Sign in to follow this  
TADAARAIS

Will New Point Perks Include Starting with Pocket Knife.

Not sure if the following is some kind of fake news (I stumbled over it in the www), but the perk item shows a pocket knife and the explanation speaks for itself: 

F3DC8CB7-3BF8-414F-93AB-863F3B96AB89.jpeg

Well What I don't understand is everyone going

"Well Everyone will have that perk on the day of the release"

But isn't the RNG Going to decide it?

Also This perk wouldn't make sense at all, Completely not

So what would be the +(x%) and -(x%) of a Pocket Knife based perk?

13 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

Has anyone heard if there will be a point perk for couselors to start the match with a pocket knife.

It Would make the gameso much better to have that perk of Pocket Knife.

No, well...At least i hope not! The game is currently balanced in terms of how many pocket knives spawn each round.

If they did add a pocket knife perk, it would be a must have for counselors and it would be (yet again) another nerf to Jason, which. I think most of the players have had enough of.

No perk in the game should be a must have, perks are optional. I mean, yes. If you didn't want to run the perk then thats your choice. But, lets be honest. Who wouldnt want a perk that gives you a pocket knife right off the bat?

If they do add this perk, i won't be very happy about it. But, whatever.  I'd just start slashing again tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

Not sure if the following is some kind of fake news (I stumbled over it in the www), but the perk item shows a pocket knife and the explanation speaks for itself: 

That looks like a fake to me.

I mean, I don't know. I'm not heavily against the idea. 

I mainly made an account here to say: Chill. Man, you all are reacting to this dude genuinely having a casual idea like a bunch of salty asses. I love playing Jason. I'm pretty damn consistently good with it too. Usually averaging 7/7, 7/8, 8/8. I'm not a super pro with him, but man. I have some pretty nice average results. That said?

I'm fine with it. I don't really care, man. First and foremost, this is a casual game to me. I will say, I do want Jason to be more of a threat. I wish he was scary. Now, he genuinely is due to the lack of get out of free cards. Thing is: even before that patch, I was racking up those results. If they used a knife even once, I'd focus them down, slash a few times, then grab them again. If they did it again? Then I'd just slash them down. I never had an issue with slashing though. We're killers. Whatever. 

As a counselor, I'd get the desire for wanting this perk too. The grab is cheap, no matter what anyone says. It will always be cheap. I don't care if we/they get a get out of free card. The grab is such a broken mechanic. From the people not being able to hit Jason to free other counselors sometimes to the grab having one amazing reach. To it straight up going through weapons. 

I am 100 percent down and fine with this idea. Call me a troll, please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

I sincerely hope this is an example of clever photoshopping, more PK's in game is NOT needed! We have good balance again and I hope it stays that way. It's bad enough to get slashed to death as Tommy. Why is that you ask? Well, because Tommy spawns with a PK. So, in theory if everyone gets that perk and now spawns with a PK they can expect to be slashed to death as well. Perfectly acceptable, rather boring but acceptable. And that will be the game, after implementing a perk that spawns you with a PK...

• Confused 1

Just now, Redrum138 said:

I sincerely hope this is an example of clever photoshopping, more PK's in game is NOT needed! We have good balance again and I hope it stays that way. It's bad enough to get slashed to death as Tommy. Why is that you ask? Well, because Tommy spawns with a PK. So, in theory if everyone gets that perk and now spawns with a PK they can expect to be slashed to death as well. Perfectly acceptable, rather boring but acceptable. And that will be the game, after implementing a perk that spawns you with a PK...

That's just a lazy excuse for a Jason to be lazy. 

The grab has always been great. Maybe if they add a perk for pocket knives, add some perks for Jason. Or, increase his traps or something of the sort again.

Once again: I really don't blame counselors for wanting this. Especially when hitting counselors free has been glitchy and the grab reach is still pretty amazing. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

But how do you know that pocket knives wont be one of the perks.

why are pocket knives a problem please explain the horror everyone has with pocket knives.

Jason would end up getting stabbed in the neck 11 times....  Forcing the Jason player to slash all the time and barely ever go for grabs, which means no cinematic kills.

One pocket knife can prolong a chase for an extra min or two depending on the counselor player.  Multiply that by eleven.

Basically 11 pocket knives = the most annoying thing possible.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SUPAH JD said:

That's just a lazy excuse for a Jason to be lazy. 

The grab has always been great. Maybe if they add a perk for pocket knives, add some perks for Jason. Or, increase his traps or something of the sort again.

Once again: I really don't blame counselors for wanting this. Especially when hitting counselors free has been glitchy and the grab reach is still pretty amazing. 

No, that's a fact. Jason's slash Tommy, if they give a perk to start with a PK Jason's will slash much more often. We've been through this, it's just factual. The grab is superior, that's a fact as well. It will beat your dodge, and your attack as well. On an even frame rate Jason's grab will connect every time, there are other ways to deal with that. A PK perk would be lazy, it takes skill and timing to beat a grab. That's not Jason being lazy, it's counselors being so.

Just now, Redrum138 said:

No, that's a fact. Jason's slash Tommy, if they give a perk to start with a PK Jason's will slash much more often. We've been through this, it's just factual. The grab is superior, that's a fact as well. It will beat your dodge, and your attack as well. On an even frame rate Jason's grab will connect every time, there are other ways to deal with that. A PK perk would be lazy, it takes skill and timing to beat a grab. That's not Jason being lazy, it's counselors being so.

No, I mean. I get it's a fact with Tommy. I usually hit him twice and then play the grab game from there. I don't mind a good chase though, that's something Jason players hate. 

You even admit though, the grab is superior in every aspect. It will always win. And if I recall: it's one of the biggest issues people had with this game and I still think it was something that scared a ton of players off. The insta grab - kill idea was really just... poorly implemented. I don't mind it. But I'm also not exactly for it. It's just: y'know. If a solution to less people rage quitting is giving them one stupid pocket knife at the start? Sure. I really don't think it's all that bad. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to a pocket knife perk if the Devs made all inventory items the same as the map and walkie - that is they disappear upon death and escape.

I would at least be interested to see how it played out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SUPAH JD said:

No, I mean. I get it's a fact with Tommy. I usually hit him twice and then play the grab game from there. I don't mind a good chase though, that's something Jason players hate. 

You even admit though, the grab is superior in every aspect. It will always win. And if I recall: it's one of the biggest issues people had with this game and I still think it was something that scared a ton of players off. The insta grab - kill idea was really just... poorly implemented. I don't mind it. But I'm also not exactly for it. It's just: y'know. If a solution to less people rage quitting is giving them one stupid pocket knife at the start? Sure. I really don't think it's all that bad. 

What do you suppose they do to the grab then? Also , Pocketknives have nothing to do with people rage quitting at the beginning .

I hear ya, the grab's a bitch no doubt. If you use spacing and bait him with misdirection it can be overcome. I love a good chase no doubt, but I think a PK perk will revert many Jason's back to slashing everyone to death. I normally slash or TK till limp, then grab to finish. But, that's me. It wasn't long ago when most Jason's I played would slash till you die, and that's why medic and thickskin are meta against that.

3 minutes ago, Grape said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to a pocket knife perk if the Devs made all inventory items the same as the map and walkie - that is they disappear upon death and escape.

Good idea, I like that.

personally, I like to go for the environmental kills. if such a PK perk would be implemented, we would see less of them and a lot more slashing/knife throwing. 

Yesterday, I got 5 knives in a row in my neck - although the lobby should have been quite empty of them by then, I instinctively started to slash everyone.

this behaviour surely does not speak for every one, but if a good amount of Jason players would act the same way after the 3rd, 4th knife taken, this game would lose a lot of attraction.

2 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Ive seen this pop up before, I can't find where but it was supposed to be from pre beta or early testing. It was never in the actual game.

Adding a pocket knife perk would be a huge mistake on the developers part because it would be a big step back to where we were before the current patch, and that was NOT a good time for this game. No one wants to go back to the days of countless pocket knives, and frankly the only people that will say they would want to go back to that are either trolls, or people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter for an easy escape. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I hear ya, the grab's a bitch no doubt. If you use spacing and bait him with misdirection it can be overcome. I love a good chase no doubt, but I think a PK perk will revert many Jason's back to slashing everyone to death. I normally slash or TK till limp, then grab to finish. But, that's me. It wasn't long ago when most Jason's I played would slash till you die, and that's why medic and thickskin are meta against that.

I guess I'm just for seeing where it goes. If it goes too bad again, take it back. I'm more than fine with this idea though. 

Make it a hard to get legendary perk as well so it'd be super rare. 

12 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

What do you suppose they do to the grab then? Also , Pocketknives have nothing to do with people rage quitting at the beginning .

Can't really do anything at this point of the game. Where it first came out? Man, it was easy a "make it so counselors get more of a chance to kick out if they're not injured or in first grab" and make Jason have to do some damage first by slashing. Then the pacing off the game was solidified, and now the grab sadly fits the game. I still think the reach we had before the patch was fine. It's about basically being as overly forgiving as Roadhog's old hook [if you all play OW]. Best comparison I can make. It's so forgiving and easy that I'd understand a perk like this.

3 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Adding a pocket knife perk would be a huge mistake on the developers part because it would be a big step back to where we were before the current patch, and that was NOT a good time for this game. No one wants to go back to the days of countless pocket knives, and frankly the only people that will say they would want to go back to that are either trolls, or people who want everything handed to them on a silver platter for an easy escape. Just my two cents.

Alright, but saying "frankly the only people who say they would want to go back to that are trolls or people who want everything handed to them" and then make it seem non-chilaunt. Like your opinion is the only professional one here. 

I'm a Jason main and I'm for it. What does that make me? A guy who doesn't just love the same boring gameplay of teleport, morph, grab, rinse, repeat each time. Oh, Tommy. Hit hit, grab. Trap phone, trap car after stopping it, blah blah. 

If more pocket knives gives more players a chance, I'm for that competition. 

13 minutes ago, Grape said:

What's going to stop a player from dropping a pocket knife, say before he is being slashed or just in general they are rounding up pocket knives ?This is too much of a Risk to take for them to take.

17 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

It wasn't long ago when most Jason's I played would slash till you die, and that's why medic and thickskin are meta against that.

Frankly, Medic and Thick Skin have always been meta...from day one. They still are. There are only about 7 perks which are consistently useful. The thing that wasn't meta, and then BECAME meta, was +Weapon Strength on Jason. Nobody cared until there were too many pocket knives and slash-killing quickly became the approach of choice; people were more concerned with Destruction/Shift/Traps. Now that pocket knives are back to normal, +Weapon Strength doesn't mean as much again except to those who came into the game during the dark times.

As to the OP,

You'll not likely find much support for perking the item that essentially promoted trolling, negated cinematic kills, and made Jason/Counselor gameplay boring. Sorry you feel some are being rude, but the old wound of too many pocket knives is still very fresh in player's minds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SUPAH JD said:

I Man, it was easy a "make it so counselors get more of a chance to kick out if they're not injured or in first grab" and make Jason have to do some damage first by slashin

The grab was terrible back then ,that's why most of the people on the forums called it the force grab.

1 minute ago, The Gloved One said:

The grab was terrible back then ,

I gotta be honest. 

It still kinda is.

I gotta be honest. 

It still kinda is.

There's still a little force grab but not as bad as it used to be ,They need to leave it alone because this is good as its going to get.

3 minutes ago, SUPAH JD said:

I gotta be honest. 

It still kinda is.

The new grab animation should fix that "appearance" quite a bit. The lunging animation gets rid of the popping-to-Jason's-hand effect that seems to be what is enraging people. I'm sure packet loss will still occur and stuttering lag will not go away completely, but in most instances, I think the reach will look fine after the upcoming patch.

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Frankly, Medic and Thick Skin have always been meta...from day one. They still are. There are only about 7 perks which on consistently useful. The thing that wasn't meta, and then BECAME meta, was +Weapon Strength on Jason. Nobody cared until there were too many pocket knives and slash-killing quickly became the approach of choice; people were more concerned with Destruction/Shift/Traps. Now that pocket knives are back to normal, +Weapon Strength doesn't mean as much again except to those who came into the game during the dark times.

As to the OP,

You'll not likely find much support for perking the item that essentially promoted trolling, negated cinematic kills, and made Jason/Counselor gameplay boring. Sorry you feel some are being rude, but the old wound of too many pocket knives is still very fresh in player's minds.

True, too true. I used to run different perks, marathon and restful were replaced with medic and thickskin when PKs increased. They are still on and aren't going anywhere unless I can upgrade to legendary versions. Before the PK explosion I felt I could go without them, now it's foolish to not equip if you have them. They were always meta, but you could get by without them. Not now...

• Like 1