Sign in to follow this  
Casey Kasem

New way to utilize kills

I have been thinking of this for quite sometime. I am happy to see the new weapon swap system coming into play, how ever I have had a idea of how to utilize all kills in a different way. I find myself running through the map and I come across weapons that i recognize from the films and it gives me a idea. We have all those weaponless kills and I think wow, why not start Jason off with no weapon and utilize those none weapon kills and environmental kills while on the other hand putting his favorite weapons through out the map`and adding a more special feel to those weapon kills it would be a sort of earned feature for weapon kills. Adding a durability to the weapons and allowing Jason to choose his weapon in the middle of battle, So if he sees a machete he can grab it , but he can switch out for the pitchfork in the barn or pick up that spear from the graveyard etc..  It wouldn't add any extra work really, just simply taking the weapons away from Jason or let him keep the weapon but add durability to it, and allow it to be swapped out in the environment to add all those extra kills making it a more special part of the Game, because it solves the non weapon durability on Jason's weapon and gives Jason a whole new reason to look around the map. Just thought this sounded really cool.

freddyglove.png

Sounds cool, I don't think he needs to start weaponless, but I do like the idea of Jason being able to swap weapons as he finds them across the map. It would also be kind of neat if a counselor could pick up the weapon Jason dropped during a swap (Since a lot of the films tend to have the final girl or Tommy picking up his own weapon and using it against him). It's kind of a staple of the film series.

• Like 1

We could add the current weapon swap system AND add the weapons pick up system by adding a menu selection that allows you to start with a weapon or start weaponless and pick up whatever you find on the map!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Casey Kasem said:

I have been thinking of this for quite sometime. I am happy to see the new weapon swap system coming into play, how ever I have had a idea of how to utilize all kills in a different way. I find myself running through the map and I come across weapons that i recognize from the films and it gives me a idea. We have all those weaponless kills and I think wow, why not start Jason off with no weapon and utilize those none weapon kills and environmental kills while on the other hand putting his favorite weapons through out the map`and adding a more special feel to those weapon kills it would be a sort of earned feature for weapon kills. Adding a durability to the weapons and allowing Jason to choose his weapon in the middle of battle, So if he sees a machete he can grab it , but he can switch out for the pitchfork in the barn or pick up that spear from the graveyard etc..  It wouldn't add any extra work really, just simply taking the weapons away from Jason or let him keep the weapon but add durability to it, and allow it to be swapped out in the environment to add all those extra kills making it a more special part of the Game, because it solves the non weapon durability on Jason's weapon and gives Jason a whole new reason to look around the map. Just thought this sounded really cool.

Another idea w/ the weapon update is to give Jason complete new weapons rather than Part 8's fire axe or Part 4's Meat Cleaver Sword (That's not a regular cleaver if it's that fucking big lmao, who the hell breaks down a door with a regular cleaver.. Let's not forget the Garden Shears too.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Sounds cool, I don't think he needs to start weaponless, but I do like the idea of Jason being able to swap weapons as he finds them across the map. It would also be kind of neat if a counselor could pick up the weapon Jason dropped during a swap (Since a lot of the films tend to have the final girl or Tommy picking up his own weapon and using it against him). It's kind of a staple of the film series.

that is a awesome idea. yeah get the counselors involved with the weapon assortment ultimately giving them extra weapons as well.. And having the possibility for Jason to be killed with his own weapon.. Brilliant.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

We could add the current weapon swap system AND add the weapons pick up system by adding a menu selection that allows you to start with a weapon or start weaponless and pick up whatever you find on the map!

now that's what i am talking about man. yes leaving the already hyped weapon swap and giving even more to it. Very awesome idea :)

3 hours ago, Qcici said:

Another idea w/ the weapon update is to give Jason complete new weapons rather than Part 8's fire axe or Part 4's Meat Cleaver Sword (That's not a regular cleaver if it's that fucking big lmao, who the hell breaks down a door with a regular cleaver.. Let's not forget the Garden Shears too.)

hehe yeah the cleaver is rather large lol and the garden shears busting threw the doors makes me laugh every time.. Roy the angry barber..hehe lol we need more ideas to keep this going.. awesome replies guys thanks :)

16 hours ago, Qcici said:

I have a thread somewhere thinking of new weapons and their kills. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: here it is if anyone is interested http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17355-new-weapons-and-kills/?tab=comments#comment-242015