ShiftySamurai

Offline Bot AI Improvements

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

• AI might not be able to appreciate music...

But they might... they just might. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsJones-23 said:

Yeah like manhattan map, part 7 map, part 9, map, and other map like savini hell map, they should add non playable character that jason can kill them, and new environmental kill.

I heard we are not getting any new counselors or maps in this up coming update but I think those maps that are missing from the films will just come separately. I wish they are in Single Player Challenges.

Hey Shifty , are you guys done with the update and just waiting for Friday April 13th ?   Will you still be working on it until  released ? Do you think April 13th Will be reached or you need more time ?  How about adding a PlayStation 4 free avatar in the Ps store ?

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello Camp Slashers,

We’ve talked about grab animations, Single Player Challenges, Weapon Switching, Changes to Part 7 Jason, Grab Animation reworking, Roy’s Coveralls, the Salt Mines, and Key-binding, and today we’re going to talk about some of the improvements coming to the counselor AI in Friday the 13th: The Game’s Offline Bots game mode.

• AI will now be equipped with Perks that better match the selected difficulty level. Playing on Hard? The counselors might be packing a Perk that starts them out with a defensive item, just like their human counterparts.
  • AI will be better at choosing a hiding spot, and what cabins they should enter based on the number of other counselors in the cabin.
  • At higher difficulties, counselors will more carefully select and use weapons, especially weighing their chance to stun. They’ll probably ditch that stick for something that packs a bit more punch.
  • AI might not be able to appreciate music, but higher difficulty AI will use the radios located in the cabins as a means of distraction.
  • Higher difficulty AI can shoot more accurately, place traps, and will attempt to open Jason’s traps with pocket knives.
  • They have become better at repairing vehicles and letting friends into a repaired car before they take off, as well as getting back onto the road in case they wreck.
  • Counselors will react more realistically to sounds – broken windows, doors, walls – and depending on difficulty and the counselor you snatch up, they may have an easier time of breaking free of Jason’s grasp.

We believe that these changes will allow our Jason players to face a greater challenge against the Offline Bot AI.

Yes!!!!! :D I can't wait for this!

Sounds good. Fix them going in and out of the windows without stopping. Make them gang up more. Less seek and destroyed. Maybe record a online game and have the bots copy their actions and just randomly put it in the offline game? 

6 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

This could get interesting if you could also choose which bots you're playing against. 7 Chads equipped with epic sucker punch, man at arms and slugger might be something to try. 

Please?  This would be awesome (or trying out other variations of bots/perks).

With a lot of Jason fans not wanting to use quick play after the salt mine disaster, this is a must now so its great its happening.

11 hours ago, Bless 2 Success said:

I heard we are not getting any new counselors or maps in this up coming update but I think those maps that are missing from the films will just come separately. I wish they are in Single Player Challenges.

Yeah cuz those maps is not for multiplayer and not looking good those in multiplayer but scp will be look better and nice, it’s fit in scp

Can we get a pocket knife and shotgun perks

and pls add that killing jason without tommy

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, MsJones-23 said:

Can we get a pocket knife and shotgun perks

and pls add that killing jason without tommy

Not no but hell no

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

This may be a stupid question but is the hardware not capable of handling 7 independent bots? I notice that quite frequently a bot will just be standing there until I get close and then they will react. I run on the PS4 and I would think it would be more than capable but I assume the AI is much more difficult than that of, let's say, a football player.

Thanks for the update. I, for one, think you guys are doing a great job.

The PS4 and Xbox One use specialized laptop CPUs whose base specs are like 6 years old with some tweaks made by microsoft and sony, so the bots will have problems if the code to run them is very intensive. On PC I don't notice counselors standing still doing nothing, unless they are stuck on certain spots or stuck in a cycle of going in and out of doors/windows forever.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

On PS4 I'd often find one or two just standing somewhere- they had grabbed a weapon or searched some drawers but do nothing until hit.

Try Packanack Small- as soon as the intro video ends, morph to the lodge around where the car usually is. There's generally a bot standing there waiting for me to scare them before they move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Try Packanack Small- as soon as the intro video ends, morph to the lodge around where the car usually is. There's generally a bot standing there waiting for me to scare them before they move.

Try morphing at the default location at the center of the map before mama starts talking. Spawn kill 80% of the time. Works online too.

On paper, this should be a good part of the update.

I remember they said they made improvements to them in a prior update in vague terms and it didn't seem like much improved.

Bravo, appreciate the work that is constantly going on to improve this game. Great news. 

On 30/03/2018 at 5:01 AM, ShiftySamurai said:
  • AI will be better at choosing a hiding spot, and what cabins they should enter based on the number of other counselors in the cabin.

Completely removing the AI’s ability to hide would automatically make offline better. A bot has no judgement for hiding so it doesn’t make sense to even allow them access to those spots. If you really want to ramp up the difficulty put all the focus on AI combat ability.

• Confused 1

On 3/29/2018 at 2:01 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

At higher difficulties, counselors will more carefully select and use weapons, especially weighing their chance to stun. They’ll probably ditch that stick for something that packs a bit more punch.

What kind of blasphemy is this?!? Then again, I guess offline bots are not worthy of the Sacred Branch. 

• Like 2

This is wonderful news. The closest we'll get to playing a QP match without the trolls.

Sounds good, thanks for all your workload and love for details you still put into this game, Shifty.