Mr. Blonde

F13 Drastically Needs Some Help Or Possibly An Overhaul

Do you want to see any of these changes happen?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see any of these changes happen?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I think the game is perfectly fine as it is.

I came back to F13 this weekend after taking a three month break from the game. Literally nothing has changed from the meta "3 months ago" all the way until now. It's still counselors like Vanessa, Chad, Fox, etc. being abused and constantly selected every match. Counselors are still trying to go for kills on Jason as the preferred method of winning a game while doing objectives as their side mission. This is absurd. Any other multiplayer game that you take a huge break from and then come back, the meta 99% of the time evolves and new strategies are discovered and metas shift. Friday the 13th: The Game sadly seems like a game with a shallow amount of depth and not much varying play styles that allow for a plethora of high-end effective strategies for both Counselors or Jason. This game is a mess if you have no friends or groups to play with and I honestly feel terribly sorry for any of you that are forced to play Quick Play. Many of you probably don't care because you've never experienced how this game truly is played in private matches with seven other friends who happen to be great players, but damn, it is not even the same game when you compare the two modes. I played a whole day straight today of Quick Play without any of my friends or private games, and no wonder people think Jason is so overpowered. There's barely any team work, mics, and it seems like a majority of the team is every man for their-selves. Unbelievable. 

If this game does not receive a major overhaul or big improvements to game play, I fear it may wither down and slowly decay for good and become one of the tiniest community-driven games which I really do not want to see. Friday the 13th is a huge name and it deserves much better for both the community and the online gaming experience.

Aside from fixing many of the bugs and glitches, I strongly propose these changes happen for both public Quick Play and Private play matches:

QUICK PLAY CHANGES:

• Add in keyboard chat for counselors that shows in-game what someone types. (Jason will not see the text pop up on screen if he is close)
  • Get rid of Suicide entirely, and allow a player to climb through a window until their health reaches the lowest possible point. Once your health reaches 1HP, you are only allowed to climb a window once every 10 seconds. Same applies to jumping out of two floor windows.
  • Get rid of being able to run over a counselor with the car to kill them. Now when you run over a counselor, it will just knock them down, and they won't take any damage.
  • Show an indicator on the screen that let's you see where fellow counselor placed bear traps are. It can be a small glow with 50% transparency so you can see traps through walls, doors, or near obscure areas so you know a counselor placed a bear trap.
  • Add an option on Quick Play to search for non-partied games, where you will get paired with any players searching solo only.

PRIVATE PLAY CHANGES:

• A toggle to turn off counselor duplicates. (meaning only one counselor can be selected, no more of this double Vanessa crap.)
  • A toggle to turn off perks. The counselors do not need them VS Jason at all.
  • A toggle to select Jason's Mask varying health points to "Normal, Increased, or Greatly Increased".
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I came back to F13 this weekend after taking a three month break from the game. Literally nothing has changed from the meta "3 months ago" all the way until now. It's still counselors like Vanessa, Chad, Fox, etc. being abused and constantly selected every match. Counselors are still trying to go for kills on Jason as the preferred method of winning a game while doing objectives as their side mission. This is absurd. Any other multiplayer game that you take a huge break from and then come back, the meta 99% of the time evolves and new strategies are discovered and metas shift. Friday the 13th: The Game sadly seems like a game with a shallow amount of depth and not much varying play styles that allow for a plethora of high-end effective strategies for both Counselors or Jason. This game is a mess if you have no friends or groups to play with and I honestly feel terribly sorry for any of you that are forced to play Quick Play. Many of you probably don't care because you've never experienced how this game truly is played in private matches with seven other friends who happen to be great players, but damn, it is not even the same game when you compare the two modes. I played a whole day straight today of Quick Play without any of my friends or private games, and no wonder people think Jason is so overpowered. There's barely any team work, mics, and it seems like a majority of the team is every man for their-selves. Unbelievable. 

If this game does not receive a major overhaul or big improvements to game play, I fear it may wither down and slowly decay for good and become one of the tiniest community-driven games which I really do not want to see. Friday the 13th is a huge name and it deserves much better for both the community and the online gaming experience.

Aside from fixing many of the bugs and glitches, I strongly propose these changes happen for both public Quick Play and Private play matches:

QUICK PLAY CHANGES:

• Add in keyboard chat for counselors that shows in-game what someone types. (Jason will not see the text pop up on screen if he is close)
  • Get rid of Suicide entirely, and allow a player to climb through a window until their health reaches the lowest possible point. Once your health reaches 1HP, you are only allowed to climb a window once every 10 seconds. Same applies to jumping out of two floor windows.
  • Get rid of being able to run over a counselor with the car to kill them. Now when you run over a counselor, it will just knock them down, and they won't take any damage.
  • Show an indicator on the screen that let's you see where fellow counselor placed bear traps are. It can be a small glow with 50% transparency so you can see traps through walls, doors, or near obscure areas so you know a counselor placed a bear trap.
  • Add an option on Quick Play to search for non-partied games, where you will get paired with any players searching solo only.

PRIVATE PLAY CHANGES:

• A toggle to turn off counselor duplicates. (meaning only one counselor can be selected, no more of this double Vanessa crap.)
  • A toggle to select Jason's Mask varying health points to "Normal, Increased, or Greatly Increased".
  • A toggle to turn off rain.

Although these are great suggestions, this game is getting an overhaul in a way with the engine update.Re-hauling(all the game) would kill it for certain. Your changes (some of which are great) can be easily added to a patch.Overall this is a yes from me.

Image result for Thats going to be a yes for me

Another one of these subjects I cannot show any opinion until I play the game.

The only thing maybe I can agree is that people want to kill Jason way more often. And I may be wrong.

I actually played a bit of QP this weekend. Think I haven't played since shortly after the last patch other than a little offline. Same sentiment really. I played with my preference set to counselor and didn't take a single match seriously. I actually found it much more enjoyable in that state of mind but still found myself a bit baffled by the same kinds of stupidity that I hoped would have subsided. 

Kill squads in every game, which in no way means that they were capable in any sense. Most of them got butchered. Players still picking up and dropping objective items, or, all items being carried to one spot on the map. Players carrying 2 sets of keys. Speed looting cabins leaving things unchecked and doors open. 

Definitely took the lone wolf route and was surviving decently. Absolutely made no attempt to help anyone and passed them happily anytime I had the car repaired and going. Even got the car repaired and out alone, came back as Tommy (who I called) and then repaired and left in the boat all on the Jarvis map if that's any indicator of how aimlessly everyone was running around. 

Definitely looking forward to the April update but finding I enjoy this game the most when I keep to myself either by playing offline or going at it it solo in QP.

Ah, just remembered one thing different I did notice, the accusations of cheater or hacker were slung around pretty liberally. Any time that a Jason screwed up something a counselor was attempting or a counselor upset Jason's immediate strategy it would result in, "Nice hack! Cheater! Go and die! You're level 150 and have to hack, what a pussy!" And so on and so forth. Just never heard quite so much before.

41 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Another one of these subjects I cannot show any opinion until I play the game.

The only thing maybe I can agree is that people want to kill Jason way more often. And I may be wrong.

Killing Jason is the easiest way to win if you have a party of as few as 3 people working towards it.

• Like 2

I agree with most except the suicide. They still died, no reason for threads asking to get rid of it.  The stacked counselors is weird, because I don’t see it working without complaints. 

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I agree with most except the suicide. They still died, no reason for threads asking to get rid of it.  The stacked counselors is weird, because I don’t see it working without complaints. 

Why would anyone be against having a toggle to turn off duplicate selection of the same counselor in private matches? If you want to constantly play games with triple Vanessa's, Battle Chads, and three Tiffany's hiding around the map, then just play Quick Play or don't turn the toggle when you make a private match with friends... The point of this toggle is to give players that want a more balanced version of F13 a chance to do so with their friends. It brings way more strategy and counselor diversity to the table as well since you will see more counselors getting some play time rather than them being replaced by a another Vanessa or Chad.

Also do you remember those F13 movies where counselor's repeatedly climbed through windows to intentionally commit suicide? Because I don't. Not only would it solve the pointless and terrible decision of even adding the ability to commit suicide in the game for Quick Play, but it would also be a buff for counselors in Quick Play since they would be able to retreat from Jason longer and not have to worry about dying to a window. Jason will still have to earn his kill, but it'll be worth it. It's a small buff to the terrible imbalance of all the counselor skill in team work for Quick Play.

Credit suicides as a kill to Jason and you will see the number go down as no-one will want to give points to Jason.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Credit suicides as a kill to Jason and you will see the number go down as no-one will want to give points to Jason.

But then counselor players will complain it's too easy for Jason to get the kill credit and it's not "fair" since he didn't earn it. The way I proposed fixes all the complaining about him not earning the kill, while also slightly giving the counselor an added survival boost in Quick Play only.

Plus seeing Jason kill-parties with three members or more intentionally committing suicide so they instantly come back as Tommy Jarvis is one of the dumbest things I've seen in any video game.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

But then counselor players will complain it's too easy for Jason to get the kill credit and it's not "fair" since he didn't earn it. The way I proposed fixes all the complaining about him not earning the kill, while also slightly giving the counselor an added survival boost in Quick Play only.

Plus seeing Jason kill-parties with three members or more intentionally committing suicide so they instantly come back as Tommy Jarvis is one of the dumbest things I've seen in any video game.

Let them cry, they've had it too easy for too long, it's time Jason gets revenge. It could be made where suicides don't count for Tommy respawns.

We need to keep suicides in the game because there would be no point in breaking windows. Just credit the kill to Jason and the troll suicides stop.

@Mr. Blonde
     Quick Play:
     *Keyboard chat for counselors in game, although you have to stop and type, still negates the need for a walkie talkie... just riskier to use. Also, big buff to counselors as now Jason cannot overhear their plans. This would be a MASSIVE BUFF to the Jason hunters, which you state as a new meta and call absurd. It is a good idea but only for the Jason hunters.
     *Taking out suicide.... although suicide is never the answer, taking it out can cause some serious problems... like those pesky window hoppers at a window that Jason has to walk halfway through a house to get to, then back around to the outside where they pop back in.... I know there are tactics against this.... newer players do not, I have already seen this last for way too long in many games. I could go on with other reasons, but I can already see this post being too long. As @Redcat345 suggested, simply remove the option for a suicide to get Tommy Jarvis.... this is a great idea, removing suicides, not so much.
     *Getting rid of any damage from a car running you over...... I am against team killing (unless agreed upon by everyone in the match), but this is one of those realism things. We all need to be careful when driving a car, and yes I have faced drivers that ran over everyone else in the game and survived many times. Always keep a tree, or rock or fence post between you and the car (never trust the driver, even if you know them... even in real life)... the maps all have a great many different things on the them that the car cannot drive through to kill you, keep these between you and the car when it is nearby. I am neither against taking it out, nor for it. People that use the cars for team killing like this, I can name six of them and if I see them in a lobby, I warn the lobby and promptly leave before the game starts. If I have to wait several minutes to get into a match without these people, then so be it. If I find another in a new match, I remember their name and add it to the list.
     *An indicator for player based traps is a great idea!!! Though it may look a bit weird in game until we get used to it. Excellent idea to stop one method of trolling pretty much dead in its tracks.
     *Search option for non partied games.... although I do see Jason teamers now and again, I see far more teams of two or three people that work together and generally for the team. This is not the way to get rid of Jason helpers and punishes people who play with friends in quick play who actually play to help the team of strangers.... there are some of us that are not ignorant trolls out there too you know. You have probably played with teams of two or three people that were helpful to the team many times and did not even realize it.

Private Matches:
     *Toggle for counselor duplicates... there is nothing wrong with twins and triplets, even quadruplets of any counselor. I do not often see triplets of any and I don't remember ever seeing more than four of any one counselor in a match I have played. Many matches you will find people who play a preferred counselor, many of these people would not be happy when forced to play another counselor they do not want to play.... although I think many may see this as a good idea until it forces them to play a counselor they do not want to play because every counselor they like has already been taken... No one is always the first in line for anything. This could be a good thing for some, a bad thing for others. I do not like seeing that many of any counselor in a game, particularly the battle Chads.... but I will not tell others who to play in a game.
     *Toggle to turn of Perks.... Great idea for a more difficult game mode right here!!! As long as it is agreed to by everyone. If not I think many players will eat the salt and leave. I would play it if everyone in the lobby wanted to try it.
     *A toggle to select Jason's mask HP.... I like it... but who gets the toggle switch? If it is the Jason player, then I see almost always having max HP... I have no problem with that at all as a counselor or Jason player. If the toggle is left to any one else... one of them will be the Jason hunters and you know which option they will pick every single game.

You have a couple of really good ideas here, but overall.....more ideas that would hurt the game.... so I cannot vote yes.

5 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Let them cry, they've had it too easy for too long, it's time Jason gets revenge. It could be made where suicides don't count for Tommy respawns.

We need to keep suicides in the game because there would be no point in breaking windows. Just credit the kill to Jason and the troll suicides stop.

There will always be a point to breaking windows because they do damage to counselors and can put them in limping state which is easy pickings for Jason.

@Ahab So instead of allowing players who don't have mics to communicate with their team freely in Quick play, you rather players not have the option to do so but spam emotes as "communication"? Really? Typing will never be as good as mics because it's longer to type something out than to say it, and you won't be able to type if you're in the middle of something or Jason is there. Typing would not be broken or 'overpowered' for Jason hunters. Complete straw man argument. It will benefit the team as a whole and help with many things such as objectives, communication, planning, general team work, etc.

Window hoppers are not going to all of a sudden become extremely hard to kill. You do realize a limping counselor is the EASIEST thing to chase and kill down in the entire game, right? Yes, even more than Lachappa. Just throw a knife and they will instantly die. No one is going to window hop Jason until the timer runs out when they're limping. It's literally impossible, especially with the 10 second window cooldown, Jason's morph, shift, traps, etc.

Car mass murdering is a joke. This game is Friday the 13th: The game, not Grand Theft Auto 5. No one is going to miss killing people with cars, especially in Quick Play. And if you really do miss it THAT bad, then you could always make a private game with friends and convince them to turn on Friendly Fire so you can run them over and kill them with the car.

No one is getting punished if they add a filter for players to search for solo non-partied matches only. Players that want to play with their friends in parties, or play with other lone wolves who are searching in normal quick play will be plenty to connect to. But those who do NOT want to deal with Jason teamers, have every right to do so by having an option to search for non-partied Quick Play. More options = everyone is happy.

Also how on Earth can anyone be against having selectable toggles in private games? None of you can be serious whatsoever here. If you DON'T want to play with the option to NOT have duplicate counselors, then you have three options here:

1.) Play Quick Play

2.) Turn the toggle OFF in private match so you can choose multiple of the same counselor

3.) Play with friends in private games and not random people who you have no clue what their intentions are if they are the private game host (how does this scenario even happen?)

Seriously, there's a toggle to turn on or off Friendly Fire in private games and I don't see any of you making a dramatic stink "BUT OMG IF FRIENDLY FIRE IS IN PRIVATE GAME, THERE WILL BE TEAM KILLERS AND ETC.". You guys must really not know what P-R-I-V-A-T-E game means? Or maybe you've never played it? Sorry, but it's showing. Don't deny players and dedicated groups more options in private game to make the game infinitely better to their liking because you DON'T use them or private games.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

There will always be a point to breaking windows because they do damage to counselors and can put them in limping state which is easy pickings for Jason.

As long as it still kills counselors, because it's a realistic environmental hazard that needs to be kept.

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

As long as it stills kills counselors, because it's a realistic environmental hazard that needs to be kept.

Look, if Gunmedia decides to just give Jason the kill credit for suicides, I'm all for that. I doubt that will happen because it would most likely cause an outrage. But in general, suicide has no place in this game or the movies. It was a mistake that they did so, and it affects the game in all negative manners. Suicide is just there for Jason hunters to easily get Tommy Jarvis or for grievers and trolls to deny Jason any EXP or a kill credit.

15 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

QUICK PLAY CHANGES:

PRIVATE PLAY CHANGES:

Everything great, BUT, guess where these changes have developers.
Read the topics with suggestions, check in how many threads someone from the top has given up and said - a good idea.

:sadchappa:

1 hour ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Look, if Gunmedia decides to just give Jason the kill credit for suicides, I'm all for that. I doubt that will happen because it would most likely cause an outrage. But in general, suicide has no place in this game or the movies. It was a mistake that they did so, and it affects the game in all negative manners. Suicide is just there for Jason hunters to easily get Tommy Jarvis or for grievers and trolls to deny Jason any EXP or a kill credit.

Broken windows were put in to discourage dbd styled loop trolling through windows, which is why the window deaths need to be kept. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Broken windows were put in to discourage dbd styled loop trolling through windows, which is why the window deaths need to be kept. 

DBD windows function nothing like this game. 

First of all, survivors move WAY faster in DBD when they are "crippled" compared to Friday 13th. Second, there's no way to automatically damage survivors with broken windows in DBD and whittle their health down to "cripple" state.

Please explain to me how any character in this game can window loop Jason when they are crippled.

Literally in all my 1,500+ hours of playing Friday the 13th, I have NEVER seen a Jason struggle or fail to kill a crippled "window looping" Vanessa.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Please explain to me how any character in this game can window loop Jason when they are crippled.

Ima laugh if all the sudden you just hop through a window and then Jason decides to DC :lol::lol::lol: Shit like that happens in DBD with Pallets too. Yesterday I played DBD and then I hopped through a window when a LeatherFace was chasing me. I just saw him staring through the window then the camera went to the screen where everyone was running :lol:

@Mr. Blonde
   The greatest tactic that leads to success for the Jason hunters is to keep their plans from Jason.... so yes, an in game chat through text is a MASSIVE BUFF to the Jason hunters. Pretty far from a straw man argument actually, IF you spend more than one second thinking about it. I have plenty of friends that have no mics and some that simply choose not to use them. We can communicate with emotes just fine and I have in a great many games been able to communicate with total strangers with emotes just fine.... I am sorry you cannot do this, but other people can.
   It would benefit the team. You are correct, but also becomes a nerf to Jason as he can also plan around what he hears you talking about..... far more realistic than sending text messages to each other way back in the 80's. We did not have text messaging with mobile devices in the 80's..... at all. But if you want to go that far, sure. Put a loud ringtone on it when ANYONE receives a text message in game to denote that someone travelled through time to get these kids cell phones (on which they would have absolutely no idea of how to turn off the ringer), then quickly put up all of the cell phone towers to make sure they function properly. We have walkie talkies in the game for a reason, not cell phones..... closing in on a light year from a straw man argument now....
   It will make walkie talkies NEARLY redundant. If Jason is no where near you (easy to find out if anyone is telling you over a walkie talkie where he is.... I did say NEARLY redundant), then you can communicate through chat to players that you would not otherwise be able to communicate with as the game stands now.... the only time you could not is if Jason is nearby, then it would be dangerous to do. Still a MASSIVE BUFF for counselors... not just the Jason hunters. All of their plans cannot be heard by Jason... this would simulate Jason being deaf to any voices he would otherwise be able to hear.
   All of these reasons... and I could go on, and on..... are probably why the devs chose to use walkie talkies and have no text chat in the game. This was a conscious decision on their part. I wondered why there was no text chat in game when I was new to the game, it only took a few games as a counselor and one game as Jason to figure out why. I think I have achieved a light year away from a straw man argument, you, however, have not.
   I am also sorry that you type so slowly, practice more, you will get quicker.... I can type things out pretty frigin' quickly myself..... although for some people, it will take longer to read it than typing it out. 

I do realize how easy it is to kill a limping counselor, I am actually a fairly good Jason player. But as a limping counselor, I have still been able to avoid Jason for a very long time thanks to said Jason NOT smashing windows. And yes I have run the timer out on a Jason.... window hoping when limping, several times.... far from impossible. Also easier to do when up against a walking Jason.
   Throwing knives are easily avoided much of the time (even when limping), Jason only has so many throwing knives at any time, it takes time for Jason to go and get more throwing knives (during which the limping counselor can easily find a med spray), he may not have throwing knives at the time. Why would Jason want to waste a throwing knife on a limping counselor unless he was in a hurry to do something else? As to traps, late in the game... how often do you have traps left? I rarely see a Jason laying a trap after ten minutes into a game... even a part 2 Jason.
   What is this ten second window cool down you speak off? I have never had a problem jumping through a window and right back out if I want to... even done it by accident many times.

I know car murdering is a joke. I never said I like it. I merely pointed out that some things in game should remain realistic. You will never get rid of all the trolls, but as I pointed out in the above post: cars are easy to avoid if you are as cautious as you would be in real life around a car. This is far different then having team killing turned on.. you have to suspect everyone in the game of killing you at any moment, that is a totally different ball game.
   I have only killed one person with a car on purpose and that was someone standing in front of the car while Jason was fast approaching the driver's side window to grab me. He would not move and risked getting me and everyone else in the car killed. This was a no brainer.... the troll or Jason helper... or whatever you want to call him got run over. I would gladly do it again IF I had to. I am not a team killer and if I play in a private match, the only person getting team killed was by accident when someone missed a swing at Jason in an attempt to save that person from his grip and the hit killed the person they were trying to save. This makes for a more challenging game as you should not take a swing until you are in a proper position to hit Jason and not the counselor in his grip. With team killing off, some people think their weapon should magically phase through the counselor and hit Jason anyway. This is another instance for SOME  realism in the game. Even with team killing off, you should still have to hit Jason properly to free someone.... your weapon should never magically phase through another counselor to strike Jason.

More options for one person, less options for groups..... everyone not happy. We do not have a massive player base as you should know. Groups come in all different sizes, from two to eight. Groups of eight have nothing to worry about (Full Lobby). Groups of two to seven may never get a full lobby to play with or have to wait an inordinate amount of time to do so with what you propose. Jason teamers are still rare. Film your games, try to get them to admit to it through voice chat or goad them into doing anything that blatantly proves they are working together and report them. They should be banned... I agree that non of us should have to play against these people. There are a great many groups of people that play with teamwork that includes the strangers they are playing with. Many of these groups of friends you may not even realize are in a group and many are probably responsible for a good number of escapes you yourself have made in the past and will be responsible for many in the future. So yes, this can even hurt you.
    Even people with a lot of friends rarely have enough in game to create a full lobby. By your thinking we should have to play games with three, maybe four... sometimes five people and rarely a full lobby. As I said, not all groups are bad people to be playing with and Jason teamers are still fairly rare. And yes... the teamers annoy the crap out of me too.

I am not against your toggle ideas at all. It is just questionable as to who is in control of the toggle. What is really best for it? A vote? That can lead to minimum HP on Jason's mask in every game (the chosen Jason player should get sole control of this if it were implemented). It could lead to losing everyone that voted no to not using perks before the game starts, or after the game starts.... some things will be worth the salt to some people. I already mentioned in the previous post how the multi counselor toggle could be bad just because of people that refuse to play a counselor they do not want to play (they could easily be limited to counselors they don't want to play by this toggle).... once again, some things are worth the salt to some people for leaving the game. Even in a private match, not everyone (even friends) can agree to these things. This could simply lead to the toggle almost never being used.
    Also as I said in the previous post, I would be willing to play without perks if everyone else was willing..... I just do not care about multi counselors in a game, but beyond triplets starts to move toward a face palm or worse.

I do like some of your ideas.... you're welcome.
    I am very sorry this post became so long, but the fact you could not think things through was showing. I hope this helps you to see there is more than one point to think of for ANY idea, whether in this game or in any other situation in life. This is why we discuss ideas with others. More than two eyes on any problem helps to come up with a better solution or a more logical way to implement the original idea, or sometimes it can help the originator of the idea admit to him or her self that an idea was overall bad for balance and should not be implemented. Some of your ideas are great, others... not so much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Why would anyone be against having a toggle to turn off duplicate selection of the same counselor in private matches? If you want to constantly play games with triple Vanessa's, Battle Chads, and three Tiffany's hiding around the map, then just play Quick Play or don't turn the toggle when you make a private match with friends... The point of this toggle is to give players that want a more balanced version of F13 a chance to do so with their friends. It brings way more strategy and counselor diversity to the table as well since you will see more counselors getting some play time rather than them being replaced by a another Vanessa or Chad.

Also do you remember those F13 movies where counselor's repeatedly climbed through windows to intentionally commit suicide? Because I don't. Not only would it solve the pointless and terrible decision of even adding the ability to commit suicide in the game for Quick Play, but it would also be a buff for counselors in Quick Play since they would be able to retreat from Jason longer and not have to worry about dying to a window. Jason will still have to earn his kill, but it'll be worth it. It's a small buff to the terrible imbalance of all the counselor skill in team work for Quick Play.

But getting rid of Suicide will just make players leave. I doubt Salt Mines would even be put in PC with such a low player count. It won’t be a buff either, it’s a useless change that won’t effect teamwork. 

Last time I checked, this is a game not a movie. 

Illphonic has recently admitted that the game was never developed with the metagame in mind. With that being said they also admitted this was a mistake and they are working to improve it. Check out the GDC thread in the general discussion fourms. I personally found it illuminating.

I feel similarly. We are coming up on a year of launch and the game is unfortunately as buggy as ever. The glitches that were once tolerable have become increasingly more insufferable when paired with the increased trolling and decreased objectivity within the player base. Smh. It’s not going to return to ‘how it used to be’ however long of breaks players take. With the physical, Black Friday sales, and Christmas, kids are here to stay, as much as that sucks. The sales are great for the devs but as the game has been refined and become better, the gameplay experience has somehow gotten worse. This game found a way to become less fun the better it got smh. Kids have driven the change in gameplay as hardcore F13th IP fans are not the main fan base anymore. The game is still fun to step into for a few hours every now and then but it’s no longer the unwinding game it used to be for a lot of people.

• Like 1

Agree with the private match option changes. The quick play changes, although I do agree with them mostly, would need some extra thought given as to how they would actually work in the real world. Some people are just plain dicks who will look for any way to exploit newly introduced game mechanics. Not to mention the possiblity of introducing new glitches or bugs.

The game fucking sucks now. Point blank period. Connection time outs are at their worst. Once-random bugs like being unable to interact have become increasingly common. The hosts quit almost half the time and players utterly refuse to play objectives. I recommend the developers take the engine, hardware, the backups for the software and chuck it all in a dumpster because that’s where it belongs. I’ve never seen a game with this many patches at this stage of release be so completely broken and unplayable. What it needs is to be thrown in the trash because it’s being deleted from my system immediately. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1