Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So me and these guys usually play in a group together. We know item spawns and alot of other stuff about the game. Ever since the last Jason buff we went from like everyone escaping every game to almost no one escaping besides the boat and stuff. I was messing around with Perks for a while to see what's the best way to survive as Jenny. I feel like this Perk build is one of the best Jenny builds. The Perks are Teamwork, Level-Headed, and Restful. All Epic maxed good stuff with minimal to no bad stuff. What are your thoughts?

Video with the build!

https://youtu.be/ivf9HUSY5HE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always, the "best" perks would be the meta ones everyone can use. Thick Skinned/Medic is key to dealing with traps; Jason's knives; and broken windows, so those two are a staple unless you're challenging yourself.

Probably the best third perk for Jenny is Marathon. Since she doesn't have to worry about fear penalties as much because it takes over three minutes before she completely panics, Marathon is a better pickup than Restful. Personally I use Swift Attacker because I have an epic of that perk, but having more overall stamina means being able to do more things before having to fighting Jason for the stamina boosts, so an epic Marathon would be better IMO.

Outside of "meta perks," it's really up to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Sense avoidance perks on her - totals at 56% (while indoors)

I still haven’t figured out if it is worth it or not, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, Jenny best build is one build around the "No Fear" variant (Both Perfect Epic Preparedness + Nerves of Steel).  It is ridiculously good, you'll really have no idea until you try it out.  Not bothered at all by Jason's presence, you actually will have more stamina than Vanessa or Chad due to it's regain being unaffected since Jenny won't succumb to fear.  Any breathing room Jason allows Jenny, even just for a couple seconds, gives her a good chunk of it back, allowing for even more saltly kiting :P.  Although Jenny is innately slow, the lack of stumbling around make this much more forgiving.  The only major draw back with this build (other than how long it takes to role the perfect perks <_<) is only one slot left for the 3rd perk.  For most players, go with Medic.  If you like fight Jason, go with Swift Attacker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried out Marathon before, I have an epic version but the speed decrease is really bad in my opinion. Because Jenny's speed is so low if you have minus sprint speed you can't escape the car if it crashes. I also have maxed thick skin, medic, swift attacker but they really haven't been winning games or making a difference in my friend's lobbies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

"Thanks Jason!"

Ha ha.... I should proof read -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Ha ha.... I should proof read -_-

Aw, I'm just giving you shit.  Considering how tense everyone's being on the boards today, I'm glad at least one person has a sense of humor.

Back to the topic (somewhat): I really should investigate doing more with Jenny.  She used to be my main in the beginning, but when she came up on random counselor for me last night I thought "The hell am I supposed to do with her again?"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

She used to be my main in the beginning, but when she came up on random counselor for me last night I thought "The hell am I supposed to do with her again?"

Jenny can really do anything she want.  She can stay hidden to work behind the scenes, if you mess up a skill check or Jason finds you, Jenny can effectively fight back to be a good distraction.  She is my primary now when I go Jason Killing.  Because she benefits from player's comprehension over the game mechanics, newer players tend write her off.  Jenny has this weird thing where once a player reaches lvl 90, she become viable, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Jenny can really do anything she want.  She can stay hidden to work behind the scenes, if you mess up a skill check or Jason finds you, Jenny can effectively fight back to be a good distraction.  She is my primary now when I go Jason Killing.  Because she benefits from player's comprehension over the game mechanics, newer players tend write her off.  Jenny has this weird thing where once a player reaches lvl 90, she become viable, lol.

I can't trust fools enough in QP to choose Jenny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I can't trust fools enough in QP to choose Jenny.

Not as bad as you think, at least I seem to do fine with her in just about any lobby.  Its smart to realizes when objectives are a lost cause and prepare to survive the night.  Fortify 2-3 cabins with traps, weapons, firecrackers, etc waiting for your "guest of honor" to arrive >:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Medic, Swift Attacker and either Sucker Punch, Thickskinned or Marathon would be my choice. You could also swap two of those perks for Nerves of Steel and Preparedness. If you have the best versions of those two perks and use both, Jenny becomes completely immune to fear. Her facial expression will never change, her stamina regeneration rate will never drop and the game will never lose it's colour, nor will the camera zoom in uncomfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Medic, Swift Attacker and either Sucker Punch, Thickskinned or Marathon would be my choice. You could also swap two of those perks for Nerves of Steel and Preparedness. If you have the best versions of those two perks and use both, Jenny becomes completely immune to fear. Her facial expression will never change, her stamina regeneration rate will never drop and the game will never lose it's camera, nor will the camera zoom in uncomfortably.

I've never really bothered with Nerves of Steel, perhaps I should take a second look at it.

Any other counselors you suggest it works well with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Jenny can really do anything she want.  She can stay hidden to work behind the scenes, if you mess up a skill check or Jason finds you, Jenny can effectively fight back to be a good distraction.  She is my primary now when I go Jason Killing.  Because she benefits from player's comprehension over the game mechanics, newer players tend write her off.  Jenny has this weird thing where once a player reaches lvl 90, she become viable, lol.

Problem with using Jenny for Jason killing is that she is too slow to reliably grab the sweater early on and not get killed immediately after. If the Jason isn't stupid or really busy you're forced to grab it later on with Tommy. And she's pretty poor for demasking with 1/10 strength, so you're going to have to rely on others to get the mask off. A decent choice with friends, but the only way to kill Jason in solo play remains playing a strength character, doing the demask while still alive preferably, and then dying and getting Tommy.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I've never really bothered with Nerves of Steel, perhaps I should take a second look at it.

Any other counselors you suggest it works well with?

Chad. Lets you keep your minimap when scared, which Chad will always be. This can make it easier to dodge shiftgrabs or even hit Jason as he comes out of shift once you time it well. I'd really only recommend the perk on Chad, and Jenny when paired with Preparedness for the fear immunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any counselor that have low composer, namely Chad or Vanessa, benefits from NoS.  Jenny doesn't really need it, but for the "No Fear" build, it's for the +10 fear resistance from both perks that allows her to be immune to fear (unless she is crippled, then fear will eventually sink in).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eager to try new builds following the update. These ideas for Jenny sound worth trying out. Trying to save up CP for the time being to see if I can land any of these upcoming legendary perks. Would be really nice if they ran 2x XP and better drop rates following the update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Problem with using Jenny for Jason killing is that she is too slow to reliably grab the sweater early on and not get killed immediately after. If the Jason isn't stupid or really busy you're forced to grab it later on with Tommy. And she's pretty poor for demasking with 1/10 strength, so you're going to have to rely on others to get the mask off. A decent choice with friends, but the only way to kill Jason in solo play remains playing a strength character, doing the demask while still alive preferably, and then dying and getting Tommy.

As a former Vanessa main, I used to think that.  It was about grabbing the sweater whenever you want, then getting the "F" out of there.  With Jenny, you must be more methodical.  You would be surprised on just how much success I have killing even skilled Jasons in QP with Jenny :D.  I say it 1/3 games in QP solo, higher if I have other players with me.  Grab the sweater ether with Tommy with you, just as he spawns, or when a car or objective is being pushed.  Having low strength is a drawback, but not by much if you use traps, chain stunning, windows or doors to sneak in free hits, 4-5 hits with heavy strikes it will come off.  Usually however, I give demasking duties to Tommy, whom I back up.  Even if he is grabed, I'll save him, instruct him to get a free hit in right as Jason recovers, 1-2 hits its off, easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

As a former Vanessa main, I used to think that.  It was about grabbing the sweater whenever you want, then getting the "F" out of there.  With Jenny, you must be more methodical.  You would be surprised on just how much success I have killing even skilled Jasons in QP with Jenny :D.  I say it 1/3 games in QP solo, higher if I have other players with me.  Grab the sweater ether with Tommy with you, just as he spawns, or when a car or objective is being pushed.  Having low strength is a drawback, but not by much if you use traps, chain stunning, windows or doors to sneak in free hits, 4-5 hits with heavy strikes it will come off.  Usually however, I give demasking duties to Tommy, whom I back up.  Even if he is grabed, I'll save him, instruct him to get a free hit in right as Jason recovers, 1-2 hits its off, easy.

There's no way in hell you're killing him 1/3 of the time solo. No one will ever demask Jason but you, and most Tommy players are too useless to even group up with you and press the required button after you do all the work. Only the very worst of Jason players, the ones with 5 hours of playtime, are going to be getting hit through doors and windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

There's no way in hell you're killing him 1/3 of the time solo. No one will ever demask Jason but you, and most Tommy players are too useless to even group up with you and press the required button after you do all the work. Only the very worst of Jason players, the ones with 5 hours of playtime, are going to be getting hit through doors and windows.

Like I said, you'd be surprised :D.  If you don't believe me, ask @Ahab and @Dr. Lecter, I'm sure they'd support my claim. 

Oh, here is a link stream of a someone I befriended a week ago,  While I did get to know thoughout the games, I did initially jump into QP cold.  The Jason was at 150 (I always check), and pretty decent from what I can tell (not a pinata Jason).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243395085?t=01h40m24s

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

So me and these guys usually play in a group together. We know item spawns and alot of other stuff about the game. Ever since the last Jason buff we went from like everyone escaping every game to almost no one escaping besides the boat and stuff. I was messing around with Perks for a while to see what's the best way to survive as Jenny. I feel like this Perk build is one of the best Jenny builds. The Perks are Teamwork, Level-Headed, and Restful. All Epic maxed good stuff with minimal to no bad stuff. What are your thoughts?

Video with the build!

https://youtu.be/ivf9HUSY5HE

Rare or epic Nerves of steel, Rare or Epic preparedness and medic or think skin. You’ll never stumble or lose mini map......ever, unless limping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

Rare or epic Nerves of steel, Rare or Epic preparedness and medic or think skin.  

Needs to be perfect Epics NoS and Preparedness.  Especially for Jenny, you don't want any negative sprint speed :P.  I'm running swift attacker, so I often miss not having medic, lol.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Needs to be perfect Epics NoS and Preparedness.  Especially for Jenny, you don't want any negative sprint speed :P.  I'm running swift attacker, so I often miss not having medic, lol.

I think I've got a 1% penalty to sprint speed, but it isn't that bad considering how much stamina regeneration you save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think I've got a 1% penalty to sprint speed, but it isn't that bad considering how much stamina regeneration you save.

LOL not bad, but I hate the idea of making Jenny even slower.  I should mention that my preparedness is not exactly perfect, it's +9 fear resist with no drawbacks.  So combined with NoS is +19 I'm not having any fear, but before I tried just a +17, fear did eventually get to Jenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...