Sign in to follow this  
TADAARAIS

Will The Game Developers Agree to Paid Dlc maps that were not originaly Planned.

Will the Gunmedia and Illfonic guys agree to Obscure maps that are not in the plans to create if enough people agree to buy it instead of it being free.

Will there be created maps that will become for sale later.

I would probably pay for some maps, wont lie. If they had some of their own unique creations. I think the maps that are canon in the movies should be free.

At this point though, they may have honestly lost most of their players. Reason i say this is an issue, is because they will have to create a separate playlist where players that have the new content can search for games. If only 100 people are searching through that at a time, or even during the day, seems kind of frivolous. 

Me personally though, i always love the feeling of a new map. I love searching for easter eggs for tributes to the films. @wes on Twitter has recently shown us a lot of cool homage to other horror films, which I definitely dig. Makes me want to pay more attention to all the detail and thought that has gone into their art.

Besides, the fact they said all new maps will always be free, why pay?? They have dedicated themselves to one of the coolest promises a game company can make - free content. Kudos.

4 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

Will the Gunmedia and Illfonic guys agree to Obscure maps that are not in the plans to create if enough people agree to buy it instead of it being free.

Will there be created maps that will become for sale later.

I would like this idea, but there's a HUGE problem with this...

If you were to purchase The Shepard's House Map (Part 7) in the game, you aren't guaranteed to be able to play it every single round. Dead By Daylight is an example of a game that is self aware of this. Whenever a new Chapter comes out (The Halloween DLC, Nightmare on Elm Street DLC, Texas Chainsaw Massacre DLC, etc) They ALWAYS make the maps free because there's no guaranteed you'd be able to play on it every single game. That's why the Killers and Survivors are paid for but not the maps. I personally wouldn't like the idea of having a different search field for having to play on Grendal or any other maps because it would make game searching even longer (Especially on Steam where there's only under 1,000 players total playing the game..) 

These guys have alluded many times maps will be free.  Cosmetic stuff like clothes and kills will be paid DLC with the possibility of future Jason's and Counselors being paid.

@TADAARAIS they might not be able to. I'm sure that with obtaining the rights, they had to agree to keeping certain things accurate to the movies. I'm definitely not opposed, I'm just not sure that it's possible.

Rather clothing, new kills and emotes be released as paid DLC.    Not maps.

Mainly because new maps can split players up if they don't own it.

As other people have already said, paid dlc maps would only serve to split the playerbase. Making matchmaking even more of a pain with longer wait times, more chance of being matched with unsuitable players, more connection problems. Honestly it would just generate far too many problems.