Sign in to follow this  
TADAARAIS

Will New Point Perks Include Starting with Pocket Knife.

8 hours ago, JulianVK said:

Rest assured, good sir. All ideas you mentioned are just as stupid as counselors running around with upwards of 10 pocket knives. Let's remember that this is a game, and while it is quite acceptable to wish for the game to have a similar atmosphere to that of the movies (including Jason being actually threatening), we absolutely cannot have it balanced around what was and wasn't done in the movies. It doesn't matter that you can physically cut a strap of a hockey mask with a bladed object. What matters is how many hits should Jason be able to endure before he loses his mask, and that is something that needs to be decided based on gameplay aspects, and gameplay aspects alone.

Balance is key. I’m all for an OP Jason but he doesn’t need to be so OP that your chance if survival is next to nothing. I know this is a touchy subject due to direct competiton with each other but I started to play DBD and few days ago and it made me realize how easy it is to juke Jason compared to a killer who runs just as fast as you do, but then again most DBD killers will hang you on a hook while Jason is just going for the kill. I can’t say there are too many things I would add or remove on both Jason and the counselors side but the only thing I’d do for each is let Jason trap stack again and make it so low composure counselors have a CHANCE to break free without a knife, the lower the fear the bar goes up a lot faster as it did in the beta. Not saying Chad should be as fast as Jenny but just enough to break free if his fear is low enough and if Jason can’t find a kill...although most Jason’s won’t wait around (rightfully so). 

On 3/30/2018 at 5:33 PM, TADAARAIS said:

But how do you know that pocket knives wont be one of the perks.

why are pocket knives a problem please explain the horror everyone has with pocket knives.

No one has a "horror" with Pocket Knives, but if there is a perk to start with one then everyone will use it and we will go from 5 knives a match to 15, which will water down the game and put jason at a ridiculous disadvantage. It will negate the point of grab and turn every Jason into full on slashes. I like knives and would be fine with 1 or 2 more but i am also fine as is. A perk is unneccesary either way.

Well when playing as a counselor it does suck to have to find a pocket knife.

if pocket knives become a perk then Jason should get 7 traps.

I'm pretty sure there is one. Since in the offline bots news it said they may have a pocket knife starting perk. So yeah hope this gives some insight to it.