WSMCqin9R_PvRjuInSA-9E7QhG1OHLfzVxdxdxN6

Terrifier is probably the best new slasher film I have seen in a decade, with a tone that's a lot more brutal and nasty than the more fun, "roller coaster ride" feeling of most entries that you see in the subgenre nowadays. 
All of the actors give great, believable performances, the cinematography is phenomenal, and it features the sort of '80's style synth score that really helps to keep you feeling consistently uneasy throughout. 
But as good as everything else is, it's no exaggeration to say that Terrifier hinges on David H. Thornton's performance as Art the Clown, and fortunately (with the help of some beautifully designed and realized makeup) he totally delivers in the role. 
I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but Terrifier is a genuinely fantastic and mean little slasher film deserving of your attention.

• Like 1

Never heard of this one... so I went on you tube and looked at the trailer. Never heard of any of the actors, looks fairly low budget.... But.... it looks like it could be pretty good. Now I have to find this movie and check it out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

Never heard of this one... so I went on you tube and looked at the trailer. Never heard of any of the actors, looks fairly low budget.... But.... it looks like it could be pretty good. Now I have to find this movie and check it out.

You should.  I recommend buying it, whether VOD or a physical copy to support indie horror.  The director said he wants to make it into a franchise.

• Like 1

I have been reading a lot about this. Everyone has been giving it solid reviews. If you recommend it, i will give it a whirl tomorrow.

• Like 1

I saw this at a special screening during Horror Hound a couple weeks back in Cincy.

It is definitely worth a watch and in my opinion an instant classic that I'll be re-visiting regularly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spinesplitter said:

I saw this at a special screening during Horror Hound a couple weeks back in Cincy.

It is definitely worth a watch and in my opinion an instant classic that I'll be re-visiting regularly

Gah! Horror Hound! Pittsburgh hasnt had shit for conventions recently. May try to make Cinema Wasteland in Fall.

On 4/7/2018 at 2:10 PM, Risinggrave said:

I saw the title as I was skimming X-box rentals. I guess I'll have to add it to my que.

I finally caught it. I was not terribly impressed. 

2/5 if I'm being generous. 

Is it the most original? No. Is the story well written? No. Great camera work? No. Atmospheric as f***? No. Comedic bits? Not quite. Note worthy acting? Not really. Gratuitous violence and nudity? You better believe it! I would recommend checking it out. I'm hopeful for a more fleshed out sequel. 3 severed heads out of five.

9 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Is it the most original? No. Is the story well written? No. Great camera work? No. Atmospheric as f***? No. Comedic bits? Not quite. Note worthy acting? Not really. Gratuitous violence and nudity? You better believe it! I would recommend checking it out. I'm hopeful for a more fleshed out sequel. 3 severed heads out of five.

I forgot to get back to this thread after watching it... 

Not much original to do with a slasher movie these days beyond a different killer and different setting than other movies.
   Great camera work...comedy... noteworthy acting were never really a thing with slasher movies... it comes with the low budget part of it. The horror genre is not known for its huge profit margins... Atmosphere could have been better... could have been much better.
    The gratuitous violence part... was done very well, and this is what a slasher movie is truly about these days. But so few victims...
     And no slasher movie is truly complete without at least one boob...

Still, one of the best slasher movies I have seen in a long time... and a sequel would be worth checking out in my opinion. At least something to explain what Art the clown is after that ending...