@TheHansonGoons

You're not wrong. I definitely am not surprised some folks have decided to write it off despite whatever comes out next.

The day Gun decided it's "Us. vs. Them" is when the wheels really came off. That whole Dilly Dingus thing, in retrospect, and how it was handled basically started a chain reaction of events by the publishers and community that put both sides at odds and no one has been able to bridge the gap since.

There's also a bizarre disconnect with things- like @wes doing seminars or speeches on how to run a successful Kickstarter, yet there's still unfulfilled Kickstarters rewards. I would've hoped the true mark of a successful Kickstarter was not just getting your funding but fulfilling the promises and rewards in full.

The forum is definitely dying. I checked the user list at some point last week and there was about 8-9 members on... :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@TheHansonGoons "come back every time" there we have the problem. That they were gone in the first place and vanished again.  Why? Becaue new content isn´t enough. Fix the bugs and problems THEN bring new content. 

It´s like a Yoyo. New content, players come back, same old problems, players stop again. rinse and repeat. Doesn´t help the game or the players in any way to release new content. As we can clearly see in the last few months. New maps, new Jasons, Emotes, Swimsuits, Kills. All new content yet, it´s dying slowly.

And when they basically had only trolls and moviefans left (well at least on steam) they deceided to fk up Roy with letting him hear Pam and having the sweater to stun. (yes, i know too much work. That´s a case of if you can´t do it properly, don´t do it at all) meh. Hardcore fans my ass.

And as no new game mode is planned, Jason X will be the next fk up. Just beeing a "normal" Jason on normal maps. WTF? Why even add him then and not another non movie Jason like Savini?

17 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Can't understand why people still throw that shit at you, you're probably one of the top most knowledgeable guys on here and they always say that. Some people don't like to look outside what's given...

If I have to think of a reason it’s probably because some people have too much of an ego to admit they need a little help. Once someone understands the problem and solution, their attitude changes. I think the community needs more players asking for help rather than lashing out at the game.

• Like 1

@Redrum138 people who declare bugs and glitches as game mechanics are called abuser or cheaters in other games. That might be why people don´t like him from time to time. Just saying. And it get´s even worse if people who play like intended "don´t understand the game"

You know guys, since we're all having a get-together reminiscing as well as predicting, I'll just say this: these threads are dumb.

Doomsday threads have popped up repeatedly throughout the existence of this game, yet it continues to live. Not with COD numbers, of course, but enough that we're actually going to see Uber Jason when he was originally going to be one of the final things the devs said they would do if ever. Then there's dedicated servers for the consoles, something that people have been clamoring for a while now. It's taken months since, but it'll become a reality once the game engine update is completed, and when it does that will solve one of the hugest problems about this game.

Starting today, I'm going to collect these threads, and present them every time a doomsday thread pops up. Because it sure as hell ain't dying anytime soon, yet all the salty doomsday theories are delicious enough to make these kinds of threads worthwhile to read.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Redrum138 people who declare bugs and glitches as game mechanics are called abuser or cheaters in other games. That might be why people don´t like him from time to time. Just saying. And it get´s even worse if people who play like intended "don´t understand the game"

What’s playing like “intended”? With this game, generally playing the opposite as “intended” is the more effective way to play it. That is purely because the devs have so little understanding of what is and isn’t effective. Certain things that the game is built around simply aren’t supported by its own mechanics. If you want to see how the devs view the game all you need to do is play offline and observe the bots basically. Regardless of trajectory issues the general behaviour tries to mimic online, in the worst possible way.

Good Jason and counselor gameplay is playing against the established rules. That is what the meta is built around.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

What’s playing like “intended”? With this game, generally playing the opposite as “intended” is the more effective way to play it. That is purely because the devs have so little understanding of what is and isn’t effective. Certain things that the game is built around simply aren’t supported by its own mechanics. If you want to see how the devs view the game all you need to do is play offline and observe the bots basically. Regardless of trajectory issues the general behaviour tries to mimic online, in the worst possible way.

Good Jason and counselor gameplay is playing against the established rules. That is what the meta is built around.

you do think the bots represent how devs wanted this game to be? bwahahahahahaha. are you fkn serious? dude. stupid bs.

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

you do think the bots represent how devs wanted this game to be? bwahahahahahaha. are you fkn serious? dude. stupid bs.

Yes it seems ridiculous but there is a line between programming quality and decision making by the ones programming it. Bots focus on objectives and hiding, combat when cornered. Good human players focus on combat to accomplish everything they need to. The lack of combat focused gameplay in offline reflects how disconnected the devs are from the playerbase.

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

bwhahahaha.

Laugh it up. You are the one complaining about the game here after all. Playing it as “intended”, no less. That’s ok though, you will be reading and learning what I post regardless so there is some irony to this argument.

Fyi why i laugh: There is a difference between declaring bugs and glitches beeing a game mechanic and having a more agressive playstyle than the bots. And the SP is designed for the Jason OP feeling. They act like that on purpose.

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Fyi why i laugh: There is a difference between declaring bugs and glitches beeing a game mechanic and having a more agressive playstyle than the bots. And the SP is designed for the Jason OP feeling. They act like that on purpose.

What bugs / glitches? Do you even understand the topic of the conversation you started? This is not about glitching your way through the game. 

16 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I dont think its "dead", because in a sense it never lived. Even from the begining it was plagued by errors that made most of the initial players never return. How many of the 1.8 mil that bought the game in the first couple months accepted it as a wasted $40 and never returned?

The sad part is even die hard fans are considering not returning after this patch. A few I(even we) know and talk to dont even care to play it anymore after the patch. They think the formula is too boring. Or that a year of mistakes has shown the potential of this game may never be reached.

I dont think they can "bring this game back". I think it is what it is: a low playerbase but some dedicated fans mainly due to franchise name, kills, and hopes of future content.

There will always be the 500 players per platform number. I dont think they will ever fry a server again, even after dedicated servers. I think DS will bring some people back, but i doubt every bug ever gets worked out. So what then? 

I dont think SP challenges, 1 multiplayer game type and bots will be enough to keep people around. I think most of the dedicated fans already spent weeks worth of in game time and are bored with the game so they may never return. 

Look at how slow the forums are. A lot of the regulars are gone and appear once a week or so. They will be back after the patch. Then what, gone after a week or two? 

You are right. The game is dead, unless you consider the >2000k a day gamers keeping it alive. Its like Diablo 2 5 years later. This is the time when you see who really cares about playing this game, and who had hopes for more and sees the game for the fat girl it is. 

We all know what lies ahead: the mean girl, the wheelchair jock, Uber Jason, Grendel, Camp Forest Green and possibly maps for each movie( if the devs care to keep it alive long enough), SP challenges. Paranoia if we are lucky but only a few will play that. What will you do then? Keep playing or be disappointed?

Me personally, i will always check out new content. I already got $40 worth of enjoyment out of the game. I have paid more for games i played less. 

So true! I agree with all these points, the game formula is just not interesting at all, It's the same thing over and over:

• Spawn in as a Counselor.
  • Run around a map for twenty minutes looking in draws, expecting something useful like a map or pocket knife.
  • Find car parts, repair car. Only for some dick to take it for himself, leaving you to die again.
  • Get killed by Jason.
  • Leave lobby, find another match so you can do the same thing that you just did 20 minutes ago.

Even playing as Jason has gotten boring:

• Spawn in as Jason.
  • Collect throwing knives from shack.
  • Morph to objectives and trap them.
  • Attempt to kill all the counselors(which i do 98% of the time).
  • The other 2% are one or two counselors escaping or players trying to kill me(which has yet to happen to me).

Thats basically the whole game summed up, spend 40$ to do all the thing listed above <_<.

(Not to mention all the disconnections an rage quits that happen).

• Like 3

@pApA^LeGBa "come back every time" is because there is a wide world of games out there. Cant expect everyone to play one game all the time. 

@bewareofbears did the whole "us vs them" idea start with Halloween costumes or the forum member that threatened Ben for banning him? Either way, good point. I think that mainly affects forum members more than the gaming community though. The number of players isn't caused by Dilly Dingus, Patriots1, Darrin Howard or any of those turd burgulars. 

@Trident77  whereas I agree there will always be some playerbase, it will always be a very small crowd per platform. SP challenges will bring some people back for a bit, dedicated servers may create a surge, but one multiplayer mode is still redundant. People will get bored. My point is, each platform will keep about 500-1000 people a day after the excitement of new content wears down.

@Freddie Mercury thanks man. And I agree. Bots are so pointless as I dont achieve anything by playing them. No badges, no achievements, nothing to progress towards. As for the multiplayer aspect, you nailed the formula. Chase, smash, kill. 

I played the game for the first time in about a month yesterday and it was 2 of the most frustrating experiences ever. Didnt have any hosts quit nor connection issues. Just selfish, micless players doing whatever they felt like. That is another thing that is killing the enjoyment of this game: no one communicating and no teamwork. Just mindless drones walking around not helping each other thinking its better for self preservation, only to find everyone is now separated and easier to kill. My girlfriend looked at me yesterday and said "i think i know why you quit playing this game now". Dedicated servers wont help the problem of boring, frustrating matches with ignorant people.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@pApA^LeGBa "come back every time" is because there is a wide world of games out there. Cant expect everyone to play one game all the time. 

@bewareofbears did the whole "us vs them" idea start with Halloween costumes or the forum member that threatened Ben for banning him? Either way, good point. I think that mainly affects forum members more than the gaming community though. The number of players isn't caused by Dilly Dingus, Patriots1, Darrin Howard or any of those turd burgulars. 

@Trident77  whereas I agree there will always be some playerbase, it will always be a very small crowd per platform. SP challenges will bring some people back for a bit, dedicated servers may create a surge, but one multiplayer mode is still redundant. People will get bored. My point is, each platform will keep about 500-1000 people a day after the excitement of new content wears down.

@Freddie Mercury thanks man. And I agree. Bots are so pointless as I dont achieve anything by playing them. No badges, no achievements, nothing to progress towards. As for the multiplayer aspect, you nailed the formula. Chase, smash, kill. 

I played the game for the first time in about a month yesterday and it was 2 of the most frustrating experiences ever. Didnt have any hosts quit nor connection issues. Just selfish, micless players doing whatever they felt like. That is another thing that is killing the enjoyment of this game: no one communicating and no teamwork. Just mindless drones walking around not helping each other thinking its better for self preservation, only to find everyone is now separated and easier to kill. My girlfriend looked at me yesterday and said "i think i know why you quit playing this game now". Dedicated servers wont help the problem of boring, frustrating matches with ignorant people.

I feel your angry, i played my first quickplay match a couple of days ago, joined a lobby, and the first i heard was " god dammit! This guy is lvl 150, hope He's not Jason". Sure enough, i was chosen to be Jason that round. I collected my knives, morphed to the phone placed two traps, killed a Vanessa while waiting for my morph to recharge(unfortunatly was chosen to be part 6). So morphed to the cars trapped them, sensed someone was in the cabin next to the car, guess who it was? Same guy who didn't want me to be Jason, so broke down the door, dude attempted to stun me. Let's just say i blocked him, grabbed him and he said "if you kill me, i'll leave". Well, i killed him anyways. And, surprise, surprise.

"Host has left the game".

Ok, i'll just find another match then. Joined a lobby, match started, was Jason again. So, i did what is typical, trapped objectives, killed 6 of the counselors, about to kill the last one.

Then, screen goes black. "Connection to host lost".

After that, i just played some battlefield. Couldn't be arsed with the disconnections that night.

• Like 2

@TheHansonGoons well, that clearly shows new content is NOT enough. A lot would stay if problems got actually dealt with. I get it, you don´t wanna face it, but alone the fact that you have to compare it to a way older game when talking about the playerbase, says enough.

A year ago, everyone was bubbling over with excitement. Now people are Paula Cole asking, "Where have all the cowboys gone?" 

I would say the community is like a nagging partner and the devs are tone deaf, which has led us here. 

This means that in the best case hackers will play against each other, and in the worst case they will shut down the servers and end. If by the end of this year, the game does not undergo profound changes, then yes, this is the end.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:22 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

I dont think SP challenges, 1 multiplayer game type and bots will be enough to keep people around. I think most of the dedicated fans already spent weeks worth of in game time and are bored with the game so they may never return. 

This is one of the reasons why I don't really have much faith in this update. With the upcoming content presented, gameplay wise, you're given the impression things will still feel the same. The new engine is probably about the closest thing we're going to get towards some kind of revamp.  Unless they're going to surprise us with something big we're unaware of in regards to single player challenges.

I just feel this update really needs to grab people. I'm not saying this is their last chance to avoid doomsday, but I can definitely see a lot of player morale go down big time. Evidently something like that could lead to the game's demise in the long run.

I never cared much campaigning for the Jason X stuff, I am still looking forward to it though. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't add the rest of the maps (Part 6, 7, 8) Even before they discontinue DLC, I still think the game deserves at least Pamela, a couple of new heroes, Paranoia(or an alternative game mode if it doesn't happen).

23 hours ago, SirMang said:

The game only really has one game breaking glitch in my opinion.  

The rubber banding or lag back or whatever the hell it is back to the car after exiting it and thinking you've run away only to be grabbed right at it thing.  

Everything else can be countered.  Chain stunned as Jason?  learn combat stance and block.  Stunned out of a bear trap?  Don't step in traps.  People getting objectives done because you're chasing around Vanessa for 5 minutes at the start of the map? Stop tunneling people at the start of the match. 

But we need more pocket knives and Jason needs stun immunity and Jason needs more HP so his mask doesn't come off as easily and we need to be able to stack traps again and blah blah blah....

ANY bug/exploit can be "countered", that doesn't mean they're not legitimate problems that need to be fixed.  Hell, we could have said "Don't like the Packanack roof glitch?  Just don't play that map", or "Don't like being rubber banded exiting the car?  Just don't exit the car when Jason's around."  

Any toe-to-toe counselor vs. Jason fights should end with Jason  winning like 99% of the time, so when counselors can regularly perform fearless attacks on Jason because of chain-stuns, it's a problem.  When some counselors can (either due to perks or exploits) knock off Jason's mask in just a small number of blows, that's a problem.  

Defeating Jason in any manner should be a very difficult task that requires strategy and teamwork among multiple skilled players to even be a possibility.  Now, it's basically come down to simply going into a lobby and saying "Hey - do you know the chain-stun trick?  Let's kill Jason this game"

19 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

2 words that will bring everyone back:

New Emotes.

I think this one is more appropriate.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I think this one is more appropriate.

Axel finds both of them very easy to masturbate to 

8 hours ago, AJLeatherman said:

Any toe-to-toe counselor vs. Jason fights should end with Jason  winning like 99% of the time, so when counselors can regularly perform fearless attacks on Jason because of chain-stuns, it's a problem.  When some counselors can (either due to perks or exploits) knock off Jason's mask in just a small number of blows, that's a problem.  

Perks or exploits are not responsible for low mask HP.  Easy demasking can be performed in so many ways, without anything other than normal combat. The mask is its own problem and something that does need serious buffing, because if every player was knowledgeable on this topic, the game would virtually be over. 

What you're proposing with any Jason winning 99% of fights however would be a huge problem, if he was so OP that even a low level Jason could kill a high level counselor with ease. That is not good design, and all it really comes down to is casual Jasons (and counselors for that matter) wanting successful matches without putting in the work to make it possible. So instead of taking time to learn the game, they use that time to rant instead. Those that do decide to put in a little work find their enjoyment of the game increases immensely. The skill ceiling for F13 is actually very high and an entirely different game for skilled players.

That is not to say Jason couldn't do with some changes, but that is mainly for group combat which he lacks the tools for. There are many changes I would like to see but they are not directly to do with balance. People need to stop focusing on balance and simply focus on whether the game is enjoyable or not. That is more important. Certain things in the game aren't enjoyable and a lot of that has to do with character control issues.

I wouldn't describe the skill ceiling for F13 as being very high. Combat and kiting is simplistic, as are the tricks Jason can perform. Higher than what the devs intended, sure, but still pretty low. It's mostly just knowledge.