So I got to thinking about little ways the game could change in order to change the difficulty. Some people believe that it's too easy to be Jason now, which I also agree with. So what if we could choose whether or not we start with our mask on at the start of a game? This could make it more difficult to be Jason because now counselors could immediately go to Jason's shack without alerting him, and not have to worry about getting his mask off before killing him. Just an idea! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, justice4all said:

Some people believe that it's too easy to be Jason now, which I also agree with. 

Only Russian bots think this.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait, let me re read that.....It says that...that it's too easy to be Jason now? I think something's bad about that sentence.:ph34r:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, justice4all said:

So I got to thinking about little ways the game could change in order to change the difficulty. Some people believe that it's too easy to be Jason now, which I also agree with. So what if we could choose whether or not we start with our mask on at the start of a game? This could make it more difficult to be Jason because now counselors could immediately go to Jason's shack without alerting him, and not have to worry about getting his mask off before killing him. Just an idea! 

Who wants to have a game as Jason be as difficult in this sense?

@justice4all If you are being serious, this subject belongs in the first category below. If you're just messing with people then it obviously belongs in the second one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Probably the only way people would want to start off unmasked is if there was a good payoff, such as if there was a 50% chance the sweater wouldn't spawn at the shack.

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

@justice4all If you are being serious, this subject belongs in the first category below. If you're just messing with people then it obviously belongs in the second one.

The great George Carlin! He was one of the best. 

• Like 2

You can essentially make the game as difficult for yourself as you want as Jason. Don't place any traps. Don't use any throwing knives. Don't slash. Don't grab. Don't Stalk. Don't Morph. Don't Shift. Don't Sense. Don't finish any counselor except with an environmental kill. Don't trap any objectives, only use traps in other places. Don't destroy any power boxes. Don't break any windows. Let the counselors demask you. Use any mix of the above. I could go on.

Anyone who thinks playing Jason has become too easy need only set their own rules. OR, they could invite some of the high level players from around here and be taught a lesson in humility.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, justice4all said:

So you basically want illfonic to inncorpirate an option to play as Jason without his mask? Wouldn't This just be making it easier to kill Jason?

I guess it would add a challenge as Jason, but. I still don't see the point in putting work into a mechanic barely anybodys going to use. Instead! Of putting that time into fixing bugs and glitches,that would make the game better overall.

10 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I would like the option for Offline Bots to play as Jason unmasked. 

Yeah, i wouldnt mind it being for offline play. I think it would add more of a challenge to the bots(seeing as though the bots can't kill Jason).

If it was for online, i think it would be a waste of time. I mean, Who's going to purposely put themselves at a diadvantage as Jason? I don't think anybody would tbh.

• Thanks 1

I just thought of it as an option. When you customize your selected Jason's kills, you could also choose whether or not you want his mask on or not. But I guess this was just a really dumb idea by the looks of the replies I got lol

I could see it being an option if it had an effect, maybe increases fear accumulation. Your without a mask and so the counselors can see how merciless Jason is. It would need to be short range but happen fast enough to notice your screen going dark at the edges and the sudden loss of your mini map.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 8:05 PM, justice4all said:

Okay danggg y'all really didn't like this idea

Gee, ya think?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I would like the option for Offline Bots to play as Jason unmasked. 

Yeah, that's something I'd to have as well. Or at least to have the offline bots knock my mask off every now and then.

Has that actually happened to anyone in the offline mode? 

18 hours ago, justice4all said:

I just thought of it as an option. When you customize your selected Jason's kills, you could also choose whether or not you want his mask on or not. But I guess this was just a really dumb idea by the looks of the replies I got lol

If Tommy couldn't spawn in or the Jason kill couldn't be done, this could have potential. Otherwise, like others have stated it'd be a huge disadvantage. Still, you made your post and got people talking about it. Thanks for sharing. 

18 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I could see it being an option if it had an effect, maybe increases fear accumulation. Your without a mask and so the counselors can see how merciless Jason is. 

And how ugly he is lol. To quote The Chad, "Uhhh. What the fuck?"

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Barkercast79 said:

Yeah, that's something I'd to have as well. Or at least to have the offline bots knock my mask off every now and then.

Has that actually happened to anyone in the offline mode? 

Not that I'm aware of.

Shit, that would be the ultimate badge of shame...killed by bots. Ugh.

I agree. Being Jason is so easy. I wish I was more challenged. But when I’m a counselor, I almost never survive. This is a combo of Jason being able to find you way too easily and other players not trying to complete objectives. But the reason they don’t complete objectives is because it’s too hard to achieve. I think the game is heavily unbalanced in that regard. I kill everyone within 10 minutes 95% of the time. I rarely survive as a counselor unless Jason is a rookie and I got lucky to find everything on my own. Team players don’t exist in this game. 

On 4/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, MichaelMyers said:

Most these people are complete morons. Everyone on this forum site are not open minded at all. If any whiney little girl that sucks at this game is worried about getting killed as Jason unmasked then they shouldn't select the unmasked Jason option. 

Actually I'm very open minded. If you want an option to die even faster more power to you. 

On 4/22/2018 at 2:32 PM, Jdt827 said:

I agree. Being Jason is so easy. I wish I was more challenged. But when I’m a counselor, I almost never survive. This is a combo of Jason being able to find you way too easily and other players not trying to complete objectives. But the reason they don’t complete objectives is because it’s too hard to achieve. I think the game is heavily unbalanced in that regard. I kill everyone within 10 minutes 95% of the time. I rarely survive as a counselor unless Jason is a rookie and I got lucky to find everything on my own. Team players don’t exist in this game. 

Do either of you play private, or just quick play? Because it sounds like you only do quick play. The chances of good coordination are lower in quick play making you think being Jason is too easy. Play against 7 players that know what they are doing and they'll probably kill you if that is what they want to do.

Make a post offering a challenge as Jason that they won't kill you. I'm sure 7 players will be up for giving you the challenge you're looking for.  And if you're so good, let them demask you right away too and you'll see the folly of this option that has been proposed in this thread.  

Finally, I'm one of the better team players in the game. This is where I excel. I don't mind dying to get objectives done or for people to escape. The problem is that either in quick play there's usually nobody with mics or they're in party chat. If you've got a mic and actually want to get shit done, I will assist.  

P.S. I'm telling you it's literally night and day between quick play and private.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Actually I'm very open minded. If you want an option to die even faster more power to you. 

Do either of you play private, or just quick play? Because it sounds like you only do quick play. The chances of good coordination are lower in quick play making you think being Jason is too easy. Play against 7 players that know what they are doing and they'll probably kill you if that is what they want to do.

Make a post offering a challenge as Jason that they won't kill you. I'm sure 7 players will be up for giving you the challenge you're looking for.  And if you're so good, let them demask you right away too and you'll see the folly of this option that has been proposed in this thread.  

Finally, I'm one the better team players in the game. This is where I excel. I don't mind dying to get objectives done or for people to escape. The problem is that either in quick play there's usually nobody with mics or they're in party chat. If you've got a mic and actually want to get shit done, I will assist.  

P.S. I'm telling you it's literally night and day between quick play and private.

I play private. Nearly daily.

On 4/22/2018 at 4:45 PM, The Tommy said:

Finally, I'm one the better team players in the game. This is where I excel. I don't mind dying to get objectives done or for people to escape. The problem is that either in quick play there's usually nobody with mics or they're in party chat. If you've got a mic and actually want to get shit done, I will assist.  

It doesn't matter how good the councilors you're playing against are. Playing as Jason is easy period and if you're a really good Jason that knows what you're doing then it's no competition. I have played as Jason online countless of times against good and bad players and despite all the attempts nobody has ever killed me period. The fact is that if you're not confident in your skills as Jason then don't select the unmask option, doesn't mean other players such as myself shouldn't have the option. Denying the idea in general is being very close minded because there is no logical reason for this not to be accepted into the game period.