Mr. Blonde

This Game Has No Counselor Abilities? Why?

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

Aren't  perks pretty much Counselor abilities?

No. They’re perks, not abilities.

Just now, TiffanyIsBae said:

No. They’re perks, not abilities.

Defenitions of perks and abilities are pretty narrow and can be interchangeable. For example, the "ability" to repair faster works in the same context as the "perk" to repair faster. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Defenitions of perks and abilities are pretty narrow and can be interchangeable. For example, the "ability" to repair faster works in the same context as the "perk" to repair faster. 

LMAO that goes over a lot of people's head. Fact is some of these people are salty the devs buffed Jason on the last patch, and are whining for some kind of major buff to be handed back to them. They want this game to be heavily stacked against Jason because they can not stand dying and waiting to play again. Usually the kind of people who quit mid kill or if Jason is about to get them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

And what ideas you got? make every weapon 100% stun and remove Jason grab. You define a bitch.

oOh gUrL u bEtTa sNaTcH hO wEaVe, gUrL

On 4/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, Manny1985 said:

Aren't  perks pretty much Counselor abilities?

No.

Explain how perks make counselors feel unique and different when all counselors can equip any of the same perks... This is one of the dumbest arguments I've read in this thread for people that are against counselor abilities and more depth.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

No.

Explain how perks make counselors feel unique and different when all counselors can equip any of the same perks... This is one of the dumbest arguments I've read in this thread for people that are against counselor abilities and more depth.

I think this whole topic is dumb, counselors are there for Jason to kill them, period, Jason still loses badly in combat situations, and all counselors have the ability to knock Jason flat on his ass with one hit, where Jason has to slash multiple times to get some counselors just to limp, enough with this counselor ability’s crap, each counselor already has different ability’s just look at stats...  one are the same.

16 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I think this whole topic is dumb, counselors are there for Jason to kill them, period, Jason still loses badly in combat situations, and all counselors have the ability to knock Jason flat on his ass with one hit, where Jason has to slash multiple times to get some counselors just to limp, enough with this counselor ability’s crap, each counselor already has different ability’s just look at stats...  one are the same.

So you're implying these abilities would some how make counselors unkillable? Because other than that I don't see the point of your argument.

Also Jason has an instant kill, it's called grab. Try it.  It kills a counselor instantly and it out ranges any of the counselor melee attacks.

1 hour ago, Mr. Blonde said:

So you're implying these abilities would some how make counselors unkillable? Because other than that I don't see the point of your argument.

Also Jason has an instant kill, it's called grab. Try it.  It kills a counselor instantly and it out ranges any of the counselor melee attacks.

Not all grab kills are instant, and some require enough space to perform. The blatant counselor bias is obvious in some of these abilities. Plain and simple though, balance is fine, counselors need no buff, and just need to learn to play better as a team, or accept their fate as a Jason victim. Yes I know, there is no Jason mains, because of the fact all people play counselor more than Jason, which makes my point even more. I, as a counselor main, disagree with any buff to the counselors or nerfs to Jason.

25 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Not all grab kills are instant, and some require enough space to perform. The blatant counselor bias is obvious in some of these abilities. Plain and simple though, balance is fine, counselors need no buff, and just need to learn to play better as a team, or accept their fate as a Jason victim. Yes I know, there is no Jason mains, because of the fact all people play counselor more than Jason, which makes my point even more. I, as a counselor main, disagree with any buff to the counselors or nerfs to Jason.

Or... Why not fix hit detection on Jason's weapons and give counselors that special ability that was shown in beta to make them even more unique. It's a win win. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Or... Why not fix hit detection on Jason's weapons and give counselors that special ability that was shown in beta to make them even more unique. It's a win win. 

Because, again, I am against any balance change, or buff to counselors. They played with the abilities in development and realized obviously that it negated Jason having that OP feeling. Something they wanted to keep in game. Jason is supposed to be OP in some regards and leave a counselor feeling hopeless in a one on one or when being chased down. Those special abilities listed negate that and give more confidence to the counselor. Something we don't need to exacerbate any further, seeing how we have hunt squads already who play solely to go for the kill right out of the gate.

• Thanks 2

Some of these would be good, but...I feel that there would be at least 3 Jennys and 3 AJs per match with these abilities. The Jennys would all hide, and AJs would rarely be found until Jason trips over them.

3 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Because, again, I am against any balance change, or buff to counselors. They played with the abilities in development and realized obviously that it negated Jason having that OP feeling. Something they wanted to keep in game. Jason is supposed to be OP in some regards and leave a counselor feeling hopeless in a one on one or when being chased down. Those special abilities listed negate that and give more confidence to the counselor. Something we don't need to exacerbate any further, seeing how we have hunt squads already who play solely to go for the kill right out of the gate.

We are ALL counselor mains and 80% of your experience with F13 will be geared toward counselor gameplay. Making counselors play better and more fluidly and make them unique so when you play Adam and Fox you don’t feel like you’re playing the same character because they have a little personality and character unique to them would he nice. Nobody is saying flat out “buff counselors with abilities and nerf Jason”. People have suggested so many things and they make excuses like “people will just play 7 Buggzy’s” but yet they still say that about every character like “7 Jenny’s” and “7 AJ’s”, point is that people aren’t going to leave their main for another character simply because of an ability trait. The abilities should be unique to a counselor and that isn’t saying to make counselors win all the time. What people are also failing to realize is that in pretty much every horror movie ever made (F13 especially) is that the bad guy never wins and ends up defeated in the end, Jason was designed to die in a group of coordinated counselors...but the best of all Jason’s will find a way to kill everybody. No, Jason does not need a nerf and counselors do not need a buff, but have the counselors have uniqueness to their characters would be nice and I don’t understand why anybody is against it.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 12:25 PM, SUPAH JD said:

Man, just in a Tiffany's nature just to not let shit die?

That being said: I'm all for exclusive abilities. But it's a bit too late for that. Like, when you rolled for perks: only some characters should get certain things.

Fighting Back options should have been locked to Buggzy and Adam, really. Repair stuff for the nerds. You know, each councelor having a thing.

Then there's the argument "Well, what if someone dies!". Whelp. Guess you're screwed. I really don't know how I feel. Maybe each game should just allow people to make their own character at this point. 

I’ll go ahead and say the fight back limited to Adam and Buggzy is the stupidest idea ever. You see...I play F13 and DBD, and in DBD you can’t really fight back against the killer but you got two chances to escape a hook and on the third you are dead. It’s a fair trade off, although in this game it’s one grab and you are dead without a knife. It’s not a fair gameplay balance. I get the point that Deb and Tiffany wouldn’t do much fighting but they shouldn’t be completely helpless by their lonesome. Either way, Jenny and Fox would fight back and so would Vanessa. You can’t limit the combat system to only two counselors, especially when the stealth system isn’t great as @TiffanyIsBae and myself have complained about for a long time. If Deb and Tiffany shouldn’t be able to fight back then rework the stealth system to make them harder to find and have a certain percentage of sense avoidance as a passive trait to their character based on their stat in sense. Oh, but that would be “too OP” right? It’s not like Jason can’t just toggle sense and the RNG can just spot the counselors anyways. Stealth and strength need to be reworked period. Everything could use some polishing but some things point just want to stay the same so the counselors are crash test dummies ?

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 6:01 PM, Mr. Blonde said:

I don't understand why? So many other multiplayer games have unique character passives that makes things more interesting and allows individual characters to bring more to the game than just basic stats.

Someone explain why Friday the 13th developers didn't add the same diversity to their characters and why this should not be added in the next patch?

Buggzy - One Man Army - After 30 seconds of Buggzy holding a melee weapon, the next strike will automatically stun Jason with 100% success rate. When Jason is stunned by this effect, the timer will reset back to zero and Buggzy will be able to automatically generate a 100% successful stun again in 30 seconds. (this does not affect the general stun ratio and RNG of how stunning normally works and it does not stack with multiple Buggzy counselors)

AJ - Ghost - AJ cannot be detected by Sense and she is completely immune to it unless she is in full stage of fear.

Deborah - Escape Artist - When in a hiding spot, Deborah's breath can be held to last twice as long.

Vanessa - Professional School Athlete - Vanessa does not trip when jogging or running unless she is in full stage of fear.

Jenny - Final Girl - When Jenny becomes the last counselor alive, the remaining time to survive the night gets reduced by half.

Lachappa - Last Will - Any time that Lachappa's health drops low enough for him to enter the "limping" state, the limping effect will be delayed by 15 seconds.

Chad - Luckster - Empty drawers have a 50% chance to spawn an item when opened by Chad. (excluding pocket knives)

Fox - Rebuilder - Fox can fully repair any broken radios back to brand new.

Adam - Fighter - Adam's weapon cannot break when guarding against Jason's attacks.

Tiffany - Beach Star - Tiffany's swimming does not create any noise pings at all.

Shelly - Quiet As A Mouse - Shelly is completely muted when crouching and cannot make any noises or shriek sounds.

Kenny - Secure Seal - Doors barricaded or locked by Kenny take one extra hit for all Jason's before they break down.

Mitch - Master Disguise - Bear traps placed by Mitch are invisible to the Jason player only.

Victoria - Privileged - Victoria enters and exists any of the passenger seats to a vehicle (cars or boat) 50% faster than all other counselors.

Jason is the main star or big star that’s fine but counselor need special ability

4 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Special abilities should be helpful and make counselors more diverse, than just fixers, protectors, and runners. No they shouldn’t make Jason underwhelming, that can be easily balanced and preventable. Counselors have their share of issues, especially if you’re not playing Vanessa or Chad. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

No.

Doesn’t there stats make them unique? Perks and abilities are the same thing. Perks make them unique by either amplifying there strengths or fixing their weakness. I don’t think it’s dumb. The only thing I find silly are people who say they will never play this game and or never use this forum again , yet they just contradict thrnselves

5 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Doesn’t there stats make them unique? Perks and abilities are the same thing. Perks make them unique by either amplifying there strengths or fixing their weakness. I don’t think it’s dumb. The only thing I find silly are people who say they will never play this game and or never use this forum again , yet they just contradict thrnselves

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Make  counselors unlikeable ? Lol!! The whole fun of it is liking to see them die, you probably have never seen a Friday the 13th movie in an actual theatre, people cheer for Jason to kill ... this game is based off the movie, although not everything can be spot on, that is one part of the game that should always be consistent.

You just seem like one of those people who think you always have to escape, along with the other crybabies who have counselors as their avitars and screen names ... Which I find funny.

6 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I find it funny that some of the people who argue about Jason being to OP don’t even own the game, they watch it on stream or YouTube LOL!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I find it funny that some of the people who argue about Jason being to OP don’t even own the game, they watch it on stream or YouTube LOL!

Yeah I noticed that too. It is like they are holding out buying just because they want the counselors to be like the survivors in DBD and won't spend the money until Jason is nerfed into oblivion. I say fuck 'em, we do not want or need them in the player base anyways.

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah I noticed that too. It is like they are holding out buying just because they want the counselors to be like the survivors in DBD and won't spend the money until Jason is nerfed into oblivion. I say fuck 'em, we do not want or need them in the player base anyways.

It's not like there was much of a Player Base to begin with. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

It's not like there was much of a Player Base to begin with. 

True. But the game doesn't need to fuck over those of us that bought it for what it is, to bring in new folks. Fuck 'em. This game was made for Friday the 13th fans, by Friday the 13th fans. No need to appeal to every other player base. They either want it for what it is, or they can go play something else. Case in point, I don't buy games in hopes of them becoming something else. I play Metal Gear Solid for that, not to play Splinter Cell or Call of Duty, but to play Metal Gear Solid.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

True. But the game doesn't need to fuck over those of us that bought it for what it is, to bring in new folks. Fuck 'em. This game was made for Friday the 13th fans, by Friday the 13th fans. No need to appeal to every other player base. They either want it for what it is, or they can go play something else. Case in point, I don't buy games in hopes of them becoming something else. I play Metal Gear Solid for that, not to play Splinter Cell or Call of Duty, but to play Metal Gear Solid.

Bingo! Exactly, the thing is all the crybabies (with counselor aviators LOL!) think this game is about “winning” like it was a game that has cars and races, they complained enough to where the devs nerfed the shit out of Jason , this is whe most of the crybabies started playing the game. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that Jason was at his weakest around Christmas time when all the whiners got the game, it was to cater to them, not the people who backed the game a year before it was out...  Jason was given back some of his power(still not what it was at launch,) the whiners think they can sway it back.... not gonna happen, if anything Jason will be more OP when the game works like it should.

I clear the lobby 8 times out of 10, but I still think Jason gets stunned and beat up way to easy.

20 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

While I agree with this it is important to understand that at the end of the day this is a product that the developers put out to the gaming community and that it costs money to keep the servers up, release content, ect. 

The sad thing is that not even half of the Friday the 13th fans are buying and playing this game. 

On 4/8/2018 at 9:31 PM, Mr. Blonde said:

Yes, but explain how any of these counselor abilities would make the counselors "too stacked". If anything, they provide a slight bonus when playing a specific counselor, and nothing more.

Counselors are heavily underpowered a majority of the time in Quick Play anyway. So counselor abilities would help balance the game actually.

Why does no one understand what "balance" is in an Asymmetrical survival horror? Work as a team, your odds go up. Don't wanna do that? Sucks to be you. The game doesn't need to be tipped to accommodate you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1