Jump to content
The Gunslinger

We got all the info for the next update.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey everyone, it was my intention to have this posted up to all of the major places - forums > reddit > Twitter > Facebook - but I miscommunications that to the team. That’s on me.

Unfortunately I do not have my laptop with me while at the show floor, and I was coordinating over the terrible LTE network that was a little overworked at the expo. 

There is some extra info to go along with this, though, and that is that each Single Player Challenge has three Skull Objectives, on top of multiple Challenge-specific objectives, for XP score, being undetected, and eliminating all counselors. For each Skull Objective you complete, you unlock a specific Emote. 

We do realize that not everyone is a fan of emotes, but we think that they can be fun to use and there’s no harm in having them. Especially when they don’t cost our players any extra money. 

Plus, everyone gets AJ’s interpretation of Violet’s dance (useable on any counselor, yes, even Chad), and it’s the best thing ever. 

Again, sorry for my miscommunication!

 

Edit: have you seen a dancing Chad get hit in the face with a throwing knife? That shit is hilarious. 

Thanks for the reach out. Like i had said, i understand tired, time off, etc. My problem lies with other's handling of things, i have been pleased with how you and Gertz took the brunt of the dumpster fires and stepped up in trying to fix other's past failings. My ire has been with others, and the constant delay on certain things, while being given emotes etc. Things many of us care nothing for, or see as frivolous until the engine update, dedicated servers, and the rest of single player. Again, thanks for you reaching out and showing that some of us are actually heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kitcat said:

Yas!! I don't care if a serial killer is trying to kill me. I'll dance. LOL 

giphy.gif

Totally agree!

 

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Edit: have you seen a dancing Chad get hit in the face with a throwing knife? That shit is hilarious. 

:chadwut: Why you gotta pick on my boy Chad?

(even if it is true lol)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kitcat said:

Yas!! I don't care if a serial killer is trying to kill me. I'll dance. LOL 

giphy.gif

? YAASSS BITCH PREACH IT

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DorianRo said:

good teams of counselors generally only exist in Private Match.  They don't exist in QP.  If they do it would be like finding a needle in a haystack .  I didn't play for a month and whiped out 2 lobbies quick in about 10 minutes each.  Take a break from any other game and rust will show.  This game, you can take 6 months off probably and still wipe out most lobbies quick 

 

 

This game is so friggin Unbalanced its ridiculous 

Balancing a game around the lowest skilled players is NOT how you balance a game. That's like putting guard rails on a bowling lane during a tournament so the people who never play can come off the street and compete and have a "fair chance" against pros. It's ludicrious logic.

ANY game will always have garbage players in quick play who get dominated by pro players. That's LIFE. Whether you're playing Checkers with your Grandma or playing Basketball on the street with the local kids, if you don't take the time to learn how to play, you get wrecked.

It's up to the player to care to improve. If they don't want to, that's fine. But then they should accept losing to better players or go play with other low skill players.

Jason is a joke as it is. Good players can troll the shit out of him. But at least a GOOD Jason has a CHANCE currently. He just has to put in a LOT of effort. Nerfing him to increase survival rates of low skill players just brings us back to the last patch where low skill players t-bagged and bullied Jason while NO ONE wanted to play Jason because he was absolute trash where even a good Jason could get killed by shitty players.

So complaining about balance while actively asking for WORSE balance changes is inane.

At some point, players need to take the responsibility on themselves to learn how to play a game instead of expecting the game to be dumbed down constantly to accomodate them and give them an auto-win button.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Balancing a game around the lowest skilled players is NOT how you balance a game. That's like putting guard rails on a bowling lane during a tournament so the people who never play can come off the street and compete and have a "fair chance" against pros. It's ludicrious logic.

ANY game will always have garbage players in quick play who get dominated by pro players.

It's up to the player to care to improve. If they don't want to, that's fine. But then they should accept losing to better players or go play with other low skill players.

Jason is a joke as it is. Good players can troll the shit out of him. But at least a GOOD Jason has a CHANCE currently. He just has to put in a LOT of effort. Nerfing him to increase survival rates of low skill players just brings us back to the last patch where low skill players t-bagged and bullied Jason while NO ONE wanted to play Jason because he was absolute trash where even a good Jason could get killed by shitty players.

So complaining about balance while actively asking for WORSE balance changes is inane.

At some point, players need to take the responsibility on themselves to learn how to play a game instead of expecting the game to be dumbed down constantly to accomodate them and give them an auto-win button.

This i agree with 100% as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kitcat said:

Yas!! I don't care if a serial killer is trying to kill me. I'll dance. LOL 

giphy.gif

"Were just like Kevin Bacon!" - Gamora

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ShiftySamurai

I see harm in how the dancing emotes are currently.

We have a game where chain-stunning is possible and dancing emotes are favoured by trolls and exploiters. It degrades the game, destroys immersion and benefits griefers predominantly.

All dancing emotes should have a stamina cost. I would have no issues with dancing emotes then. Taunting Jason by dancing should come with risk- that should be obvious.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

@ShiftySamurai

I see harm in how the dancing emotes are currently.

We have a game where chain-stunning is possible and dancing emotes are favoured by trolls and exploiters. It degrades the game, destroys immersion and benefits griefers predominantly.

All dancing emotes should have a stamina cost. I would have no issues with dancing emotes then. Taunting Jason by dancing should come with risk- that should be obvious.

100 percent. Sure, by all means taunt Jason (that happened in the movies a couple of times) but yes, there should most definitely be a risk element involved. 

Otherwise they're just stupidly tacked on game emotes that are external to the gameplay world itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the taunts like the superhero pose can't get cancelled. Maybe that'd work for dance emotes aswell, as in you can't cancel the animation until you have completed at least one complete loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

100 percent. Sure, by all means taunt Jason (that happened in the movies a couple of times) but yes, there should most definitely be a risk element involved. 

Otherwise they're just stupidly tacked on game emotes that are external to the gameplay world itself. 

 

27 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@ShiftySamurai

I see harm in how the dancing emotes are currently.

We have a game where chain-stunning is possible and dancing emotes are favoured by trolls and exploiters. It degrades the game, destroys immersion and benefits griefers predominantly.

All dancing emotes should have a stamina cost. I would have no issues with dancing emotes then. Taunting Jason by dancing should come with risk- that should be obvious.

Had never thought about that solution, i could get behind this one as well. Anything to negate the match long dance offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that idea, too. Maybe an easy way to apply it rather than an emote-by-emote basis would be that all emotes cost stamina the longer they're active, so that a simple wave of the hand or whatever doesn't incur much, whereas doing the truffle shuffle for ten seconds over Jason's body means you're gonna be out of puff when he gets back up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@ShiftySamurai

I see harm in how the dancing emotes are currently.

We have a game where chain-stunning is possible and dancing emotes are favoured by trolls and exploiters. It degrades the game, destroys immersion and benefits griefers predominantly.

All dancing emotes should have a stamina cost. I would have no issues with dancing emotes then. Taunting Jason by dancing should come with risk- that should be obvious.

Great solution, then everyone will just go back to t-bagging Jason when they knock him on his ass. Where's your immersion there?

You can't stop people from griefing or taunting. People do it in EVERY game. 

I'll say it again, if you don't like the emotes, and they break your immersion, play with like minded individuals who don't use them in private matches. Problem solved.

Don't try to police others to enforce your personal rules on everyone elses game. You guys who hate the dance emotes are definitely in the minority.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Great solution, then everyone will just go back to t-bagging Jason when they knock him on his ass. Where's your immersion there?

You can't stop people from griefing or taunting. People do it in EVERY game. 

I'll say it again, if you don't like the emotes, and they break your immersion, play with like minded individuals who don't use them in private matches. Problem solved.

Don't try to police others to enforce your personal rules on everyone elses game. You guys who hate the dance emotes are definitely in the minority.

while yes private matches are funner  but most players that play this most likely don't have the time for getting a private match together so for most qp is the only option so in this instance people have a right to be upset over this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@Splatterhouse

Exactly. As is, they serve little to no purpose. A stamina cost makes sense.

That was already suggested. There were actually people going like how stupid this would be because it is unrealistic. weeee. But yeah, this could help. alot,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, news about emotes is horrible news. Sometimes no news is good news lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey everyone, it was my intention to have this posted up to all of the major places - forums > reddit > Twitter > Facebook - but I miscommunications that to the team. That’s on me.

Unfortunately I do not have my laptop with me while at the show floor, and I was coordinating over the terrible LTE network that was a little overworked at the expo. 

There is some extra info to go along with this, though, and that is that each Single Player Challenge has three Skull Objectives, on top of multiple Challenge-specific objectives, for XP score, being undetected, and eliminating all counselors. For each Skull Objective you complete, you unlock a specific Emote. 

We do realize that not everyone is a fan of emotes, but we think that they can be fun to use and there’s no harm in having them. Especially when they don’t cost our players any extra money. 

Plus, everyone gets AJ’s interpretation of Violet’s dance (useable on any counselor, yes, even Chad), and it’s the best thing ever. 

Again, sorry for my miscommunication!

 

Edit: have you seen a dancing Chad get hit in the face with a throwing knife? That shit is hilarious. 

Thank you for the post, Shifty. I love the emotes and think they are a lot of fun as well :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see some 'practical' emotes, like ones non-mic users could use in game. A 'follow me' emote or a 'pick that up' point. (I know there are already some basic ones like that).

I'd also like to see a proper Jason taunt, like Tommy's 'Jason, I'm here! Come and get me!' from Part VI. You could use it to try and taunt him to chase you instead of other counsellors who could, say, fix the car while you try and lure Jason away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Veevleigh said:

I'd like to see some 'practical' emotes, like ones non-mic users could use in game. A 'follow me' emote or a 'pick that up' point. (I know there are already some basic ones like that).

I'd also like to see a proper Jason taunt, like Tommy's 'Jason, I'm here! Come and get me!' from Part VI. You could use it to try and taunt him to chase you instead of other counsellors who could, say, fix the car while you try and lure Jason away.

They already had those, there were two sets the basic ones where you can tell people to follow you or be quiet and then there’s the premium pack for 1.99 that has the dance emotes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shodan said:

They already had those, there were two sets the basic ones where you can tell people to follow you or be quiet and then there’s the premium pack for 1.99 that has the dance emotes.

Yeah, I'd like to see the basic ones expanded for more situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Veevleigh said:

I'd like to see some 'practical' emotes, like ones non-mic users could use in game. A 'follow me' emote or a 'pick that up' point. (I know there are already some basic ones like that).

I'd also like to see a proper Jason taunt, like Tommy's 'Jason, I'm here! Come and get me!' from Part VI. You could use it to try and taunt him to chase you instead of other counsellors who could, say, fix the car while you try and lure Jason away.

thats what emotes should be for practical use but sadly there not

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

while yes private matches are funner  but most players that play this most likely don't have the time for getting a private match together so for most qp is the only option so in this instance people have a right to be upset over this

You're misunderstanding the point. A lot of you guys want to use the RANDOM Matchmaking of Quickplay because it's convenient. 

But then you don't want the RANDOM aspects of it. Some complain about balance needing to adhere to QP skill levels, Emotes ruining immersion in QP, people not communicating or working together, people stealing cars or not doing objectives etc.

If you play in a RANDOM matchmaking system, you get stuck with RANDOM people doing RANDOM things that may not make you happy. That's life.

It's like playing quick play on an FPS and then complaining your teammates suck. That is literaly how RANDOM matchmaking works. If you want a guaranteed "good" teammate, you make friends and play together.

Wanting Emotes gone or limited to appease you personally in your RANDOM experiences because you don't have the time or care to customize your own matches is honestly your problem, no one elses.

Again, you can't police everyone elses games because you want everyone to play your way but want the convenience of not having to actually do the work to run lobbies that COULD enforce those rules....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

"Were just like Kevin Bacon!" - Gamora

Oh, I love Guardians! :D 

Emotes paid with money having a stamina coast? Hell no. What about a "boring lobby" for people that can't stand some fun? Private matches exist for a reason. Use it.

@ikarikh Preach! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Oh, I love Guardians! :D 

Emotes paid with money having a stamina coast? Hell no. What about a "boring lobby" for people that can't stand some fun? Private matches exist for a reason. Use it.

DDR exists for a reason. Use it. The cooldown idea is way better anyways. have them looped like the other emotes so you can´t cancel them once started.

Also private matches on PC are not an option. You need to be in contact outside of the game. No system like PS and Xbox have.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...