Sign in to follow this  
TADAARAIS

Will New Point Perks Include Starting with Pocket Knife.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Yes

lol. then they're not a very good troll. unless they're a youtube or twitch streamer that dont change theyre name from their gamer tag

3 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

unless they're a youtube or twitch streamer that dont change theyre name from their gamer tag

Please explain this.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Please explain this.

have you heard of squid and weazy? they do youtube videos and twitch streams and they are HUGE trollers. so if there was a profile that was named squid or weazy id be a little cautious about the questions they asked

A perk about starting with a pocket knife would be great, but the amount of people crying about it would be terrible.

8 minutes ago, kitcat said:

A perk about starting with a pocket knife would be great, but the amount of people crying about it would be terrible.

Very well, let me ask you in all honesty. Would you kindly elucidate your reasoning for believing such a perk would be a good addition to the game?

So, to the OP @TADAARAIS. Sincerest apologies from most of us that may have come off as attacking. 

Reasons for this are 1) with the use of search function, you can check to see if it has been suggested already and such. Though the developers havent commented on this(recently at least but may have mentioned something about never doing it in the past).

2) maybe you didnt play in the December patch. That time period of the game was known as Jason Pinata. Essentially, everyone had 1-3 pocket knives, there were up to 4 shot guns laying around. Most matches were eenegade counselor groups looking for Jason either to kill him, or just circle him and beat him. Most people escaped almost every match amd there was no challenge or fun. 

During that time period, there was only 7 pocket knives. As I mentioned in a previous post, if everyone starts with 1, 3 in drawers, and 1 Tommy knife. There will be 11 in play. That means traps dont mean a thing, even if you have 7, you still have to grab away 4 knives. 

One current issue is the "free hit" after Jason is stunned by a pocket knife. With 4 stun hits, that is easily his mask off plus a knife left. That is with using 7 to take out all traps. Ths pocket knife is such a strong inventory item that it would completely shift the balance. That is why it would never make a good perk. 

@kitcat i completely disagree. It shifts the balance completely and changes the game. As someone mentioned before, you will end up in another Part 3/4 slasher meta. Those were the perfect words for it. I would lay all my traps right away just to make people use their knives, but still end up being a slasher because i would know there is at least double knife/trap ratio. People that depend on pocket knives need to work on their own skill set. Find out what character type works for them. 

Having 7 people escape him easily or have that reassurance will lead to people grouping up on the serial killer again and beating him senseless. Why not just play bullies with slugger and a pocket knife equipped then? In December, Vanessas with marathon and restful could barely be caught, when they were, they had pocket knives. It made a mockery of Jason.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Explain to me how the pocket knife perk benefits any of us at all ?

Just now, The Gloved One said:

Explain to me how the pocket knife perk benefits any of us at all ?

The only way i see it helping anyone, is the people that die a minute or two in, call it "spawn killing", even though they had plenty of time to figure out they should have ran away from the phone or main houses.

After that, it would completely change the meta game and shift balance. People can already start with a bat and firecrackers, what more do you need?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

The only way i see it helping anyone, is the people that die a minute or two in, call it "spawn killing", even though they had plenty of time to figure out they should have ran away from the phone or main houses.

After that, it would completely change the meta game and shift balance. People can already start with a bat and firecrackers, what more do you need?

Agreed all the way

.This is an idea that you can add to the "Dorian Patch" coming "Never".

• Haha 2

I mean honestly, if they want to please everyone here, they need to make private match options where you can use sliders to change the amount of items available. 

For those that struggle to survive, let them slide it up to 10. For those that want a challenge, keep it at 3 or slide it to 0.

Personally, i like 3. It makes counselors depend on wits and teamwork more. Shouldnt be depending on items like that. To me it sounds like lone wolves or people that havent learned to fight, run, dodge, or hide well enough.

Can we get the dodgeball gif here? For some reason. The site i use has been taking nearly a half hour to process uploading gifs to get a link back.

2 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

Has anyone heard if there will be a point perk for couselors to start the match with a pocket knife.

It Would make the gameso much better to have that perk of Pocket Knife.

Lol! No there isn’t going to be a pocket knife perk,  there were 9 on the map before it was fixed back to 4(1 is Tommy’s ) 4 get out of jail cards(or free lives) are enough.

10 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

In all honesty I relish it when Jason tunnels me right at the beginning of the game. Giving him a run for 2 minutes until he realizes he should be looking out for the objectives is priceless. Hell, if I'm playing Buggzy it might even result in a first minute demask.

6 minutes ago, JulianVK said:

In all honesty I relish it when Jason tunnels me right at the beginning of the game. Giving him a run for 2 minutes until he realizes he should be looking out for the objectives is priceless. Hell, if I'm playing Buggzy it might even result in a first minute demask.

I dont disagree. Even if it ends up being my demise, knowing i was able to keep him distracted from objectives and other counselors for so long makes me feel like I served a purpose. Not to mention knowing I probably got under his skin a bit, priceless. Haha

15 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I mean honestly, if they want to please everyone here, they need to make private match options where you can use sliders to change the amount of items available. 

For those that struggle to survive, let them slide it up to 10. For those that want a challenge, keep it at 3 or slide it to 0.

Personally, i like 3. It makes counselors depend on wits and teamwork more. Shouldnt be depending on items like that. To me it sounds like lone wolves or people that havent learned to fight, run, dodge, or hide well enough.

Can we get the dodgeball gif here? For some reason. The site i use has been taking nearly a half hour to process uploading gifs to get a link back.

200w.gif

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

Has anyone heard if there will be a point perk for couselors to start the match with a pocket knife.

It Would make the gameso much better to have that perk of Pocket Knife.

Yeah.... if that happens, nobody will ever want to choose Jason as their preference and put Counselor Only and if they find themselves being thrown into the game as Jason (Which now equals as punishment), they'll leave the game. It's already bad enough with the millions of baseball bats lying around as it is. Chain stunning trolls are still at an all time high in QP.

18 minutes ago, JulianVK said:

You mean like this?

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

You mean like this?

Exactly. It's ridiculous how easily it comes off with the machete.

10 minutes ago, JulianVK said:

Exactly. It's ridiculous how easily it comes off with the machete.

That Jason was an OBVIOUS noob. He started trying to grab Shelly through a window, he put it on himself trying to do that. An experienced Jason would’ve never fallen for that trick. While I do believe the mask is a little easy to knock off, remember that Trish Jarvis knocked off the mask in one easy hit.

2 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That Jason was an OBVIOUS noob. He started trying to grab Shelly through a window

Yeah, grabbing through a window has never worked.

37 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That Jason was an OBVIOUS noob. He started trying to grab Shelly through a window, he put it on himself trying to do that. An experienced Jason would’ve never fallen for that trick. While I do believe the mask is a little easy to knock off, remember that Trish Jarvis knocked off the mask in one easy hit.

My point is that of all actions the counselors must perform in order to ensure a Jason kill, removing his mask is by far the riskier. Sure, Jason's not gonna be very happy if you nab the sweater, but you can still make a run for it. On the other hand, to get the mask off you have to either fight him or strike when he's in a vulnerable position. One way or another, you have to get close to the towering buff guy that's trying to rip you to shreds.

Well, that's how it should be anyway. Surprisingly, I'm not a fan of the movies (it's actually a weird story how I got into this game), but I don't think they should hold any relevance in this particular aspect of gameplay. If we look at the current steps for killing Jason, demasking him should be the hardest simply by merit of requiring actual contact with the killer. However, even if we exclude the one-hit demask trick during the sweater stun you may see some kill squads doing (which is beyond stupid in my opinion), it's still ridiculously easy to get the mask off on your own, just for the fucks of it.

I mean, every time Jason breaks a window you have a free hit if you're close enough. If he tries to break down the doors by the conventional method, he's just inviting you to land more hits. If he grabs someone who has a pocket knife, he's wide open for another hit. This wouldn't be a problem if a single power attack with the machete (with the right perks) didn't send the mask flying. Hell, even if you're not Buggzy or Tommy you can still get the mask off by playing it safe and capitalizing on your opportunities to get hits in. Even good Jason players are still bound to animations that leave them vulnerable and are prone to mistakes, so it really doesn't matter whether the person in the video was a noob or not. What matters is that what happened in the video (demask with 3 hits) should probably not be a thing to even begin with.

6 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

Ok im done with this thread.

i can not belive the anger and frustration when mentioning pocket knives.

its beyond me and your right i completly am lost and dont understand what the hell the deal is with pocket knives.

forget i mentioned it.

MODERATOR CLOSE THIS THREAD.

LMAOOO

3 hours ago, JulianVK said:

My point is that of all actions the counselors must perform in order to ensure a Jason kill, removing his mask is by far the riskier. Sure, Jason's not gonna be very happy if you nab the sweater, but you can still make a run for it. On the other hand, to get the mask off you have to either fight him or strike when he's in a vulnerable position. One way or another, you have to get close to the towering buff guy that's trying to rip you to shreds.

Well, that's how it should be anyway. Surprisingly, I'm not a fan of the movies (it's actually a weird story how I got into this game), but I don't think they should hold any relevance in this particular aspect of gameplay. If we look at the current steps for killing Jason, demasking him should be the hardest simply by merit of requiring actual contact with the killer. However, even if we exclude the one-hit demask trick during the sweater stun you may see some kill squads doing (which is beyond stupid in my opinion), it's still ridiculously easy to get the mask off on your own, just for the fucks of it.

I mean, every time Jason breaks a window you have a free hit if you're close enough. If he tries to break down the doors by the conventional method, he's just inviting you to land more hits. If he grabs someone who has a pocket knife, he's wide open for another hit. This wouldn't be a problem if a single power attack with the machete (with the right perks) didn't send the mask flying. Hell, even if you're not Buggzy or Tommy you can still get the mask off by playing it safe and capitalizing on your opportunities to get hits in. Even good Jason players are still bound to animations that leave them vulnerable and are prone to mistakes, so it really doesn't matter whether the person in the video was a noob or not. What matters is that what happened in the video (demask with 3 hits) should probably not be a thing to even begin with.

People only want what is “movie related” if it benefits Jason and not a counselor. I mainly play counselor and I’ll say that it’s pretty balanced at the moment due to limited weapons, knives, and sprays. I’m not saying this directly toward you but if people want what is “movie-related” then don’t be so hypocritical and say that it can benefit Jason but when something benefits a counselor then backlash ensues. Buggzy and Tommy have a 10/10 strength and that’s directly toward dealing damage to Jason and knocking off the mask, that is their job. His mask shouldn’t be THAT difficult to knock off because in the movies it wasn’t hard to knock off and pretty much came off in a single hit. His mask isn’t super glued to his face. The animations leaving Jason open to an attack although need to be changed and I hate to prompt to break a window, it’s so stupid. I mainly either take a swing or break it down in combat stance. 

Only way I'd support that is if they added a QTE to the pocketknife where simply having one isn't a guaranteed "get out of jail free" card.

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Yes, Trish Jarvis did, in a lucky machete chop to a strap.  However, Chris Higgins hit him with log and then with an axe but it didnt come off, though it was his fatal blow. She also dropped a book case on his head, dropped herself from the barn on his head. Or hit him in the back of the head with a shovel.(i am starting to think she did the most damage)

Julian the boxer punched it several times, stayes on. The lamp swing to the mask that crashes him through the stairs. In part 2 he takes a chair to the head after a chainsaw to the arm, mask still on. The cop in part 6 hits him with a log, then with a rock to the head 4 times in a row, yet mask remains. 

I am sure we could all name more, but i think i made my point. Basically, i am saying it takes way more than one hit to knock his mask off. Trish, Rob, Tommy had all done how much damage to him before she nailed a strap with a machete?

Also,back to the point, if people want movie-related items then why do we care about firecrackers, health sprays, etc? Your arguments have been inaccurate at best. Not trying to be mean or come at you, but you cant argue people not wanting 10 pocket knives in a game as we only want "movie-related" fixes that benefit Jason only.