Mr. Blonde

This Game Has No Counselor Abilities? Why?

I don't understand why? So many other multiplayer games have unique character passives that makes things more interesting and allows individual characters to bring more to the game than just basic stats.

Someone explain why Friday the 13th developers didn't add the same diversity to their characters and why this should not be added in the next patch?

Buggzy - One Man Army - After 30 seconds of Buggzy holding a melee weapon, the next strike will automatically stun Jason with 100% success rate. When Jason is stunned by this effect, the timer will reset back to zero and Buggzy will be able to automatically generate a 100% successful stun again in 30 seconds. (this does not affect the general stun ratio and RNG of how stunning normally works and it does not stack with multiple Buggzy counselors)

AJ - Ghost - AJ cannot be detected by Sense and she is completely immune to it unless she is in full stage of fear.

Deborah - Escape Artist - When in a hiding spot, Deborah's breath can be held to last twice as long.

Vanessa - Professional School Athlete - Vanessa does not trip when jogging or running unless she is in full stage of fear.

Jenny - Final Girl - When Jenny becomes the last counselor alive, the remaining time to survive the night gets reduced by half.

Lachappa - Last Will - Any time that Lachappa's health drops low enough for him to enter the "limping" state, the limping effect will be delayed by 15 seconds.

Chad - Luckster - Empty drawers have a 50% chance to spawn an item when opened by Chad. (excluding pocket knives)

Fox - Rebuilder - Fox can fully repair any broken radios back to brand new.

Adam - Fighter - Adam's weapon cannot break when guarding against Jason's attacks.

Tiffany - Beach Star - Tiffany's swimming does not create any noise pings at all.

Shelly - Quiet As A Mouse - Shelly is completely muted when crouching and cannot make any noises or shriek sounds.

Kenny - Secure Seal - Doors barricaded or locked by Kenny take one extra hit for all Jason's before they break down.

Mitch - Master Disguise - Bear traps placed by Mitch are invisible to the Jason player only.

Victoria - Privileged - Victoria enters and exists any of the passenger seats to a vehicle (cars or boat) 50% faster than all other counselors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

because this game is only about Jason, this is Friday the 13th what is wrong with you

Everyone is forced to play as counselors 90% of the time they play this game. No one cares if you are a this Jason myth main because you cannot 'main' something you cannot play all of the time.

Counselor mains exist in this game. Jason mains? No.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Everyone is forced to play as counselors 90% of the time they play this game. No one cares if you are a this Jason myth main because you cannot main something you can't play all of the time.

True. But many of us want it to be as close to friday the 13th as possible, not like every other multiplayer game out there. I don't see making the counselors too stacked, as the teens in the movies weren't stacked brutes who could beat up on Jason. Not sure what the original system was, not sure why they removed it either, but I definitely do not want it to become dead by daylight where the survivors become damn near invincible the higher their level.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Despite the fact the counselor's were designed around getting eaten by Jason, they really don't need any thing else.   I'd rather they do something to entices more players to change their prefers to Jason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I like the idea of counselors having unique abilities, but I've also seen so many times where Jason takes a beating of a lifetime, do idk. As much as I like this and how it gives such flavor to the counselors (who we mostly play when in groups) I just worry about Jason taking even more of a harder beating.

21 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

True. But many of us want it to be as close to friday the 13th as possible, not like every other multiplayer game out there. I don't see making the counselors too stacked, as the teens in the movies weren't stacked brutes who could beat up on Jason. Not sure what the original system was, not sure why they removed it either, but I definitely do not want it to become dead by daylight where the survivors become damn near invincible the higher their level.

Yes, but explain how any of these counselor abilities would make the counselors "too stacked". If anything, they provide a slight bonus when playing a specific counselor, and nothing more.

Counselors are heavily underpowered a majority of the time in Quick Play anyway. So counselor abilities would help balance the game actually.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Yes, but explain how any of these counselor abilities would make the counselors "too stacked". If anything, they provide a slight bonus when playing a specific counselor, and nothing more.

Counselors are heavily underpowered a majority of the time in Quick Play anyway. So counselor abilities would help balance the game actually.

I like the idea of updating the perks and giving some kind of ability, but not if it takes it back to when Jason was a pinata and yoga mat like the last patch. And currently the counselors aren't way underpowered, they still can make Jason look a fool if they coordinate. I think people wanting 50/50 balance in a 7v1 asymmetrical game, do not really understand you can't have that kind of balance. Jason is supposed to be a brutal killer, who is damn near impossible to take out. It should be hard, very hard. Still, I like some of how DBD has their perks and loadouts set up. The only problem with them is they become damn near invincible to the killer once they rank up, and I don't think that they should have anything that will push it in the same direction at all.

Edit: Bugzy with 100% stun chance, would lead to a lobby full of bugzys running around abusing Jason like a red headed step child. That is way too overpowered.

As well as the Chad ability and the Vanessa not stumbling. That bitch can be a real pain to catch as it is.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I wouldn't mind just something to differentiate the each counselor more, like varied swing speeds, but giving them "special abilities" may be a bit overkill, especially "Chad - Luckster - Empty drawers have a 50% chance to spawn an item when opened by Chad."  A smart lobby would allow Chads to loot everything, dropping all extra items.  Pk and Meds would be even far worse than it was last patch :blink:

10 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Be careful there, don't become another Dory! :P

Here's an idea... Create a whole new game where the counselors have different abilities, dance fighting free for alls with bonuses where Jason dangles from a disco ball and everyone hit him like a pinata where rare emotes and special twerk abilities fall out! Counselors can emote to their hearts content and have all the advantage over Jason. Meanwhile, for those of us who want what the title of THIS game emplies, add an option to either Jason main or counselor main or random. Keep it in line with the movies as it's meant to be & Problem solved! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I agree. Counselors should have passives not abilities, much easier to balance and make. 

Tiffany - Composure is Increased when ever she’s near an ally. She also makes her and the ally get the ability to be avoidable to sense (canceled if they have any fear)

Fox and Adam - The ability to start the car much faster, and gives the car increased speed whenever they drive. 

Deborah and Eric - The ability to see car parts when they’re are at a certain range. 

Jenny - Increased stun chance and attack speed when ever she’s the last person alive. 

Vanessa - Decrease chance of stumbling. 

Buggzy - Takes decreased damage to any source, after taking any damage to Jason his stun durations are Increased. 

Shelly - Unable to make any noise while crouching. 

Mitch - His composure decreases much faster. 

AJ  - Ability to fix radios, and gains stamina faster when ever near one. 

Chad - Chad has increased durability to all his weapons when at high fear.

Kenny - Counselors near him gain increased damage and stealth. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

because this game is only about Jason, this is Friday the 13th the game

there were counsellors in those movies too, in fact they got more screen time than Jason. Yes, Jason is the glue that holds it all together, but it isn't all about him. Furthermore, this is an online game. In single player you will only be able to play as Jason, making it more about him. If you want a pure Jason only simulator then just wait for that.

no, counsellors don't need special abilities, at least not those ones (great idea for Buggzy though- but I'd give it to Adam) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CPLhicks31 said:

there were counsellors in those movies too, in fact they got more screen time than Jason. Yes, Jason is the glue that holds it all together, but it isn't all about him. Furthermore, this is an online game. In single player you will only be able to play as Jason, making it more about him. If you want a pure Jason only simulator then just wait for that.

no, counsellors don't need special abilities, at least not those ones (great idea for Buggzy though- but I'd give it to Adam) 

Once again, I agree. 

simple as this counselors don't need it the game for counselors is decision making things like stunning Jason is easy you just have to time it right

Let's face it, the CP system sucks. Removing perks altogether in favor of special abilities tied to counselors would do wonders towards giving each individual counselor a bit more of personality and flavor. Not to the mention it would also make it easier to balance the counselors. A character that is already powerful stats-wise (I'm looking at you, Vanessa) could do with a simple ability, while the underpicked ones could have something cool to make up for their bad stats.

Also the Jason kills could be unlocked by leveling up, like the Jasons and the counselors already are. Geez, we could really do away with the CP system.

• Like 1

DBD had survivor specific perks once....then they were teachable and became moot....How is that different than the perk system we have again?

IDK about passive abilities tied to each individual counselor to be honest. They already have different strengths/weaknesses in their overall builds so its kind of redundant to me. Each Jason pulls from the same pool of stats which are strengths/weaknesses to differentiate them so it makes sense to keep it the same from a counselor standpoint to me.

What I would absolutely like to see though is a tree for the different perks and skills as opposed to the lottery system we have now. Or even a way to develop them over time as opposed to just simply randomly ending up with an epic version of a perk you'll never use. That would in my opinion be a better use of time to implement into the game than trying to come up with a special skill for each counselor.

• Like 1

Nah, we've been through this before. Perk up your counselors, they now have abilities. Works for me. I do ok as is, and if they would give abilities to some guys like @malloymk they would NEVER die! Or, if we give counselors some candy then Jason needs some too! Do we really want Jason players like @RustInPeace having more stuff to kill us with to "balance" that? NO!

@Mr. Blonde the counselors don't need any special abilites, with a well coordinated team. The counselors can become a real problem for a Jason player that doesn't know what they are doing.

Now! Imagine a team of well coordinated, ability enhanced bunch of counselors taking on Jason.. I don't think it will end well for Mr Voorhess now would it?

Buggzy with 100% stun increase? Good night Jason.

Chad with 100% item increase? Well guess grabbing will be a thing of the past.. Again!

The devs have just about managed to bring some form of balance to the counselors, why would you want to change this?

Imo, the game is balanced right now. I don't see the point in adding abilites for the counselors, i mean. They are suppose too be normal human beings, not the fing Justice league. 

• Like 3

Idk I like that Jason has the upper hand against the counsellors. They already have certain abilities and weaknesses with the stats and perks. you just have to know how to use them correctly. Anymore would be too much. I like how it's hard for the counsellors against a good Jason. It's like the movie. 

19 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I wouldn't mind just something to differentiate the each counselor more, like varied swing speeds, but giving them "special abilities" may be a bit overkill, especially "Chad - Luckster - Empty drawers have a 50% chance to spawn an item when opened by Chad."  A smart lobby would allow Chads to loot everything, dropping all extra items.  Pk and Meds would be even far worse than it was last patch :blink:

Be careful there, don't become another Dory! :P

5 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

@Mr. Blonde the counselors don't need any special abilites, with a well coordinated team. The counselors can become a real problem for a Jason player that doesn't know what they are doing.

Now! Imagine a team of well coordinated, ability enhanced bunch of counselors taking on Jason.. I don't think it will end well for Mr Voorhess now would it?

Buggzy with 100% stun increase? Good night Jason.

Chad with 100% item increase? Well guess grabbing will be a thing of the past.. Again!

The devs have just about managed to bring some form of balance to the counselors, why would you want to change this?

Imo, the game is balanced right now. I don't see the point in adding abilites for the counselors, i mean. They are suppose too be normal human beings, not the fing Justice league. 

19 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Edit: Bugzy with 100% stun chance, would lead to a lobby full of bugzys running around abusing Jason like a red headed step child. That is way too overpowered.

As well as the Chad ability and the Vanessa not stumbling. That bitch can be a real pain to catch as it is.

Pocket knives are limited max to 3-4 per map. They don't count as generic items that can spawn so it wouldn't count for Chad's ability.

And Buggzy 100% stun rate is once every 30 seconds. What are you going to do, stun Jason and then run around like a headless chicken for 30 seconds hoping you don't get grabbed until your ability refreshes back to 30 seconds? Not a very likely scenario to happen.

And there's no reason Vanessa should ever be stumbling unless she's afraid out of her mind. You guys do know that she is a track star, right? She runs miles and miles a day and knows her footing better than any of the counselors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Pocket knives are limited max to 3-4 per map. They don't count as generic items that can spawn so it wouldn't count for Chad's ability.

And Buggzy 100% stun rate is once every 30 seconds. What are you going to do, stun Jason and then run around like a headless chicken for 30 seconds hoping you don't get grabbed until your ability refreshes back to 30 seconds? Not a very likely scenario to happen.

And there's no reason Vanessa should ever be stumbling unless she's afraid out of her mind. You guys do know that she is a track star, right? She runs miles and miles a day and knows her footing better than any of the counselors.

Did you read my reply? If you have a whole lobby of Bugzy's (which would inevitably would be the case) Then they would take turns knocking him around like a red headed step child. As for Vanessa, anyone can trip or stumble, track star or not. I have been walking and running for about 29 years now, and can trip or stumble at any given time, especially running around in the woods at night. Her not stumbling ever is just not realistic, especially since she isn't on the track when Jason is chasing her down.

• Like 1