@GeneiJin If you didn't stop to fight Jason, you wouldn't need medic or swift attacker. Your evasion skills are top notch and you could probably kite him for the entire match anyway, even against a very skilled Jason player. I suspect that most of the times that you end up dying in the game are tied to your "must attack Jason" style of playing. This is how you have fun in the game, so more power to you. I am just saying you would be pretty much untouchable if you tried to keep your distance from Jason, but you would find that boring anyway.
    Some Jason players get more annoyed with people they cannot catch than those that attack him in large groups... I have seen many rage quit after chasing me for 5 minutes or more.
    I like the chase in the game from both sides and I always figured if you can get good at the chase with the slowest counselors, it would be that much easier with the faster counselors.... I just never get around to playing the faster counselors, I prefer repair skill so I don't screw up on that fuse box or the propeller..... I love those boats.
    Shelly is the least lucky counselor... so I am not surprised that you wouldn't want to play him... He just does not fit the way you like to play the game. I do play him now and again, just not recently... but that one shot with a weapon is tough luck when you really need to try and fight Jason.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

That is correct, swift attacker does have fewer active frames, which makes things like shift bating harder, but it also means that there is more recovery.  However having a faster attack is better, especially against good Jason as they have less time to stuff your swing with their own actions, block, shift-block, or simply step out of range.  I'm not sure what you mean by SA being more predicable, as a slower attack is easier to respond to.

More predictable as in Jason usually has to be really close in order for the active frames to connect due to the swing being faster. Normal attack speed is easier to respond to, but you can also start the attack from a bit further, or you could do a 180, sprint past Jason to throw him off, then combat stance swing from a bit far if you go for a rwlead on his approach, which most Jasons while fall for due to wanting to keep you in their line of sight. SA is still a good perk, but I prefer restful on No Fear Jenny since it virtually means infinite stamina.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

@GeneiJin If you didn't stop to fight Jason, you wouldn't need medic or swift attacker. Your evasion skills are top notch and you could probably kite him for the entire match anyway, even against a very skilled Jason player. I suspect that most of the times that you end up dying in the game are tied to your "must attack Jason" style of playing. This is how you have fun in the game, so more power to you. I am just saying you would be pretty much untouchable if you tried to keep your distance from Jason, but you would find that boring anyway.

Thanks for your kind words of me again :D.  While I prefer Swift Attacker, I value medic for jerks like you that are good at quick draw knives, lol.  Your throw knives skill are top-notch, and by far the most threatening action and weakness of my Jenny build (lack of medic).  That skill is definitely what separates great Jason from the only decent ones.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Some Jason players get more annoyed with people they cannot catch than those that attack him in large groups... I have seen many rage quit after chasing me for 5 minutes or more.

Yes, everyone know Jason is at a disadvantage when more counselors are involved.  The real salt come when Jason can't dispatch just one player :lol:

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Shelly is the least lucky counselor... so I am not surprised that you wouldn't want to play him... He just does not fit the way you like to play the game. I do play him now and again, just not recently... but that one shot with a weapon is tough luck when you really need to try and fight Jason.

The thing about Shelly is that he provides nothing to any type of playstyle.  Outside of rubbing salt on Jason by dominating with him or memeing, I'd rather play Lachappa.

• Thanks 1

People hate not being able to catch Jenny. They overlook her composure stat even though fear is directly tied to stamina regeneration. The absolute worst thing you can do when chasing Jenny is let up for a second because she regenerates stamina so quick especially if you run anti-fear perks with Restful

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

People hate not being able to catch Jenny. They overlook her composure stat even though fear is directly tied to stamina regeneration. The absolute worst thing you can do when chasing Jenny is let up for a second because she regenerates stamina so quick especially if you run anti-fear perks with Restful

That's the setup I have on her. 20% fear resistance and 15% stamina regen with Restful. Medic is another good one for Jasons who are good with throwing knives.

Have to say this has been one of the most helpful threads to read through in a while. 

Don't use Jenny but applied some of the mentioned perks to AJ so I can go at it solo. Currently trying her out using Preparedness, Lone Wolf, and Nerves of Steel (10/10/9). Had Night Owl, Level Headed, and Marathon on her forever and success was so-so. Now with the 3 fear reducers I managed to escape 6/7 games completely alone in lobbies where the Jasons went 7/8 in each one. And I'm normally getting out in less than 10 minutes. 

I just trot around pick up the items I need and keep my distance from the others. Been working like a charm so far. 

I always build her up a buttercup because she never lets me down.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, Grape said:

I have Sense avoidance perks on her - totals at 56% (while indoors)

I still haven’t figured out if it is worth it or not, though.

Oh it works lol I stacked those perks as well..it’s so funny how Jason RQs because he thinks his sense is glitched!!I also use those 3 magical perks with Tiffany and AJ 

9 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Have to say this has been one of the most helpful threads to read through in a while. 

Don't use Jenny but applied some of the mentioned perks to AJ so I can go at it solo. Currently trying her out using Preparedness, Lone Wolf, and Nerves of Steel (10/10/9). Had Night Owl, Level Headed, and Marathon on her forever and success was so-so. Now with the 3 fear reducers I managed to escape 6/7 games completely alone in lobbies where the Jasons went 7/8 in each one. And I'm normally getting out in less than 10 minutes. 

I just trot around pick up the items I need and keep my distance from the others. Been working like a charm so far. 

I'm glad the input here helped :).  It's refreshing to hear optimizing other playstyles outside of the "meta", which revolves around stunning Jason.