.  So its technically its a new bridge

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Hi Darin, to answer your question, no.

Hahaha. :lol: But to answer the OP's question, no. Rage quitters are just as bad as the rest and should be divided away from the rest of us, maybe they learn their lesson and play the game as intended and get out. Either way I welcome this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Hahaha. :lol: But to answer the OP's question, no. Rage quitters are just as bad as the rest and should be divided away from the rest of us, maybe they learn their lesson and play the game as intended and get out. Either way I welcome this.

Learn to read, I suggested to penalize rage quitters, why work on a complex system like salt mines if we have barely players?

I don't think that's Darrin, there is punctuation and coherent sentences. And no the salt mines won't split the player base, it'll make trolls slow down or rid us of them all together. Also I believe the player base is only low on PC. I'm on Xbox and there is always 99+ game sessions to join. 

• Like 2

Did cheater/dunce cap lobbies divide the player base in GTA Online? Didnt think so. If it were up to me, rage-quitting a lobby would induce a time limit to que back up. I mean if people don't want to play the game, that could help them with that. This way I guess theyll still get to play. 

I just hope it takes a while to get out of the mines, thats assuming people can. I don't want them to be lenient like they were before with unbanning cheaters.

19 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Troll go find a new bridge.

I'm a troll because you cant face the reality about the game?, we are here to discuss about it, I want this game to improve not to die

8 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

4 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

I don't think that's Darrin, there is punctuation and coherent sentences. And no the salt mines won't split the player base, it'll make trolls slow down or rid us of them all together. Also I believe the player base is only low on PC. I'm on Xbox and there is always 99+ game sessions to join. 

so I'm glad to hear the player base is good in consoles, so it will not be a problem for you console guys, I'm on steam sadly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

Learn to read, I suggested to penalize rage quitters, why work on a complex system like salt mines if we have barely players?

You know putting people into a separate lobby isnt hard right? Its just a different hopper like a different gametype playlist in other games. Dont make it sound like it will even be as bad as people getting separated due to DLCs and so on. This is just to get rid of the trash.

I think the salt mines mean well but it doesn’t solve the problem of people teaming with Jason. Now if you’re in a match full of cheaters, you’re gonna get penalized if you leave. And let’s be honest, reporting them to Jasonkillsbugs is tedious and does nothing. I guess you could just suicide though to leave the match since there’s no penalty for that right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doitagain said:

I think the salt mines mean well but it doesn’t solve the problem of people teaming with Jason. Now if you’re in a match full of cheaters, you’re gonna get penalized if you leave. And let’s be honest, reporting them to Jasonkillsbugs is tedious and does nothing. I guess you could just suicide though to leave the match since there’s no penalty for that right?

agree, there should be an in game report system that when it is triggered for a player it records automatically the reported player and send the video to a moderator, but that's another topic

1 minute ago, doitagain said:

They just really need to implement a kick to game chat like some games use. If you dont have a mic, oh well, you wont be effected. It'd keep people from talking without needing a walkie and make it harder for teamers to communicate.

Are there even that many bugs to fix in the PC version anymore? I don't see many...

The Salt Mines are at least addressing the quitting issue. The Devs must feel like they can't win. Every time somebody here points out a problem and they put up a fix somebody else complains about that fix...

Like the arguments of Jason's grab being over or underpowered in a constant loop...

Just now, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

agree, there should be an in game report system that when it is triggered for a player it records automatically the reported player and send the video to a moderator, but that's another topic

Where would this recorded play get captured? Are you going to capture it on the hosts console? If so how are you going to transmit it to the review staff? Are you going to record it on the dedicated servers that carry the game? If so do you have any idea how much processing power, and what size memory cache will be required to record and store video of every person playing?

@BrokenGrabJsonOP
   If the game was dying... everyone would be having a huge problem getting enough people into a lobby for a full match. This I have never seen happen... yet. If you are psychic and have foreseen the game's actual death, please inform us of the official date that the servers will shut down.... and this week's lottery numbers too.
   They are implementing a system to penalize players who quit the game while alive in game.... it is called the salt mines. As to how it will work.... by definition it will separate the player base into: Leavers and Non-leavers. In theory this will... over the course of a bit of time... allow the rest of us to play with people who do not constantly leave games when alive. Sounds good to me.... Should we reserve judgement until after the update and we have more information on how this actually works.... simple answer.... YES. The salt mines will probably be tweaked over time to help it work towards the direction it was meant to work in.
    As to lowering the price... if the game is selling above a certain number per week or month or whatever time frame they look at for this... why would they lower the price? The game does go on sale now and again and we see larger influx of newer players when this happens, but when a company is making money from their current policies.... why would they opt to make less money... that would be dumb.
    Reviving something that is not dead is an oxymoron. Incentives to bring back players that are not currently playing would be nice.... Should we reserve judgement until after the update and we have more information on this?..... simple answer.... YES.
    Fixing bugs? They are fixing bugs... as has been stated in the past, some bugs could not be fixed until the update was completed. Will there be new bugs with the update? More than likely, but they will be addressed as they are discovered. When the update is complete, they will have people to assign to this once again. Many people fuss over the bugs that have been in game for a while or even since the beginning... look back two sentences. Plus the fact that pretty much the entire team is working on the update right now, plus the illogical way of thinking that they should fix bugs in the current build while not considering they would have to fix them again after the update.... fixing things once just makes sense and shows some logistical skills that most people lack.

12 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

I'm a troll because you cant face the reality about the game, we are here to discuss about it, I want this game to improve not to die

Admitting you are a troll only confirms what everyone thinks upon reading your name. Facing reality is NOT what trolls are known for.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Where would this recorded play get captured? Are you going to capture it on the hosts console? If so how are you going to transmit it to the review staff? Are you going to record it on the dedicated servers that carry the game? If so do you have any idea how much processing power, and what size memory cache will be required to record and store video of every person playing?

a bot on the server, or the player himself can activate the recording, it wouldnt be in 1080p 60fps obviously

Just now, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

a bot on the server, or the player himself can activate the recording, it wouldnt be in 1080p 60fps obviously

So it would activate the recording when? After someone saw something that was shady? Or before because they suspect something shady might happen? Why wouldn't everyone just start the recorder, and spam the system?

5 minutes ago, shodan said:

The salt mines don’t penalize leavers on the PC, if you actually read the post regarding salt mines it penalizes host who leave games early causing the game to end. This only occurs on PS4 and Xbox

Not just hosts, but rage quitters that drop out because they were getting killed/not picked as Jason. It affects leavers in general outside of those that get the occasional connection timeout/drop

I was trying to delete my post I saw that they went back and better clarified that it includes all of that

2 hours ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

He is right, there is coherent sentence structure unless he has changed.

• Like 1