Sign in to follow this  
TADAARAIS

Will New Point Perks Include Starting with Pocket Knife.

23 minutes ago, SUPAH JD said:

I guess I'm just for seeing where it goes. If it goes too bad again, take it back. I'm more than fine with this idea though. 

Make it a hard to get legendary perk as well so it'd be super rare. 

Can't really do anything at this point of the game. Where it first came out? Man, it was easy a "make it so counselors get more of a chance to kick out if they're not injured or in first grab" and make Jason have to do some damage first by slashing. Then the pacing off the game was solidified, and now the grab sadly fits the game. I still think the reach we had before the patch was fine. It's about basically being as overly forgiving as Roadhog's old hook [if you all play OW]. Best comparison I can make. It's so forgiving and easy that I'd understand a perk like this.

Alright, but saying "frankly the only people who say they would want to go back to that are trolls or people who want everything handed to them" and then make it seem non-chilaunt. Like your opinion is the only professional one here. 

I'm a Jason main and I'm for it. What does that make me? A guy who doesn't just love the same boring gameplay of teleport, morph, grab, rinse, repeat each time. Oh, Tommy. Hit hit, grab. Trap phone, trap car after stopping it, blah blah. 

If more pocket knives gives more players a chance, I'm for that competition. 

My opinion is not the only one that matters here, it never has, and never will be, nor should it. But if you look at the forums back before the January patch, and honestly even now, you'll find that most people would agree with me about pocket knives.

15 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

What's going to stop a player from dropping a pocket knife, say before he is being slashed or just in general they are rounding up pocket knives ?This is too much of a Risk to take for them to take.

Same as the map and walkie - you can’t drop them.

1 minute ago, Redrum138 said:

True, too true. I used to run different perks, marathon and restful were replaced with medic and thickskin when PKs increased. They are still on and aren't going anywhere unless I can upgrade to legendary versions. Before the PK explosion I felt I could go without them, now it's foolish to not equip if you have them. They were always meta, but you could get by without them. Not now...

Yeah, it is part of the reason the new "Legendary" perks don't have me excited....at all. The perks themselves need to have quite an overhaul to make them all more meaningful to the player base. In the end, this game needs customization to keep it fresh. That is why weapon swapping is great on Jason IMO. Stats on counselors need redone to make them all more relevant. I've said this all before. For the most part its why I've been pretty quiet. I'm just watching and waiting to see what adjustments the Devs decide to make. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have much left to comment on with this current iteration of the game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Yeah, it is part of the reason the new "Legendary" perks don't have me excited....at all. The perks themselves need to have quite an overhaul to make them all more meaningful to the player base. In the end, this game needs customization to keep it fresh. That is why weapon swapping is great on Jason IMO. Stats on counselors need redone to make them all more relevant. I've said this all before. For the most part its why I've been pretty quiet. I'm just watching and waiting to see what adjustments the Devs decide to make. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have much left to comment on with this current iteration of the game.

Yeah... So many useless perks, maxed out lvl yet I'm still getting poor quality? Can't wait to blow through the 100k of CP I've earned to see IF I can get the legendary perks I'm hoping for. Or should I say, I NEED...

29 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

This has been  a successful troll Thread. Good job @TADAARAIS.  you got a lot of em.

He's a banned poster named Darrin Howard. He was banned because he would post outrageous ideas, then play the victim and start arguments with anyone who disagreed with him on said ideas until it escalated until the point of when Ben banned him.  

You can recognize him by his grammatics and the outrageous ideas and user names he posts under, like patriots1, patriots, TADAARAIS, Darrin Howard, etc. I've lurked around this lake long enough to recognize them all :j2:

An example of one of his outrageous threads: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/3339-jasons-playhouse-talking-and-singing-toilet-seats/?tab=comments#comment-34630

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUPAH JD said:

You know what gives more players a chance? Teamwork. A pocket knife perk isn't as innocent as you think it is. Add it and you'll have the second coming of the slasher Jason meta, where Jason players flock to Part 3 and Part 4. They'll just slash/knife players to death, no questions asked, leaving the counselors salty because the pocket knives they were carrying were meaningless. If you ask me, that's a lose-lose situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Yes, Trish Jarvis did, in a lucky machete chop to a strap.  However, Chris Higgins hit him with log and then with an axe but it didnt come off, though it was his fatal blow. She also dropped a book case on his head, dropped herself from the barn on his head. Or hit him in the back of the head with a shovel.(i am starting to think she did the most damage)

Julian the boxer punched it several times, stayes on. The lamp swing to the mask that crashes him through the stairs. In part 2 he takes a chair to the head after a chainsaw to the arm, mask still on. The cop in part 6 hits him with a log, then with a rock to the head 4 times in a row, yet mask remains. 

I am sure we could all name more, but i think i made my point. Basically, i am saying it takes way more than one hit to knock his mask off. Trish, Rob, Tommy had all done how much damage to him before she nailed a strap with a machete?

Also,back to the point, if people want movie-related items then why do we care about firecrackers, health sprays, etc? Your arguments have been inaccurate at best. Not trying to be mean or come at you, but you cant argue people not wanting 10 pocket knives in a game as we only want "movie-related" fixes that benefit Jason only.

I’m not saying that I want 10 pocket knives because that is ridiculous. What I am trying to say is if people want movie related items to benefit Jason then it should work the same way for counselors. Not 10 knives per round but when people bitch that Jason should be able to grab through a window, set traps inside of a house, slash the car tires, or be able to hear the boat go off because they want as easy job being Jason, it becomes an annoyance to hear all of that, but when somebody brings up something to even slightly help a counselor they’ll jump down their throats and call them ignorant and stupid. By the way all of the items you named were BLUNT items, Trish was the only one to hit him with a sharp object. Do you think a log, shovel, or a punch to the face is gonna knock off the mask? Chris hit him through the mask with an axe not the strap. My point is a machete shot should weaken the mask significantly. Buggzy shouldn’t take over five shots with a machete when Trish took ONE shot. Sharp objects should weaken the mask a lot. It took me around 7-8 shots with an axe by Jenny to knock off Part 5’s mask, are you trying to say it should take over that amount? That would be ridiculous point blank. Also, I’m pretty sure in Part 4 Trish was the only one to actually inflict damage on Jason before Tommy’s final blow. What did Rob do to Jason? I can’t remember anything. I remember Trish hitting him with the TV and the machete and that is it. 

12 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’m not saying that I want 10 pocket knives because that is ridiculous. What I am trying to say is if people want movie related items to benefit Jason then it should work the same way for counselors. Not 10 knives per round but when people bitch that Jason should be able to grab through a window, set traps inside of a house, slash the car tires, or be able to hear the boat go off because they want as easy job being Jason, it becomes an annoyance to hear all of that, but when somebody brings up something to even slightly help a counselor they’ll jump down their throats and call them ignorant and stupid. By the way all of the items you named were BLUNT items, Trish was the only one to hit him with a sharp object. Do you think a log, shovel, or a punch to the face is gonna knock off the mask? Chris hit him through the mask with an axe not the strap. My point is a machete shot should weaken the mask significantly. Buggzy shouldn’t take over five shots with a machete when Trish took ONE shot. Sharp objects should weaken the mask a lot. It took me around 7-8 shots with an axe by Jenny to knock off Part 5’s mask, are you trying to say it should take over that amount? That would be ridiculous point blank. Also, I’m pretty sure in Part 4 Trish was the only one to actually inflict damage on Jason before Tommy’s final blow. What did Rob do to Jason? I can’t remember anything. I remember Trish hitting him with the TV and the machete and that is it. 

Rest assured, good sir. All ideas you mentioned are just as stupid as counselors running around with upwards of 10 pocket knives. Let's remember that this is a game, and while it is quite acceptable to wish for the game to have a similar atmosphere to that of the movies (including Jason being actually threatening), we absolutely cannot have it balanced around what was and wasn't done in the movies. It doesn't matter that you can physically cut a strap of a hockey mask with a bladed object. What matters is how many hits should Jason be able to endure before he loses his mask, and that is something that needs to be decided based on gameplay aspects, and gameplay aspects alone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

If they would actually have a PK perk 10 PK would be the norm. Each counselor would start with 1, +3 to find on the map. Plus Tommy's PK, 11 if you call him. And yeah Trish is the only one in part 4 to damage him, but she got him a couple times. Hammer, TV, Machete to chest and the hand, fists to the mask on the floor. Then Tommy's distraction for the strap hack, demasked. Trish was the most badass final girl! At least of the ones that didn't have the power to drop a roof on his head, Lol!

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

He's a banned poster named Darrin Howard. He was banned because he would post outrageous ideas, then play the victim and start arguments with anyone who disagreed with him on said ideas until it escalated until the point of when Ben banned him.  

You can recognize him by his grammatics and the outrageous ideas and user names he posts under, like patriots1, patriots, TADAARAIS, Darrin Howard, etc. I've lurked around this lake long enough to recognize them all :j2:

An example of one of his outrageous threads: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/3339-jasons-playhouse-talking-and-singing-toilet-seats/?tab=comments#comment-34630

Good Detective work @Redcat345!! I didn't even know he was trolling myself!

.Image result for i would have gotten away with it scooby doo

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

@The Gloved One I am surprised he has not been stopped for ban evasion.

There's a few people on here who have been excessively trolling for a while on the forums .Some trolls love to get a rise out of people and flair up topics like this that will get people stirred up.

In other words every single counselor would have at least one pocket knife. That'd be too op IMO. 

• Like 1

Since nearly every perk has a negative trade off, id be for a perk that gives everyone a pocket knife. The downside: pocket knives no longer stun Jason. Sound fair?

9 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

In other words every single counselor would have at least one pocket knife. That'd be too op IMO. 

Agreed, it breaks the game because everyone could disarm traps, all of them.

• Like 2

I think a better perk would be to two uses from a pocket knife. You would still have to rely on finding one and if you dropped it, it would still be only one. This would at least get you a chance at tripping a trap...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SUPAH JD said:

I guess I'm just for seeing where it goes. If it goes too bad again, take it back. I'm more than fine with this idea though. 

Make it a hard to get legendary perk as well so it'd be super rare. 

Can't really do anything at this point of the game. Where it first came out? Man, it was easy a "make it so counselors get more of a chance to kick out if they're not injured or in first grab" and make Jason have to do some damage first by slashing. Then the pacing off the game was solidified, and now the grab sadly fits the game. I still think the reach we had before the patch was fine. It's about basically being as overly forgiving as Roadhog's old hook [if you all play OW]. Best comparison I can make. It's so forgiving and easy that I'd understand a perk like this.

Alright, but saying "frankly the only people who say they would want to go back to that are trolls or people who want everything handed to them" and then make it seem non-chilaunt. Like your opinion is the only professional one here. 

I'm a Jason main and I'm for it. What does that make me? A guy who doesn't just love the same boring gameplay of teleport, morph, grab, rinse, repeat each time. Oh, Tommy. Hit hit, grab. Trap phone, trap car after stopping it, blah blah. 

Too many pocket knives has been done. We do not need to see where it goes... it has been done... we already know what will happen. The definition of insanity (or at least one of many definitions) is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. Many also call this a definition of stupidity.

The grab..... it is being adjusted with the updated grab animation. At this point, we will have to reserve judgement until we see the new grab from both sides of play.... but lag is always going to be present. The grab how it is now... as the norm or how it happens more times than not... does not reach beyond Jason's reach. The odd time when it does, that is caused by lag, which can and will happen, even to two people playing on two computers in the same room on the same internet connection. 

Counselors have more than enough chances already. IF they work together... IF they are coordinated... both cars can be on the move before Jason gets his first shift, with the cops being called as well. Unless Jason has one of the cars cornered in a very narrow area when it is started (which is extremely rare early or late in the game), he is not going to stop it. If you are playing on a map that also happens to have a boat, this is a good recipe for counselors to make an experienced Jason look like a noob in many games with the 0 / 8 kills he just got. Even a lobby that is not working together can luck out and get a car moving very early on, which can easily lead to four counselors escaping before Jason has a snowball's chance in hell of stopping it. Even just a skilled driver with three noobs in the car can easily get around Jason almost every time. This obviously does not happen in nearly every game... but it happens and would happen more if a greater percentage of people could work together. Even if the part runners ran the parts to the objectives and the repair counselors completed the objective... not even working together, just people concentrating on doing their job towards completing objectives... they will escape.
    Now will flow those people who say they always kill 8 / 8 as Jason... yet somehow miraculously escape in every game. Contradictions of this kind = bullshit. I would love to see someone consistently stop a car that is not in sight...... without shift... but wait, your morph was just used and you need it to recharge before you can get close enough for shift to have a chance to reach the car.... but wait, the driver can see you on the mini map and knows just what to do.... and some will still claim they stop the car every time...bullshit. Cars slip by a prepared and skilled Jason often enough. When both cars start, you only have a 'chance' to stop one.... not both. Did you go for the two seater or the four seater? Both were full and one is leaving for sure... (unless the driver sucks). The one you went after can still slip by you, particularly if it is driven by someone who escapes in every game. I would love to see what happens when one of these always get 8 / 8 players meets the always escapes players.

24 minutes ago, spookyvizionz said:

I think a better perk would be to two uses from a pocket knife. You would still have to rely on finding one and if you dropped it, it would still be only one. This would at least get you a chance at tripping a trap...

Still too OP

I Started this thread regretably to simply ask if anyone knew if starting a match with a pocket knife would be in the perk updates.

i honestly have never been banned on this forum.

i never meant to troll or cause problems.

i now can say after it has been brought to my attention that having a pocket knife perk to start out in the game with would be wrong and cause Jason to be at a disadvantage.

things i didnt think about before is Jasons traps would be uneffective.

1 hour ago, spookyvizionz said:

BAD IDEA. Just as game breaking because it would allow knife stacking and disarm all traps, resulting in a repeat of the October patch.

• Like 1

This is a stupid suggestion.

If a perk is created to let counselors start with a pocketknife, I will definitely never touch multiplayer again and nor would most people looking for a fun or balanced game.

If the goal is to completely kill the game, go for it...

Sure start everyone with a pocket knife and then Jason players will kill you with throwing knives and slashes instead.

And we'll go back to people whining about how slashing is cheap or whatever.

Great plan!  Lets do this!

4 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

1) to be honest, with Jenny. Yes i think it should take that much at least. If most counselors can get the mask off in just a few hits, what's the point in not trying to kill him? My personal belief if they should increase his HP to make it more difficult. In mid February I had over 30 Jason kills on the year. Considering I only played 1 or 2 days a week, that is a considerable number. I was typically getting 2-3 a day.  Its almost too easy still. Even though Jason has improved, with 2 or 3 good players, its hardly a challenge. On Xbox its almost as hard to fight the games bugs as it is to kill a Jason.

2) I think the balance of the game is almost there, but its the best its been in a long time, if not ever. I get wanting to ask things for counselors, and wont argue that. However if you do, you need to play devil's advocate and think of how to balance it out for Jason. 

The current thread would completely alter the way the game is played for all. That is why people are upset about it. Is there a particular topic you believe was good for counselors, but wouldnt alter the meta game? Personally i feel we could use two more flare guns and two more sets of firecrackers in drawers. Those short amount of stun times are not at all gamebreaking. Jason gets rage mode a bit quicker. Two flare guns can help with early spotting for other counselors. Yet it also isnt doing so much damage to remove his mask quicker, but can help with fixing objectives.

3) a blunt object can still lift a mask, or smash it off.  Even with modern cages, they still get knocked off, let alone the old fiberglass style that Jason rocks. The axe did hit next to the strap and didnt hit it like Trish, but in game, how often are you landing a hit on the strap? The hit detection in game isnt so refined to pick something like that up. Its based off total damage and not location. 

3 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Since nearly every perk has a negative trade off, id be for a perk that gives everyone a pocket knife. The downside: pocket knives no longer stun Jason. Sound fair?

This is interesting. I dont know how it wouldnt stun him, yet it gives you enough time to run for a second or two. The idea behind it of preventing stun lock from the after hit is smart, i just dont know about the basic "stab and run" part.

Maybe if PKs increased his rage mode quicker(like a lot quicker), but only if the perk gave you two uses. I dont actually want this, but reason i say it is( 3×2, )+ (tommy's 1×2)= 8, better than 11. So i am saying it is the lesser of two evils. Personally, i would still be a slasher in that meta game, but its better than everyone starting with one at least. Let me reiterate before anyone misinterprets this: I am saying if I were FoRCED to pick one, my two ultimatums, this is the one I would pick.

Not only that but I absolutely am not for any increase in pocket knives. I play counselor as much as anyone else, which is most of the time. I dont think PKs are the answer, i think skill and communication is. I think people need to stop thinking they should escape 2/3 games. Its based off a franchise where, in the lowest count, 9/10 people died. We get 7 counselors, maybe 8. I think most people should die. Escaping should be a real challenge and well-earned victory.

Some more applicable ideas have been thrown around, but I believe it's unwise to upset the game's pocket knife balance. My reason for such a belief stems from what many people have already said in the forums: people are prone to taking the path of least resistance. The perfect example in Jason gameplay? Slashing Tommy to death. It is, after all, the most realiable way to ensure he dies.

At the end of the day, pocket knives are valuable because there are so few of them. This ensures that if you find one, you can almost always get some value out of it. However, they still can be circumvented, and easily at that. Adding more individual knives or giving them more than a single use will ultimately only serve to devalue them as a whole.

Trust me, anything more than advocating the addition of just one more knife to the pool of drawer/camp items means advocating something that will have serious repercussions on how we play this game.