The Gunslinger

We got all the info for the next update.

13 minutes ago, Truth said:

@HuDawg I think that opinion is more situational though. Dancing on Jason may look stupid, but dancing in front of the radio is completely rational. If the visual aspect of it is your problem, then surely the Halloween costumes are more appalling, right?

Well i love dancing in front of radios.   Halloween Costumes to me is just different flavors of counselors to kill. 

But dance spam infront of Jason...  Well, its hard to find anything positive about that

29 minutes ago, Truth said:

He definitely shouldn't be able to grab while he's stunned though.  That would just be BS...

I still fail to see your logic. But, of course . . . 

xTbg6VL.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I still fail to see your logic. But, of course . . . 

Well by YOUR logic then, we should be able to grab while he's in a standing stun, right?

If he's stunned, he shouldn't be able to do anything but tap out of the stun. Once he's out, he can do what he wants.

Adding a 2 second buffer before he can grab (regardless if he's still stunned) then we still know exactly how long we can get away with it. It will just shorten the time you're getting danced on. If it depends on how fast that specific player can tap the button, it's a guessing game and you'll never know exactly how long you're safe.

Maybe make it so the last button press that gets you out of the stun automatically triggers the grab if a counselor is still within range?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well by YOUR logic then, we should be able to grab while he's in a standing stun, right?

Noper. I said this:

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I am very much for a grab option that allows Jason to instantly grab a counselor near him while lying prone on the ground.

It wouldn't apply to standing stuns. You can't T-bag a standing stun.

6 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Noper. I said this:

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You can't T-bag a standing stun.

Way i see it.   Only shotguns should knock Jason to the ground.  

Everything else should be standing stuns.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Either way, I disagree. He shouldn't be able to grab while stunned. That defeats the whole purpose of stunning him...

Thread title is misleading, you don't have all info on the update, because you'd post the release date.:JasonPt3:

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Way i see it.   Only shotguns should knock Jason to the ground.  

Everything else should be standing stuns.

Well, that's neither here nor there. The point is to deter T-bagging and dancing over Jason, as it ruins immersion.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Either way, I disagree. He shouldn't be able to grab while stunned. That defeats the whole purpose of stunning him...

Riddle me this, Batman: can you imagine someone trying to T-bag a prone Jason, or dancing over him arrogantly in a film?

I can.

But what do you think would happen next in the film?

I have a pretty good idea, and I bet you do, too.  ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

But what do you think would happen next in the film?

You mean AFTER he comes to, right? If he's knocked out, he's not grabbing. I believe it was part 4 where he got knocked out upstairs and grabbed someone (Trish?) as she walked past. AFTER he came to. She made the mistake of taking too long to "gtfo" (lol) and got grabbed for it. THAT makes sense. He didn't just grab her the second he dropped though.

I get the feeling your just bored and want to watch me squirm lol

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Well heres the thing..  Its not offending me..  Its not even taunting me.   It just looks stupid. 

Stupid looking things can ruin any game.  

Plenty of people think Chad in a speedo looks stupid and ruins their immersion. Should we do something about that too?

If our guideline for things that NEED to be fixed is "My friends and I think it looks stupid".....

Do I get to hijack a thread and have a multi-page argument demanding changes to things I think look stupid too if I get some of my friends to back me up and circlejerk our posts together too?

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Well heres the thing..  Its not offending me..  Its not even taunting me.   It just looks stupid. 

Stupid looking things can ruin any game.  

Plenty of people think Chad in a speedo looks stupid and ruins their immersion. Should we do something about that too?

If our guideline for things that NEED to be fixed is "My friends and I think it looks stupid".....

Do I get to hijack a thread and have a multi-page argument demanding changes to things I think look stupid too if I get some of my friends to back me up and circlejerk our posts together too?

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

You mean AFTER he comes to, right? If he's knocked out, he's not grabbing. I believe it was part 4 where he got knocked out upstairs and grabbed someone (Trish?) as she walked past. AFTER he came to. She made the mistake of taking too long to "gtfo" (lol) and got grabbed for it. THAT makes sense. He didn't just grab her the second he dropped though.

I get the feeling your just bored and want to watch me squirm lol

Nope. Just trying to come to a point of negotiation. We have lots of folks saying there should be an immediate grab, and lots of folks saying things shouldn't change. My meet-in-the-middle point was to give Jason a dart-up grab after two seconds of being laid out. I think that's fair.

Especially if it doesn't count against someone running past.

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

My meet-in-the-middle point was to give Jason a dart-up grab after two seconds of being laid out. I think that's fair.

And mine is to allow it after he taps out of the stun. There's no reason to allow him to exit the stun early. I think I understand your point a little better now though.

I think the 2 seconds COULD work, but only if that 2 seconds is triggered by the dance emote. Meaning he gets the full stun time unless there's someone dancing on him. I still don't agree with it being implemented, but IF your idea is, it should only work if someone is dancing in close proximity to Jason.

You could argue that crouching should trigger it too, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons why you would crouch near him.

10 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

..Chad does looks stupid in a speedo.  Which is a good thing.  These are 80's young adults.  They wear weird shit.. It makes sense and it DOESN"T RUIN IMMERSION AT ALL

Notice i how easily i answered that question^..  

But also.. Speedoes have nothing to do with dance spam being used around Jason non stop.  Thats a totally different thing.   Speedos make sense.. Dance spam around Jason doesn't.

Now your turn.  

Please tell me how a slight movement delay would ruin anything?     

If you can answer that question without dodging it and act over dramatic.. Thatd be cool.    

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

And mine is to allow it after he taps out of the stun. There's no reason to allow him to exit the stun early. I think I understand your point a little better now though.

I think the 2 seconds COULD work, but only if that 2 seconds is triggered by the dance emote. Meaning he gets the full stun time unless there's someone dancing on him. I still don't agree with it being implemented, but IF your idea is, it should only work if someone is dancing in close proximity to Jason.

You could argue that crouching should trigger it too, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons why you would crouch near him.

Yeah, I'm on board with this. Even if you are only begrudgingly so.  :D

8 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Yeah, I'm on board with this. Even if you are only begrudgingly so.  :D

I have to specify, THIS IS ONLY IF THEY GIVE IN AND DECIDE TO MESS WITH THE EMOTES. I still don't agree with anything being changed, but if they MUST, this would be a (somewhat) viable option. The grab AFTER the stun would still be the best option, and I wouldn't mind that at all.

26 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

..Chad does looks stupid in a speedo.  Which is a good thing.  These are 80's young adults.  They wear weird shit.. It makes sense and it DOESN"T RUIN IMMERSION AT ALL

Oh I see, so our guideline on what is stupid and ruins immersion is UP TO YOU. 

So when MULTIPLE people in this topic told you they had no issue with dancing, and you said it is an issue, that was cool and expected to be treated as fact. Everyone elses opinions be damned.

But when Chad in a speedo as an issue is brought up, you can flat out say "That's not an issue" and have the topic closed on the subject based solely on your personal opinion.

So you call the shots on what is and isn't an issue and whether you agree or disagree on anything.  You're the authority on everything.

It's almost like I called this shit pages ago with you guys ignoring everyone else while demanding YOU be heard. Hmmm.

Is this another one you're going to try to justify your hypocrisy on?

• Thanks 1

As long as you have stamina, you can run jason up and down the roads. I only go in cabins to lose fear and regain stamina.

It' not OP as jason. And there are plenty of good teams in QP matches.... its  called create a party.

28 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Chad in a speedo is an issue

Dude.. stop having to make me sift through your over dramatic replies.   I like talking about random shit, good, bad, ugly.  I don't care.    Its not that deep for me.  

Thing is, YOU still have NOT answered the simple question of.

Please tell me how a slight movement delay would ruin anything?  

^ See that question?

Why are you bringing up Chads Speedo?     Chill out hommie...

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Notice i how easily i answered that question^..  

But also.. Speedoes have nothing to do with dance spam being used around Jason non stop.  Thats a totally different thing.   Speedos make sense.. Dance spam around Jason doesn't.

I get this. I've started rewatching the movies it's been a a long while and the characters , getting completely naked swimming in the middle of the night and wearing bad 80s fashion.  So it kind of does fit in with the movies still when you see the councilors in speedos etc in this game. On the other hand  I never saw deliberate dancing in front of jason to taunt him. 

“People don’t taunt Jason in the movies  and nobody would do that in real life “

I’ve never seen Jason Kill a councilor by throwing them threw a window that is open and not broken because either but it’s fun and it’s a a video game ...Some of you are just mad because ...well...you just aren’t the that great. Also in movies people locked doors behind them and they communicated with eachother 

I’ve seen people here want the option to grab while in stun and those same people leave comment like “NICE TO SEE THEY ARE ADDIND MORE DANCES TO THE GAME INSTEAD OF MAKING JASON MORE POWERFUL (/sarcasm) “.

I feel like this game is balanced fine now .

20 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

“People don’t taunt Jason in the movies  and nobody would do that in real life “

I’ve never seen Jason Kill a councilor by throwing them threw a window that is open and not broken because either but it’s fun and it’s a a video game ...Some of you are just mad because ...well...you just aren’t the that great. 

From emote spam  being used to taunt Jason is some how linked to dying through a window.  Ya, its probably because try aren't that great.  That math totally adds up.

Im not a big fan of window kills.  But, what are you talking about. ??  :D

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Nope. Just trying to come to a point of negotiation. We have lots of folks saying there should be an immediate grab, and lots of folks saying things shouldn't change. My meet-in-the-middle point was to give Jason a dart-up grab after two seconds of being laid out. I think that's fair.

Especially if it doesn't count against someone running past.

Just put a hitbox on the ground around Jason when he's knocked down.  If the counselor is in it for more than a specific timeframe, Jason should go full Undertaker on their ass: the hand just shoots up from the ground and grabs their neck for an uninterruptable grab (with the exception of a pocketknife, of course).

Problem solved.  Did you knock Jason down in a doorway?  Tough shit, go through the window.

Edit: it could also be set to auto trigger if an emote is used by a counselor or crouch is active within the hitbox.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Just put a hitbox on the ground around Jason when he's knocked down.  If the counselor is in it for more than a specific timeframe, Jason should go full Undertaker on their ass: the hand just shoots up from the ground and grabs their neck for an uninterruptable grab (with the exception of a pocketknife, of course).

Problem solved.  Did you knock Jason down in a doorway?  Tough shit, go through the window.

Edit: it could also be set to auto trigger if an emote is used by a counselor or crouch is active within the hitbox.

If Jason could get up off the ground faster than my 90 year old grandmother it'd help a bunch. 

• Haha 1