Sign in to follow this  
Daneasaur

Bloody Variant Crash

So here is an interesting bug I've been having (though I did report it to jasonkillbugs.com). Basically, I've been creeping up the levels and unlocking the bloody variants of Jason. The problem, however, is if I choose any of them during Offline play, the game will crash inbetween the confirmation of the number of counselors+difficulty, and the round starting cinematic. Sometimes it will crash before the loading screen starts.

Oddly, the crash doesn't happen during Quickplay. Anyone else had an issue with this?

47 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Oddly, the crash doesn't happen during Quickplay. Anyone else had an issue with this?

I'm on PC and it was happening to me.

I was having problems recently with Steam so I uninstalled/reinstalled it, along with F13, and now the bloody skins work fine all the time. 
There also used to be this quick freeze at the beginning of every Jason round, and now that's not happening anymore either. 

On 3/31/2018 at 4:20 AM, WashingtonJones said:

I'm on PC and it was happening to me.

I was having problems recently with Steam so I uninstalled/reinstalled it, along with F13, and now the bloody skins work fine all the time. 
There also used to be this quick freeze at the beginning of every Jason round, and now that's not happening anymore either. 

Tempting, but I don't want to risk losing my save data.

7 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Tempting, but I don't want to risk losing my save data.

You won't. Your save data and the files you'd uninstall are in 2 separate locations.

You can save a copy of the save data just in case. 

(C:) > User > *your name* > AppData > Local > SummerCamp > Saved > SaveGames

Just copy the SaveGames folder and put it on your desktop as a backup. I started doing this when I realized Character preferences are saved locally and when I log into my steam account on another computer, all those settings are defaulted. 

The other day I logged into my friend's account on my computer, and that also defaulted my settings when I logged back into mine.

Good thing I had my backups

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

You won't. Your save data and the files you'd uninstall are in 2 separate locations.

You can save a copy of the save data just in case. 

(C:) > User > *your name* > AppData > Local > SummerCamp > Saved > SaveGames

Just copy the SaveGames folder and put it on your desktop as a backup. I started doing this when I realized Character preferences are saved locally and when I log into my steam account on another computer, all those settings are defaulted. 

The other day I logged into my friend's account on my computer, and that also defaulted my settings when I logged back into mine.

Good thing I had my backups

Ah, good to know. I'll give it a shot.