Sign in to follow this  
IVIalicious

Can we please get some modding support or a guide on how to mod the game if possible?

As the title says.

Can we please get some information of possible modding support or tips on how to actually modify the game's files if at all possible?. 

I've wanted to mess around with Jason's abilities for a while now but I've noticed that there aren't actually any accessible files to do so in the game's directory or i do not have the correct software to view them. Which is a shame because it would make the game interesting in Offline Bots instead of the same old thing every once in a while. Take Jason's rage being available at the start of the match or Jason's abilities having a 1 second cooldown for example. 

Keep in mind that i'm ONLY talking about OFFLINE play here, stuff like that online would be ridiculous and unbalanced. Probably not even possible at all if the asset information is stored server-side instead of client-side. (Don't know why you would store information like that client-side but yeah) 

So, can you help a guy out here?. :)

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, IVIalicious said:

As the title says.

Can we please get some information of possible modding support or tips on how to actually modify the game's files if at all possible?. 

I've wanted to mess around with Jason's abilities for a while now but I've noticed that there aren't actually any accessible files to do so in the game's directory or i do not have the correct software to view them. Which is a shame because it would make the game interesting in Offline Bots instead of the same old thing every once in a while. Take Jason's rage being available at the start of the match or Jason's abilities having a 1 second cooldown for example. 

Keep in mind that i'm ONLY talking about OFFLINE play here, stuff like that online would be ridiculous and unbalanced. Probably not even possible at all if the asset information is stored server-side instead of client-side. (Don't know why you would store information like that client-side but yeah) 

No! Don't care if its only for offline. Modding the game in anyway is not allowed.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, silencedeffect said:

Probably shouldn't ask about such a request in a official forum :unsure:

Yep, really stupid thing to do tbh.

3 hours ago, IVIalicious said:

As the title says.

That would just decrease the amount of players playing the game because no one wants hackers with nothing else better to do in the game

4 hours ago, IVIalicious said:

As the title says.

WOW!!! I don't play PC but DAMN! Are you seriously asking that here?

I won't report this. I prefer to let the mods see it by themselves.

I'm not sure why everyone is acting likea sking for the ability to mod the offline version is so unheard of. It's been a thing in other games for years. 

The OP is correct if this game was built securely it should be possible to allow modding for the offline version, but the modified assets couldn't be imported to the online side. There should be a mechanism anytime the game tries to connect to the online servers it determines if the client files have been tampered with. I don't think this is the case though so modding will never be a thing, officially.

I wouldn't be interested in tinkering with any of Jason's or counselor abilities but it'd be nice to play with the maps and create custom ones by putting the Packanack lodge on Crystal lake or combining two maps to make one big one, etc.

I know little about computers, but what I do know is that if the mods that would work only in offline mode still end up being ported somehow online, that could open up a seriously messed up can of worms.

Why is everyone so shocked like they just saw someone Commit Murder? 

OP Only said that it was for Offline Only.

• Thanks 1

Read the EULA, specifically this in section 2:

"(a) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you may not: (i) remove any proprietary notices from any copy of the Software; (ii) cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, translation, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or hacking of the Software"

Modifying the game is not allowed, simple. The developers never intended for the game to be moddable and doing it online/offline is irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3