Sign in to follow this  
TommyJarvis80

Does anyone else feel like the grab is broken and overused?

Holy shit! You guys are popping up like mushrooms after rain... Jason Op, grab spam, Jason is too easy, too boring, we need more items and pocket knives., blah, blah...

Jason's grab is fine atm, the pocket knife count is fine atm, the balance is ok atm. If you think Jason is too easy, hit me up, I'll invite a couple of my friends from right here on this forum and you show us just how easy it is to play Jason with his op grab.

So please, cut the shit and put your money where your mouth is. If you can easily kill us all with your superb Jason skills and his unbalanced op-powers, I promise I'll publicly appologize and admit your right. Hell, I'll even kiss your ring. Same goes for other same minded people here.

So, shut up or prove me wrong.

On 4/6/2018 at 9:03 AM, lasse_hei said:

Holy shit! You guys are popping up like mushrooms after rain... Jason Op, grab spam, Jason is too easy, too boring, we need more items and pocket knives., blah, blah...

Jason's grab is fine atm, the pocket knife count is fine atm, the balance is ok atm. If you think Jason is too easy, hit me up, I'll invite a couple of my friends from right here on this forum and you show us just how easy it is to play Jason with his op grab.

So please, cut the shit and put your money where your mouth is. If you can easily kill us all with your superb Jason skills and his unbalanced op-powers, I promise I'll publicly appologize and admit your right. Hell, I'll even kiss your ring. Same goes for other same minded people here.

So, shut up or prove me wrong.

grab is OP and overused prove me wrong

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

First of all, how can you say that grab is overused? As Jason, you either slash or grab. Grabkills are the most entertaining and have the most variety. Beats slashing would'nt you say?

Second, there are minor problems with the grab. Sometimes it seems as though the distance isn't on point. Either way. But calling it a vadergrab is just exaggerating. The rubberbandgrab with the car is basically the only biggest issue of the so called vadergrab.

Third, it definitely isn't OP. With skill, you can avoid Jason's grab for long peroids of time, and with a pocketknife or a buddy by your side you can easily escape Jason's grab. Ofcourse without a pocketknife or a buddy, Jason's grab means you are most likely dead. Not everytime though.

If you were to escape Jason's grab without help, Jason would have no chance against a group or even a semi-organized team. Back to slashing then?

Personally I think the balance is pretty good atm, though I feel like Jason should get a little buff. Dealing with a good co-ordinated team is very damn tough. I've seen countless of skilled veteran players go 1-2/8 against other very skilled players.

So no! There is nothing OP about Jason. It all depends on Jason players skill and experience vs counselor players skill and experience.

Like I've said before. Lets hook up, show me and a few of my friends just how op your Jason is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

Theres really nothing to prove.   

How is Jason supposed to use ALL his kills without grabs?

IMO any person that complains about GRABS in this game is just acting stupid.  Thats not insult, but a basic observation.

I also find that people who complain about grabs are usually the ones that keep running into Jason grab range on purpose.  Then complain about grabs.  

Ran into a guy like this last night.   LOUD and ANNOYING.. screeching when he got grabbed.  Like he just COULD NOT BELIEVE IT.    (*  But he ran up to me to hit me).    

You can't fix stupid.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, Ahab said:

@TommyJarvis80
   Jason can only spam grab so fast... and if he grabs you, there is no reason to hit grab again. If he misses, of course he is going to try again and again until he grabs you. Why wouldn't he?  A cool down for grab would be beyond ridiculous. Team mates can save you.... they have to actually strike Jason to do it. Striking through a counselor to hit Jason is ridiculous once again. If you are in a position to hit Jason when he is holding a counselor and actually strike Jason, then the counselor is saved. If not, then the counselor dies if he cannot get out of the grip himself. How is this in any way unfair? 
    You want people to be forced to use 4 kills? If you want people to play a game the way you want them to... then play with people who agree to your rules before the match starts. Do not assume you can tell ANYONE how to play... let alone the person who you are playing against. This person would be a fool to listen to the person he is playing against telling him not to do something. I do not like to see the same kill over and over again either.... but that is how some people want to play... so that is how they WILL play. I do not always use all four executions that I have picked either, sometimes I get to use eight different environment kills, but it is nice to have the option to use whatever kill I have prepared if I so choose.
    You claim to be 'pretty good' at eluding Jason, then you state you are fighting him the whole round. Eluding and fighting are two entirely different things. Eluding is staying away from Jason, fighting is getting in his face. Fighting Jason = Death. Eluding Jason = Escape... but not all the time, sometimes he will get you. If you were actually good at eluding Jason, you would probably not be complaining about his grab. If you were not 'in his face' while he tries to grab you, but misses... you would not complain about grab spamming. I see a whole lot more missed attempts at grabs in this game then grabs that connect.
    I have never seen a Jason grab kill every counselor with a grab in 6 minutes... that is pretty good, considering there is usually at least something resembling a chase for every counselor, unless they are attacking him in a group... then they should expect to get cut down. Grabs are a useless tactic for Jason when fighting groups. Lets see.... 8 counselors, if Jason is very  lucky, he might kill two before he gets shift.. leaving 6 to kill in the next three minutes or so... leaving about 30 seconds between kills... a few kills can take upwards of ten seconds to perform, further reducing the time to chase the counselors to get this done in the time you state.... Shift needs to regenerate to catch up to someone who has any kind of stamina left, unless Jason spawns with 20 knives and can hit every time he throws one (it takes quite a while to go around and gather knives)..... It sound to me like the Jason player you are talking about simply hacked down a large group of battle Chads and maybe got in a grab kill or two before or after fighting the group. The 6 minute timing even sounds correct if they were using communications to coordinate their efforts.... I have done that with many groups that wanted to fight. It is so much easier to kill everyone when they come to you, but it makes for a short and boring game for the Jason player.
   I do not think you understand lag well at all... or you would never have complained about the grab in the first place. Lag is far from consistent. After you see something caused by lag and look at the pings, lag will often (by often, I mean 90% of the time, which can translate to the next 90 times you look) seem normal by the time you look. The types of grabs you are talking about are rare, unless you are experiencing consistent lag... then yes, you would be able to look at the pings after the event in question and see that there is lag. As I stated... what you see on your screen is slightly off from what ANY other player in the match is seeing on their screen. Even half a second makes a big enough difference that when you sync up to the Jason player, you are in his grip. Someone recently described it like a rear view mirror that states, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear... and Jason may well be closer to you than he appears on your screen. It can also work in reverse and he could be farther away from you than he appears on your screen, causing many of the missed grabs we see. In a multi player game, you send info to a server (so does everyone else in the match), all of this is processed and sent back to individual players. As I used the term: sync up... that would mean after the Jason player grabs you on his screen and the processed info comes back to you... suddenly you find yourself in his grip.... and yes, even half a second difference is more than enough for this to happen. The grab does not need a reduction at all.... if you do not want to get grabbed by Jason so often... I suggest keeping your distance, which works for as long as you are able to keep your distance.
   Just because Jason was stopped in the movies does not mean he needs to be stopped in the game every time. A game and a movie are two totally different mediums. Things change when shifting into another medium just to make sense. A movie starts with a script.... everyone knows everything that is going to happen throughout the entire movie before filming starts and each movie will have a resolution (sequels are almost never planned until a movie makes enough money to justify one), in the case of these movies... the resolution is Jason being 'stopped'. In a game... things are totally different. Other than starting off looting cabins, the rest of the match is just varying possibilities until something actually occurs. Each thing that occurs may raise the chance of something related to it occurring, no one is leaving in a car or boat unless someone does something to help in repairing it. Will you escape? Will you find a repair part? will Jason kill you? Will you kill Jason? and so on... nothing is certain until certain events happen that make them inevitable.
   You say you think Jason should be overpowered but suggest nerfing him while complaining about scarcity of items that were taken away because of the meta of 'Jason bullying' that was caused by excessive weapons, med sprays and pocket knives. It sounds to me more like you want Jason nerfed further so you can beat on him easier and more often.
   Game balance is pretty good right now and so long as it is possible for both cars and the boat to be repaired and leave with every single counselor in them before Jason even gets his first shift (this does occur but it is rare and takes actual teamwork).... I don't think nerfing Jason in any way, shape or form will help further the balance in this game.

That's just not factual at all. In fact, I always see Jason's grabbing really fast, and it does not slow him down. I think you Jason only people are just way too comfortable in getting easy kills. Maybe it helps with your ego? I'm not sure? But, I don't even see a challenge when using Jason. It's way too easy. I would rather be challenged to use the most deadly move in the game, which is the grab. The same philosophy applies in all other games. Any deadly attribute you have to utilize, you have to work hard for. Why not do the same with Jason? The controls just seem so juvenile for Jason, and they lack complexity. Also, you claimed that other counselors have a chance to save you when grabbed, that is NOT TRUE. They repeatedly hit grab on PS4, and then quick kill with square. I've been right on Jason, while hitting him the second he picks up somebody, and most of the time, they can't be saved. Jason can wipe everyone out with grabs in 5 minutes flat. I've seen it countless times. Then you wonder why people leave matches. Especially when Jason is on everyone the moment the game starts. Even if you're not close to the blue car, or a phone line, he still spawn kills almost every time. There is no balance in this game at all. I can see why this game lost a lot of it's fan base. Also, most of the time, it's not people quitting. It's the blue screen of death. I've been a host of a server, and almost every time I get the blue screen. No. I'm not saying Jason should be stopped in every game. When did I say that? You're constantly taking me out of context, and making stuff up.

BrokenJasonGrab...Exactly. None of these people can come up with a legitimate arguing point. All they do is take you out of context, and make stuff up.

Lasse...You're wrong. I've been grabbed from over a couch, across a rock, and from 10 ft away by someone with low ping. You can deny these facts all you want.

39 minutes ago, TommyJarvis80 said:

That's just not factual at all. In fact, I always see Jason's grabbing really fast, and it does not slow him down. I think you Jason only people are just way too comfortable in getting easy kills. Maybe it helps with your ego? I'm not sure? But, I don't even see a challenge when using Jason. It's way too easy. I would rather be challenged to use the most deadly move in the game, which is the grab. The same philosophy applies in all other games. Any deadly attribute you have to utilize, you have to work hard for. Why not do the same with Jason? The controls just seem so juvenile for Jason, and they lack complexity. Also, you claimed that other counselors have a chance to save you when grabbed, that is NOT TRUE. They repeatedly hit grab on PS4, and then quick kill with square. I've been right on Jason, while hitting him the second he picks up somebody, and most of the time, they can't be saved. Jason can wipe everyone out with grabs in 5 minutes flat. I've seen it countless times. Then you wonder why people leave matches. Especially when Jason is on everyone the moment the game starts. Even if you're not close to the blue car, or a phone line, he still spawn kills almost every time. There is no balance in this game at all. I can see why this game lost a lot of it's fan base. Also, most of the time, it's not people quitting. It's the blue screen of death. I've been a host of a server, and almost every time I get the blue screen. No. I'm not saying Jason should be stopped in every game. When did I say that? You're constantly taking me out of context, and making stuff up.

BrokenJasonGrab...Exactly. None of these people can come up with a legitimate arguing point. All they do is take you out of context, and make stuff up.

Lasse...You're wrong. I've been grabbed from over a couch, across a rock, and from 10 ft away by someone with low ping. You can deny these facts all you want.

Which point is not factual at all? Pick one out and make your point.
   If you have no problem at playing Jason and are new to the game... congratulations!!!! You are better at this coming in fresh than EVERYONE ELSE. It is an extremely rare thing for someone to master something they have never tried before the first time they pick it up.... but it can happen I suppose. Perhaps you are playing with all new players, perhaps you just get lucky. I have yet to see a brand new player that claimed it was his first time (and his level is low enough to believe it) that killed more than half the lobby.... and I have seen MANY.
   The grab animation is short, I will grant you that... but it slows him down because he is locked in the animation until it completes. If you keep running, you WILL put more distance between yourself and Jason than you would have if he did not try to grab and miss.... its not much more distance, but it is more. There is also at least one second before he can grab again.... I can spam the button really fast and only get three, maybe four hits on the button before it starts the grab animation again.
    Too comfortable at getting easy kills? I am no slouch at playing Jason and never claimed to be anywhere near the best Jason player. I will, however, call out anyone who says they get 8/8 in every match.... no one is perfect. A car can be repaired and moving before Jason gets his first use of shift... good luck catching it. Even the best players can miss a car and then... guess what.... up to 4 counselors are gone... half the lobby... just gone. People using the boat is actually fairly rare, but they are damned easy to miss as well. If this has not happened to you yet.... do not worry, it will. 
    If you think it is way too easy playing Jason, you are playing against people that are not trying at all or are new and have absolutely no idea what to do.... against these types of people, playing Jason IS easy. Playing Jason against even half a lobby of people who have mediocre skill and are actually trying to get objectives done, you will not get 8/8 every game... someone will slip by you, perhaps several of them. Playing in a lobby with two veteran players with skill and five complete noobs.... unless you are very lucky, someone will escape, possibly in a car with half the players, possibly both cars with six of the players. Against a lobby with seven players of mediocre skill who are actually trying, some will escape. Jason cannot be everywhere, so he CANNOT be on everyone all the time. Getting 8/8 in one game or even four in a row against veterans or noobs proves nothing except that everyone has good days and bad days. I get 8/8 against great players... it happens, but it is FAR from every time.
   If you are getting spawn killed every time.... then you need to realize that it take close to three minutes before Jason has access to shift for the first time in a match. Running away would be the intelligent thing to do here. If you want to get in Jason's face at the start of a match, then cry about dying..... you seriously need to rethink your strategy.
   You say I 'claim' that other players have a chance to save you and then say that it is not true.... Then you say 'most of the time they cannot be saved'. This would be a contradiction on your part.... if you cannot see that, then you are 'blind'. If you have seen even one saved in this way (and the rest of us have seen it done countless times) then that just proves there is a chance to save them..... you see how that works? Thank you for proving me correct.... yet you still claimed that I made a false statement by saying "that is NOT TRUE". I take great insult in being called a liar... claiming something I said is not true, carries the same meaning and weight as calling me a liar, it just uses different words that mean the same thing.... if you want to call this putting words in some ones mouth, you do not understand how the English language works.... I suggest you look up the word: semantics.
   Also, a Jason player using a quick kill to avoid a counselor striking him so he will drop his victim is just a good strategy. Do not expect ANYONE to play in any way other then how they want to play. Smart players will play in an intelligent way.... that is just reality.... the opposite is also true. This does not happen every time and over the course of countless games you should have a great many opportunities to save another player in Jason's grip.... not all will be successful.
   You also claimed to be new to the game.... then you go on to say you have seen Jasons "wipe out everyone out in 5 minutes flat. I've seen it countless times". Yet another contradiction on your part..... Which is it? Are you new to the game or have you seen this 'countless times'?

Below is a previous quote (you may have to high lite it to read it) in which you said Jason was stopped in every movie... which I in turn took a bit out of context... for that I apologize. But as you can plainly see, I was not making anything up or putting words into your mouth. Though I did say I took you out of context and apologized for it already.... you stated in the post I am responding to: 'You're constantly taking me out of context and making stuff up'. Read the post again, no part that has anything to do with this even claims you said anything!
     I call bullshit!
     One time IS NOT CONSTANTLY... NOR WAS IT MAKING ANYTHING UP!!!!! Now it would be your turn to grow a pair and offer an apology of your own.

TAD...That's not necessarily true. Jason was stopped in every movie. However, Jason should be more powerful than counselors. You're right about that. I'm not saying Jason should be weak by any means. I just think the grab range should be reduced. Only if you're touching his hand when he reaches, no more, no less. 

I am not the one here with an ego problem... Thank you.
    I am not a Jason only person either.... I play WAY more matches as a counselor than I could ever hope to play as Jason.

Also, your many contradictions and obvious exaggerations have done absolutely nothing to prove anything I said was a lie or made up...  there was a contextual error as mentioned above which is not a lie or made up.... it is a contextual error, there is a massive difference between the two.
    Also.... I came up with MANY legitimate points against your points... prove one wrong.
    Also... @Qcici
made a good attempt to help you understand the problem with several legitimate points. @Alien_Number_Six gave some good advice. @Fair Play made some good points. @lasse_hei also made several legitimate arguing points aimed at you... saying he is wrong and claiming you were grabbed over all these objects and claimed to be grabbed from 10 feet away by someone with a low ping.... then claiming these to be facts and telling us we cannot deny them does not prove me or any of these people wrong nor does it prove anyone is making anything up.... and saying so is as good as calling everyone liars, which by definition is some one who 'makes up' a false story or claim. I can find no fault in anything that any of these people have said in this thread and would probably be hard pressed to find it elsewhere.
    Where is some videos of these grabs? Note I said videos (plural) and grabs (plural) one five second video or giff of one grab is not 'proof' of anything either and I doubt you will find a video that is anywhere near what you describe, even if the video is from before the October patch. I have seen some questionable grabs in game, but nothing that cannot be explained by lag..... and nothing anywhere close to what you describe. You are the one making wild claims here, others have tried to explain some things to you. So.... tell me... who is it you think should need to prove themselves?

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@Qcici made a good attempt to help you understand the problem with several legitimate points.

WHO DARES SUMMONS THE UNDERLORD OF FORUMS, QCICI?

Nah, the grab is definitely broken, Jason grabs me all the time from like 30 feet away, over fences and couches and I even got grabbed through a window before.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Foxhound32 said:

Nah, the grab is definitely broken, Jason grabs me all the time from like 30 feet away, over fences and couches and I even got grabbed through a window before.

So Jason is Darth Vader?

16 hours ago, TommyJarvis80 said:

That's just not factual at all. In fact, I always see Jason's grabbing really fast, and it does not slow him down. I think you Jason only people are just way too comfortable in getting easy kills. Maybe it helps with your ego?

Obviously you're Minotaur80

Claiming Grabs don't slow down Jason  *CHECK   (Which is a lie)

Claiming everyones a Jason ONLY player  *CHECK  (No such thing as a Jason only player)

Complaining about EASY kills   *CHECK  ( This is just  a dumb comment)

Claiming you're getting grabbed 10 feet away *CHECK   (This doesn't happen unless lag is involved which means JASON is closer then it actually displays)

Why even bother dude.  You know how this little song and dance ends.

9 hours ago, Foxhound32 said:

Jasons current grab range is about 5 feet.     Any sort of weird grabs you encounter is from LAG.

If Jason is grabbing you from 30 feet away.  You need to stop playing with players whos pings are all the red.    

If any of what you posted was true.  Id be killing counselors in seconds when playing as Jason.  30 feet, yaaa right.  :D

16 hours ago, Qcici said:

WHO DARES SUMMONS THE UNDERLORD OF FORUMS, QCICI?

A little rusty on the conjurations... there was a slight error in my protective circle. I will dust off my copy of the Necronomicon.... I think it is missing a page or two.

https://imgur.com/2tzkjrW

GloomyCoarseAlaskanmalamute-size_restric

I think the "grab cone" skips over objects and only uses true ground distance, instead of widths of objects.  You can see this in this video where Jason is able to grab a counselor from behind the couch, despite the counselor being outside of the grab range.  If the game calculates the length of the cone as the distance of what it considers the ground in front, then it makes sense that it would count the 3 feet in front of the couch as within range, rather than 3 feet from where jason stands minus the total width of the object.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:21 AM, HuDawg said:

Obviously you're Minotaur80

Claiming Grabs don't slow down Jason  *CHECK   (Which is a lie)

Claiming everyones a Jason ONLY player  *CHECK  (No such thing as a Jason only player)

Complaining about EASY kills   *CHECK  ( This is just  a dumb comment)

Claiming you're getting grabbed 10 feet away *CHECK   (This doesn't happen unless lag is involved which means JASON is closer then it actually displays)

Why even bother dude.  You know how this little song and dance ends.

There are rules on this forum sir. Follow them. In fact, you should be banned. This is my first profile on this community. Also, I have been grabbed many times by people with low ping ms from far away. Over couches, tables, etc. Deny it all you want sir. The fact is, if I join a server with even yellow ping I leave. I stay where my ping is below 100. So, im NOT getting lag grabbed like you say I am. The grab needs a real tune up.

18 hours ago, TommyJarvis80 said:

There are rules on this forum sir. Follow them. In fact, you should be banned. This is my first profile on this community. Also, I have been grabbed many times by people with low ping ms from far away. Over couches, tables, etc. Deny it all you want sir. The fact is, if I join a server with even yellow ping I leave. I stay where my ping is below 100. So, im NOT getting lag grabbed like you say I am. The grab needs a real tune up.

Im not denying that Jason can grab over couches and tables.   But you're not gonna get grabbed at "10 FEET" away unless someones lagging..and thats the bottom line.

Lol @ following rules...     What ever you say Minortaur :D

The grab is fine and this thread is more retarded than liberal gun grabbers who ban stuff based on cosmetics.

Too many damned anti-Jason liberals on this forum trying to ruin the game by begging the devs for another October patch.

Who wants to see Savini Jason sold anyways???

• Like 1

Jason's grab was fine before the last buff but people complained about it because it was more realistic and less telekinetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Im not denying that Jason can grab over couches and tables.   But you're not gonna get grabbed at "10 FEET" away unless someones lagging..and thats the bottom line.

Lol @ following rules...     What ever you say Minortaur :D

It seems you caught his account early ,they banned this one quick!

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

It seems you caught his account early ,they banned this one quick!

He'll be back. .. They always come back.  lol