ShiftySamurai

Offline Bot AI Improvements

An offline counselor mode is going to be needed eventually, with the same idea like the standard mode and challenges, etc. Especially for those who feel the opposite, who want to enjoy the game as counselor without teamer counselors or a Jason teamer/counselor. Its only fair too really.

With some modifications obviously.

- Optional 1st/3rd person view

- Pitch black lighting

- Only AI needed for Jason is exactly as seen in the virtual cabin. He has hidden locations and if you stumble into the wrong area of the woods or perhaps a cabin that hasn't been explored yet...instant kill, really simple and its never the same place in a row. It would be a lot easier than developing a serviceable AI Jason, unless they just make him way more OP to compensate for coding.

@tyrant666

I have my doubts there will ever be a mode with an AI Jason for counselors. I'm not against the idea but they've already stated it's a task beyond their ability and funds. I appreciated their honesty about it. Your suggestion isn't a bad one but I think it would become obvious in a short amount of time where Jason is and isn't.

Edit:

Though, if there was a different type of game mode where you were lured to objectives where you knew Jason would be, and you had to battle him in a different why than what's already been established, it might work.

Think the NES game. You know he's in the cabin but it's dependant on how well you do against him whether or not you survive.

Anyway...

I'd like to see them up the number of councilors that can start in an offline match.   Would be fun to run a game with 30 councilors!!!      Maybe someday have a customizable offline game menu were we can select which councilors and they're cloths and perks.     Thanks for the update!

All bots should prioritized picking up parts and rushing to the objectives and getting them done quickly. Then they should be able to drive cars well and know how to reroute through the woods. 

Currently if you play crystal lake small, the AI can do the first option well. I've gotten into situations where a car was done before setting up my last trap. The problem is they can't drive for shit.

If they can just do those two things well then that would raise my awareness about how I feel about the bots. Instead I could run to the bathroom for 10 minutes and come back to clean sweep them.

36 minutes ago, Loading said:

All bots should prioritized picking up parts and rushing to the objectives and getting them done quickly. Then they should be able to drive cars well and know how to reroute through the woods. 

no because even a human player wouldn't rush like that's a one way trip to dead town 

1 hour ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no because even a human player wouldn't rush like that's a one way trip to dead town 

Apparently you suck as counselor then.

Counselor has all the advantages to escape as early as they can because Jason doesn't have SHIFT.

24 minutes ago, Loading said:

Apparently you suck as counselor then.

Counselor has all the advantages to escape as early as they can because Jason doesn't have SHIFT.

no and not having shift yet does not matter because any smart jason will go to car immediately as match starts if its a small map which i believe you referred to in original post 

9 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no and not having shift yet does not matter because any smart jason will go to car immediately as match starts if its a small map which i believe you referred to in original post 

If there is 2 cars, he can only go to one of them first anyways. And he would have to guess right if he wants the blue car first. And while he's there the fuse box has no traps. Dun dun duuun!!!

6 minutes ago, Loading said:

If there is 2 cars, he can only go to one of them first anyways. And he would have to guess right if he wants the blue car first. And while he's there the fuse box has no traps. Dun dun duuun!!!

ok if cops are called its still three to five minutes before they show up that's if a good repair character finds fuse

Is there any chance we might get an offline mode where you play a counselor with an AI Jason?

well please make offline bots actually offline

If i unplug my internet im set to level 0 again, it is really off putting for a mode thats called "offline bots" but needs internet lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2018 at 7:32 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

I disagree. Being proactive gets you (and sometimes other players) out alive more often than not.

2 minutes ago, ThePatriots said:

I disagree. Being proactive gets you (and sometimes other players) out alive more often than not.

yes being proactive does help but if you rush into it with no awareness you will be dead 

Yes, finally. I've made it over 4100 kills with bots and it seems like the lower the difficulty level selected, the bots were harder to kill than the higher difficulties. Seriously I usually have all 7 or 8 counselors dead before my stalk becomes active. Unless I'm just screwing around...

Perhaps if ever a new F13 game was to come out in the future,  then jason AI could be created with something in line with alien isolation and a more contained setting to be able to pull it off.Obviously we would be looking at a different style of game to what we have now. 

Will the bot councelors now stop going through windows where Jason is waiting on the other side?

On 4/6/2018 at 5:51 AM, Left2Right said:

Will the bot councelors now stop going through windows where Jason is waiting on the other side?

I think these are things we're gonna have to wait and see for ourselves. 

They'll tell us what they've fixed but not what's still broken.

I hope to not see bots drive the car into the lake ever again. As humorous as it was when I saw it.

On 4/1/2018 at 12:05 PM, Drawxne said:

Is there any chance we might get an offline mode where you play a counselor with an AI Jason?

I do remember reading somewhere a few months back that they did prototype an AI controlled Jason player, but he was getting stuck around the map too often. They later decided to stop working on his AI pathfinding for now.

Maybe their plans have changed since then? I hope so.

This is one thing I am actually looking forward to in the next update.  Anything that makes the offline bot mode on hard difficult actually hard is great.  Right now, I don't even feel the need to set traps or anything.  Even if they get the car fixed, I know they will drive into a lamp post or tree and just sit there and wait for me to come drag them out of the car lol.  I'm really hoping that what has been stated regarding the improvements to the counselor AI is true and that they will start using traps in cabins, stop jumping through broken windows and hiding in the dumbest places, and actually be able to get the car fixed and drive it all the way off the map.  There are also many maps in which I know exactly where to go to find counselors who are pretty much AFK every match.  Usually, on camp crystal lake there is one by the boat house and I also find that when Tommy is called here he is also AFK a lot by the camp site where he spawns.  In Higgins, I always know I will be able to find two or three counselors just hanging out or hiding in the main lodge, too.  The only issue I have seen on Packanack is when a bot locks his/herself in the small shack by the big house (the one you cannot get back into if you lock the door and jump out a window) and just sits there the entire match waiting to be killed. The only other improvement I'm really hoping for is that they add the boats to the offline mode for bots to fix and use to escape.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes they make in this mode.