The Gunslinger

We got all the info for the next update.

5 minutes ago, kitcat said:

If you don't want emotes then don't buy it. I'll buy it. A lot of people will buy it and there's nothing you can do about it. So just accept and move on. 

Normally this is a shit argument because people who don't want it don't buy it. But no one is buying it this time, emotes are being "rewarded" to us (forced upon us) for completing SP challenges.

Those of us who don't use emotes have nothing to show for completing challenges. But fuck us, right? We're only the ones actually trying to play the game as it was initially intended.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hell Toupee said:

Normally this is a shit argument because people who don't want it don't buy it. But no one is buying it this time, emotes are being "rewarded" to us (forced upon us) for completing SP challenges.

Those of us who don't use emotes have nothing to show for completing challenges. But fuck us, right? We're only the ones actually trying to play the game as it was initially intended.

You guys are the ones bitching about everything and ruining other people's fun ABOUT A DAMN VIDEO GAME. Have a good night. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I give shifty a break, even though we have things like laptops, smartphones, etc. But there are people, in office, one who is the former guy who had his position. Then we have Krampus lurking with a bag of locks for threads he doesn't like. Some should have been, some shouldn't have been. Could have easily, spent the energy he did, dropping news. Considering a couple of the threads he locked, were based solely on what the news might be. Instead of answering and dropping the news here, instead he is just locking threads he doesn't like, whether they broke any rules or not.

Gold!

They've given updates every week for over a month. You're literaly complaining because ONE week while they had a convention, there was no update....

And then even when you DID get an update, you guys bitch that it wasn't posted the way you like it and that it wasn't an update you're interested in....

That is the DEFINITION of spoiled and entitled.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kitcat said:

You guys are the ones bitching about everything and ruining other people's fun ABOUT A DAMN VIDEO GAME. Have a good night. 

Have you considered that dancing ruins the fun for a lot of people, too? It's like playing a game with a little kid (no, I'm not calling you a little kid) who just wants to fuck around when you are actually trying to play the game.

The ratio of dancers who have their fun ruined versus the people who have their fun ruined by dancers is vastly incomparable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hell Toupee said:

Have you considered that dancing ruins the fun for a lot of people, too? It's like playing a game with a little kid (no, I'm not calling you a little kid) who just wants to fuck around when you are actually trying to play the game.

The ratio of dancers who have their fun ruined versus the people who have their fun ruined by dancers is vastly incomparable.

Thanks, because I already have 24 years old lol well... I wasn't the responsible for emotes being available in-game, but I really enjoy it, so as a lot of people. I don't use it all the time, I know how to play the game in the "serious" way, but sometimes it's fun. You guy are ALWAYS complaining about it. Always. Don't get me wrong, but that's not necessary at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Here's yet another example of spoiled and entitled children.

Because it's not a reward YOU like, they suck.

God forbid you enjoy the single player challenges in of themselves instead of NEEDING a reward CATERED specifically to you.

I mean holy fuck, before today, no one even EXPECTED a "reward" for beating single player. They never implied there would be. So everyone was ready to play it just to enjoy it. Now that they reveal there is a reward, you're sitting here bitching about how "unfair" it is because it's not a reward "you" care about.

News flash, YOU aren't the only ones who play the game. Get off the high horse with your "playing the game as intended" nonsense. 

If you don't like emotes, don't use them. 

If they had revealed the reward was a new counselor named Fatty McBeal who I personally had zero interest in playing as, do you know what I'd do? Nothing. I wouldn't care. Not everything is about ME.

When they added Mitch and Shelly, I to date still have yet to touch either one. I have zero interest. I didn't bitch though that there was content included that didn't appeal to me. Why? Because NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ME.

Get over it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Your argument is silly though because you're saying because a small minority of people don't like something, NO ONE should be allowed to have it.

Instead of making private lobbies with people who agree to not use emotes, you instead want your personal regulations imposed on everyone.

That's selfish and entitled logic.

There's tons of shit people do in games that piss me off and ruin my immersion. I simply avoid them and play with like minded people like myself instead of expecting everyone to play how i want to play.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

Your argument is silly though because you're saying because a small minority of people don't like something, NO ONE should be allowed to have it.

Instead of making private lobbies with people who agree to not use emotes, you instead want your personal regulations imposed on everyone.

There's tons of shit people do in games that piss me off and ruin my immersion. I simply avoid them and play with like minded people like myself instead of expecting everyone to play how i want to play.

THANK YOU! This is the mentality of so many people on these forums...<_<

3 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

I'm going to step out of this argument as it is veering away from the topic of this thread. I started a thread specifically about emotes a while ago, if you wish to continue with your tired arguments that don't help your case, you can resurrect that one.

6 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

They've given updates every week for over a month. You're literaly complaining because ONE week while they had a convention, there was no update....

And then even when you DID get an update, you guys bitch that it wasn't posted the way you like it and that it wasn't an update you're interested in....

That is the DEFINITION of spoiled and entitled.

I bitched about the fact we got gun employees on the forum today locking shit, even very threads about the awaited news, they drop the news on Twitter after spending hours here doing nothing but locking threads. The very definition of lazy and having no sense of priority. On their part. The whole company didn't shut down for PAX and even if so, we live in the age of technology where it would have taken a few minutes to drop the news. I like Shifty, and Gertz and how they handle things, i get every gets tired over looks etc. But it has been this kind of consistent behaviour in how gun handles the loyal fans, versus trying to encompass new players and bringing old griefers back that keeps some of us as pissed as we get sometimes. What is wrong expecting a company to act professional and handling things with integrity? Also, what is wrong with holding promised content to them, or being pissed off even more when content promised last summer gets pushed back multiple times but they have the time to make costumes and emotes because some of the newer players the landed started begging. Seems shitty to blow off people with questions, who backed and fronted money to bring this game to light of day? Those new players didn't help get the project off the ground and on the market. The veterans did, but the kind of content they would rather see makes no difference to gin because they already have that money. That is why they keep delivering shit to the newer groups of players, like shit most of us didnt want, and have nothing but contempt for a lot of us. They see dollar signs and we already spent ours, time to rake in more from newer players and screw the others. That much is very clear in how many things have been handled. All the way to the way they handle the "official forum" as opposed to social media where they might get some more 10-17 year olds to spend daddy's money. Marketing 101 man.

Are they gonna make the game tougher for Jason?  If not.. Not interested.  Don't care about new bikinis, Dances, weapon selection another USELESS COUNSELOR, , maps and all the other nonsense.    (there is enough of that stuff already) The unbalanced gameplay in QP  is the problem, not pointless perks.  

The problem is and has ALWAYS been unbalanced gameplay first and bugs/host connections 2nd 

2 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Are they gonna make the tougher for Jason?  If not.. Not interested.  Don't care about new bikinis, Dances, weapon selection and all the other nonsense.    The unbalanced gameplay is the problem, not pointless perks 

Explain to me how its unbalanced .Wait never mind......

9 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Are they gonna make the game tougher for Jason?  If not.. Not interested.  Don't care about new bikinis, Dances, weapon selection, maps and all the other nonsense.    (there is enough of that stuff already) The unbalanced gameplay in QP  is the problem, not pointless perks.  

You look lost, this thread is/was about the news/emotes. Not more begging to nerf jason. There are numerous threads about that dead horse already.

• Like 1

I don't blame Shifty for the lack of updates. He (or she) has done a solid job and we all need some rest days/time off. That said, the devs do show this forum too little love considering many of us are loyal, veteran players. That is part of the reason though, they know it will be harder to lose many of us because of our loyalty, so they would rather try to gain new fans via other avenues. 

7 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Are they gonna make the game tougher for Jason?  If not.. Not interested.  Don't care about new bikinis, Dances, weapon selection another USELESS COUNSELOR, , maps and all the other nonsense.    (there is enough of that stuff already) The unbalanced gameplay in QP  is the problem, not pointless perks.  

The problem is and has ALWAYS been unbalanced gameplay first and bugs/host connections 2nd 

Tougher for Jason? You're joking right?

A good team of counselors can troll the living shit out of Jason, run him around like crazy, get all objectives going and there is VERY little he can do to fully negate it....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ikarikh said:

A good team of counselors can troll the living shit out of Jason, run him around like crazy, get all objectives going and there is VERY little he can do to fully negate it....

Now this, I 100% agree with you on.

4 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

good teams of counselors generally only exist in Private Match.  They don't exist in QP.  If they do it would be like finding a needle in a haystack .  I didn't play for a month and whiped out 2 lobbies quick in about 10 minutes each.  Take a break from any other game and rust will show.  This game, you can take 6 months off probably and still wipe out most lobbies quick 

This game is so friggin Unbalanced its ridiculous 

Guys, we don't know what else the skulls unlock. I imagine they're probably used as another currency for cosmetic addons and more. 

It is all just speculation. Let's get some Snickers here, stat!

32 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

good teams of counselors generally only exist in Private Match.  They don't exist in QP.  If they do it would be like finding a needle in a haystack .  I didn't play for a month and whiped out 2 lobbies quick in about 10 minutes each.  Take a break from any other game and rust will show.  This game, you can take 6 months off probably and still wipe out most lobbies quick 

This game is so friggin Unbalanced its ridiculous 

Would you like a cookie? Or maybe a participation award? Balance is fine, outside of bugs, exploits, etc. Jason was always an overpowered, vicious killer. Most who encounter him die. Not bully and beat him like a red headed step child, around the map for 10 to 20 mins. Maybe gun can start another kickstarter for those of you begging for all of these nerfs. Can see it now, Scooby and The Gang Go To Crystal Lake. Or even the Sims 4 Crystal Lake expansion pack.

Edit: Many groups of good counselors and trolls run qp very often on ps4. They communicate through system parties, discord, etc. Just because you can't look at the lobby and tell they are running together does not mean it isnt happening.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Would you like a cookie? Or maybe a participation award? Balance is fine, outside of bugs, exploits, etc. Jason was always an overpowered, vicious killer. Most who encounter him die. Not bully and beat him like a red headed step child, around the map for 10 to 20 mins. Maybe gun can start another kickstarter for those of you begging for all of these nerfs. Can see it now, Scooby and The Gang Go To Crystal Lake. Or even the Sims 4 Crystal Lake expansion pack.

For the movies... Thats fine. Not for a video game (Especially one when you have to ask people to stick around for maybe 10-15 minutes  after they die) ROFLMAO.  Thats lunacy. 

And then people wonder why the game is on its borderline death bed and probably won't even make it another year or two before the servers shut down.   Hmmm.. Wonder why :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

11 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Edit: Many groups of good counselors and trolls run qp very often on ps4. They communicate through system parties, discord, etc. Just because you can't look at the lobby and tell they are running together does not mean it isnt happening.

Id advise to not feed Dory no more ,Me and MANY others have told him these type of things and he rejects it as if he hasn't seen it ,then it has  never happen before .Your talking to a Brick wall.

Image result for talking to a brick wall

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone, it was my intention to have this posted up to all of the major places - forums > reddit > Twitter > Facebook - but I miscommunications that to the team. That’s on me.

Unfortunately I do not have my laptop with me while at the show floor, and I was coordinating over the terrible LTE network that was a little overworked at the expo. 

There is some extra info to go along with this, though, and that is that each Single Player Challenge has three Skull Objectives, on top of multiple Challenge-specific objectives, for XP score, being undetected, and eliminating all counselors. For each Skull Objective you complete, you unlock a specific Emote. 

We do realize that not everyone is a fan of emotes, but we think that they can be fun to use and there’s no harm in having them. Especially when they don’t cost our players any extra money. 

Plus, everyone gets AJ’s interpretation of Violet’s dance (useable on any counselor, yes, even Chad), and it’s the best thing ever. 

Again, sorry for my miscommunication!

Edit: have you seen a dancing Chad get hit in the face with a throwing knife? That shit is hilarious. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey everyone, it was my intention to have this posted up to all of the major places - forums > reddit > Twitter > Facebook - but I miscommunications that to the team. That’s on me.

Unfortunately I do not have my laptop with me while at the show floor, and I was coordinating over the terrible LTE network that was a little overworked at the expo. 

There is some extra info to go along with this, though, and that is that each Single Player Challenge has three Skull Objectives, on top of multiple Challenge-specific objectives, for XP score, being undetected, and eliminating all counselors. For each Skull Objective you complete, you unlock a specific Emote. 

We do realize that not everyone is a fan of emotes, but we think that they can be fun to use and there’s no harm in having them. Especially when they don’t cost our players any extra money. 

Plus, everyone gets AJ’s interpretation of Violet’s dance (useable on any counselor, yes, even Chad), and it’s the best thing ever. 

Thank you

5 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

For the movies... Thats fine. Not for a video game (Especially one when you have to ask people to stick around for maybe 10-15 minutes  after they die) ROFLMAO.  Thats lunacy. 

And then people wonder why the game is on its borderline death bed and probably won't even make it another year or two before the servers shut down.   Hmmm.. Wonder why :rolleyes:

No. We know why, the ever shifting back and forth, trolls, guns handling of news and updates, terrible time frames, how the backers have been slighted a few times over, putting new sales above those who funded this project and their feedback. All seems like the perfect storm for the implosion of this game. If you would like a game where the survivors input is valued above the killer, and basically set the tone for nerfs on killers and buffs to the survivors, i suggest dead by daylight. That's the game you want to play.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Will emotes be the only thing unlocked with challenges?