ShiftySamurai

Offline Bot AI Improvements

Hello Camp Slashers,

We’ve talked about grab animations, Single Player Challenges, Weapon Switching, Changes to Part 7 Jason, Grab Animation reworking, Roy’s Coveralls, the Salt Mines, and Key-binding, and today we’re going to talk about some of the improvements coming to the counselor AI in Friday the 13th: The Game’s Offline Bots game mode.

• AI will now be equipped with Perks that better match the selected difficulty level. Playing on Hard? The counselors might be packing a Perk that starts them out with a defensive item, just like their human counterparts.
  • AI will be better at choosing a hiding spot, and what cabins they should enter based on the number of other counselors in the cabin.
  • At higher difficulties, counselors will more carefully select and use weapons, especially weighing their chance to stun. They’ll probably ditch that stick for something that packs a bit more punch.
  • AI might not be able to appreciate music, but higher difficulty AI will use the radios located in the cabins as a means of distraction.
  • Higher difficulty AI can shoot more accurately, place traps, and will attempt to open Jason’s traps with pocket knives.
  • They have become better at repairing vehicles and letting friends into a repaired car before they take off, as well as getting back onto the road in case they wreck.
  • Counselors will react more realistically to sounds – broken windows, doors, walls – and depending on difficulty and the counselor you snatch up, they may have an easier time of breaking free of Jason’s grasp.

We believe that these changes will allow our Jason players to face a greater challenge against the Offline Bot AI.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yessssss the game mode I play most on is offline bots so glad there getting an upgrade it takes me hours to explain to someone everything new coming in the next update and the list just keeps growing!! 😂😂

If will be harder and better in offline bot that’s nice and single player if will be harder when we are in the middle of the single player challenge gameplay

Sweet! I've been waiting for an AI update. It'll be nice to have a bit more of a challenge when going against the bots.

Sounds awesome, I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I love playing with the bots and finally I'm happy with some of the new things about the new update (I'm happy with SP Challenges as well), but now the question is... When? :D April is coming!!

This may be a stupid question but is the hardware not capable of handling 7 independent bots? I notice that quite frequently a bot will just be standing there until I get close and then they will react. I run on the PS4 and I would think it would be more than capable but I assume the AI is much more difficult than that of, let's say, a football player.

Thanks for the update. I, for one, think you guys are doing a great job.

Here's hoping these changes improve the difficulty. Bots are fun but I would honestly be happy if even one of thhem could actually escape.

@ShiftySamurai

Will bots be able to kill Jason? Will bots spawn with the clothes we've selected for them?

• Like 1

Great news.  Will they still jump in and out of the same window even with Jason standing by that window?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TheRaven said:

How about adding boats to offline bots?

Good question.

Whatis the likelihood that bots will appear in random clothing packs in the future?  Also, will they eventually be able to fix/attempt to escape on the boat?  Love these planned updates to the Offline Bot AI and look forward to what's to come.  Cheers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Will bots be able to kill Jason?

I can already see the countless complaints from the bots about the salty Jasons that quit during the kill animation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Awesome news! One day in the future i'd hope to see a game of 16 bots, that would be pretty unlikely actually but nuts!

• Like 1

This is great news @ShiftySamurai.

I'm still curious about the boats and the ability to kill Jason, but this was really needed. I'm assuming this means we won't be able to select the perks ourselves, correct?

Now, will people stop complaining about bots being easy?

17 minutes ago, kitcat said:

I love playing with the bots and finally I'm happy with some of the new things about the new update (I'm happy with SP Challenges as well), but now the question is... When? :D April is coming!!

Maybe after april 13th they will released it or exactly on friday the 13th in april

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

be able to select the perks ourselves

This could get interesting if you could also choose which bots you're playing against. 7 Chads equipped with epic sucker punch, man at arms and slugger might be something to try. 

• Like 3

Great to hear the bots are getting these improvements!

A bit disappointed that we can't change the bots clothes, but still. Good job!  I can't wait for this update.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

This could get interesting if you could also choose which bots you're playing against. 7 Chads equipped with epic sucker punch, man at arms and slugger might be something to try. 

Well first I'd like to see how difficult they really are before trying that...

I don't want to be the first person to get wrecked by bots lol